Making Even Strife Modding Easier Resource (MESMER)

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
amv2k9

Making Even Strife Modding Easier Resource (MESMER)

Post by amv2k9 »

Guess I'll 𝓳𝓾𝓼𝓽 have to learn ZScript, then.
Last edited by amv2k9 on Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nash

Re: Making Even Strife Modding Easier Resource (MESMER)

Post by Nash »

Are you allowed to distribute modified maps from the base IWADs? If not, a better way to handle the MAP14 issue is with ZScript - level compatibility, or event handlers and map checksum tools are available for this kind use case, specifically.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

amv2k9 wrote:-A decompiled version of the STRFHELP ACS lump mentioned above, enabling you to quickly handle Strife's ACS actions.
Not to puncture your enthusiasm further, but the original source to STRFHELP is present on the GZDoom Github repo.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Kinsie wrote:
amv2k9 wrote:-A decompiled version of the STRFHELP ACS lump mentioned above, enabling you to quickly handle Strife's ACS actions.
Not to puncture your enthusiasm further, but the original source to STRFHELP is present on the GZDoom Github repo.
Also be aware of the recent localization branch, which exports most if not all hardcoded strings into the LANGUAGE lump. STRFHELP source has been modified there 2 days ago.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

Nash wrote:and map checksum tools are available for this kind use case, specifically.
Are you talking about compatibility.txt? Because there doesn't seem to be a page on the Wiki on how to use it.

Return to “Resources”