Verdammnis

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kollech87
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Verdammnis

Post by Kollech87 »

New Version 01.08.2021

Lastest Verdammnis Update 01.08.2021

visit Moddb for more infos or Read latest Post.
Check moddb Page for Detailed Credits.

Thanks to Audio Insurgency for Making an awesome new Soundtrack for Verdammnis
Please check the Homepage from this Guys and Support their Music
https://audioinsurgency.com/projects

For the Full changelog Visit Moddb

Download:
https://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/addons/verdammnis1

After what felt like an eternity i'll be back, my computer is working again and ill upload the latest version before the crash
This version is not 100% bug free but it comes with some extras,

Better Level Detail in HellRealm Special Challenge levels in the first few Verdammnis Levels
Last edited by Kollech87 on Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:59 am, edited 21 times in total.
grouchbag

Re: Verdammnis

Post by grouchbag »

Guess you already know Verdammnis is a favorite of mine. Thank you! :D
Kollech87

Post by Kollech87 »

Yes I know =D and thank you very much
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

:D You're welcome!
Korell

Post by Korell »

I was wondering why the ModDB download is 427 MB as that is pretty big for a Doom mod. When I downloaded it there appear to be three versions of the mod present inside the zip file.

Verdammnis_NoMod (181 MB)
Verdammnis_VANILLA (66.1 MB)
Verdammnis_Final (182 MB)

So what are the differences between these versions and wouldn't it be better to allow users to choose which version to download?
Kollech87

Post by Kollech87 »

Ah thank you for reminding me totally forgot to put in readme file into the zip

NoMod is the game with monsters and without Weapons of saturn an Nashgore
Vanilla is with Monsters and the Mods
Final is the Original version with everything inside

i actually considering to removing NOMOD and VANILLA
Korell

Post by Korell »

Just played through the first two levels of episode 1 (using the Final version). Man, this is hard even on the easier difficulties, which is why I imagine you put in the regenerating health. Anyway, just posting to mention that I saw some exploding barrels near the end of the first level that use what looks like a Duke Nukem sprite, but when they explode they turn into Doom barrels for at least one frame.
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

Kollech87 wrote:Ah thank you for reminding me totally forgot to put in readme file into the zip

Actually, I think it would be a great idea to at least keep the Vanilla version so people can play it with or without mods. So far I think this really decent map pack:)
Kollech87

Post by Kollech87 »

Korell wrote:Just played through the first two levels of episode 1 (using the Final version). Man, this is hard even on the easier difficulties, which is why I imagine you put in the regenerating health. Anyway, just posting to mention that I saw some exploding barrels near the end of the first level that use what looks like a Duke Nukem sprite, but when they explode they turn into Doom barrels for at least one frame.
Thank you for your feedback :)
Yes it's due to the fact i'm using the extermination day resource pack from Sgt. Mark also i have to admit scripting isn't a thing for me... as hard as i try i don't get it...
I focus on making maps and some other small changes ^^
Regenerating health thank you for mentioning that i really thought about removing it because i never had feedback about the difficulty
Kollech87

Post by Kollech87 »

Beezle wrote:
Kollech87 wrote:Ah thank you for reminding me totally forgot to put in readme file into the zip

Actually, I think it would be a great idea to at least keep the Vanilla version so people can play it with or without mods. So far I think this really decent map pack:)
mmmhhh ok then i need to update this :lol: at first i thought no one liked it so i decided to stop and focus on a version with all the monsters but without the Weapons of Saturn Mod.
At the Moment this versions is under development because it's easier for me then but everything back to Vanilla.

I don't want to say its dead yet but i consider to give the full vanilla thing a 2th chance somewhere in the future.
Kollech87

Post by Kollech87 »

News about Verdammnis

The last couple days i was working on a version of Verdammnis that's totally Vanilla and compatibility to almost any Mod.
Right now there is a small version ready with about 20 levels done, await a update soon.

Also after a break from almost anything Doom related I feel ready to end Chapter 4 with Brand New levels.
vsonnier
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by vsonnier »

The last couple days i was working on a version of Verdammnis that's totally Vanilla and compatibility to almost any Mod.
Sounds great, looking forward to try this :)
Kollech87

Post by Kollech87 »

vsonnier wrote:
Sounds great, looking forward to try this :)
Thank you for your comment also i want you and everybody else too know that the First Demo is Ready.
30 Levels + the 4 from episode 4
HellRealm will be converted in the next couple days.

Link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/11rGlmN ... sp=sharing
ToxicMasculinity

Post by ToxicMasculinity »

Heck yeah, thanks for sharing this. I really love the original mod, and it's awesome that it's going to get some much needed compatibility now too. Honestly, this mod has some of the most brutally aggressive enemies in any mod I've ever tried, and I absolutely frickin love it. I remember it took me about 20 minutes just to get past the first enemy encounter in E1M1, and I was smiling the entire time. The fun factor element was definitely not forgotten about when designing this mod. No matter how good any map is, the gameplay experience can still be boring as hell if it just feels like mobile Duck Hunt due to lazy enemy placement, AI, encounter design, etc. This mod suffers from none of that. Also, the soundtrack is probably one of the best that I've heard yet. I'm not sure where the songs are from, but they'd all seem right at home on the Doom 4 OST. Great job all around, and good luck finishing the project.
vsonnier
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by vsonnier »

Honestly, this mod has some of the most brutally aggressive enemies in any mod I've ever tried, and I absolutely frickin love it.
Yeah, about that... Is it possible to tone down the difficulty ? Playing some mods on top of that which ramp up the difficulty of their own, we got some some ridicoulously hard gameplay frustrating for shit players like me.

Return to “Levels”