DONTSPLASH in zscript

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Kzer-Za
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

DONTSPLASH in zscript

Post by Kzer-Za »

Did anyone happen to notice that the +DONTSPLASH flag doesn't work when used in zscript? Could someone please test it, maybe it's just something on my system.

What I mean is, if you define a projectile usind a decorate file, +DONTSPLASH flag works and the projectile doesn't produce any splashes. But if you define a projectile (any projectile) in a zscript file, then +DONTSPLASH just doesn't have any effect: the projectile always produces splashes. I also tried setting this flag by using this in the spawn state:

Code: Select all

TNT1 A 0 {bDONTSPLASH = true;}
This doesn't work either.
Blue Shadow

Re: DONTSPLASH in zscript

Post by Blue Shadow »

It works on my end (GZDoom 3.7.2). Could you post the code in which it doesn't work?
Kzer-Za

Post by Kzer-Za »

Well, the simplest projectiles that I tried would be this:

Code: Select all

Class SnakeProjWeak : SnakeProjA
{
{
	+DONTSPLASH;
	-WINDTHRUST;
	Speed 17;
	DamageFunction 15;
	DamageType "Magic";
}
}

Class SnakeProjStrong : SnakeProjB
{
{
	+DONTSPLASH;
	+WINDTHRUST;
	DamageFunction 45;
	DamageType "Fire";
}
}
First I created this as a decorate file, and it worked. Then I converted it to zscript, and now if I stand in water when one of these projectiles hit me, there are splashes all around. Decorate version suppressed them.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

I tested that code in both DECORATE and ZScript. The results are identical: upon hitting a liquid surface, no splashes are created by the projectiles. However...
Kzer-Za wrote:[...] if I stand in water when one of these projectiles hit me, there are splashes all around.
That could be the blood spawned from the player upon being hit by the projectiles which is creating these splashes, not the projectiles themselves.
Kzer-Za

Post by Kzer-Za »

Hm, when I added +BLOODLESSIMPACT the splashing ceased. Obviously I misremember that I didn't change anything when converting them to zscript. I must have removed BLOODLESSIMPACT.

Thanks a lot!

Return to “Scripting”