[4f0850b] Frags are counted in a different order

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

[4f0850b] Frags are counted in a different order

Post by Matt »

EDIT: this fix gets the entire game mode working correctly again (the initial displays are still wonky but I think this is on my end). It seems to be an issue of when exactly a frag is counted versus the timing of the PlayerDied event?

[original post below, originally titled "EventHandler no longer resets correctly"]

I'm still trying to unpack this one, but:

1. HD latest release: https://github.com/MatthewTheGlutton/Hi ... -3.7.2b.7z

2. Run a game with the following:

Code: Select all

+map range +set hd_forceloadout lau,rkt5 -deathmatch +set teamplay true +set fraglimit 105 +set sv_cheats true +set sv_nomonsters true
3. Summon as many bots as are allowed.

4. Turn on god mode and kill opfor bots until the endgame message shows up.

5. Wait for the map to restart and repeat step 4.

Expected: In each of 4 and 5, the bots stop respawning after a certain number of casualties.

Actual: In step 5, you start out with a number of frags and no endgame sequence ever happens.

I'm still trying to see if I can "fix" this for the level refactor at which point I might have enough to figure out how to even start doing a standalone - I can't even tell at which point it's messing up.
Last edited by Matt on Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: [4f0850b] EventHandler no longer resets correctly

Post by Graf Zahl »

To be honest, with that event handler class I do not even know where to start to look for what change may have caused this...

You know your code best so please try to narrow down the conditions that do not match the expected values.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: [4f0850b] Frags are counted in a different order

Post by Matt »

I think this should be closed.

The more I think about the change in HD's code that fixed this the more I'm more confused at how the old code even ran without problems.

If whatever caused this to break was in fact a bug, it'll probably show up again elsewhere and hopefully in something that can actually be analyzed...

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”