ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Assassin of Purity
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by Assassin of Purity »

TDRR wrote:
Assassin of Purity wrote:I'm having an idea of a Doom 2 remake or upgrade mod. The game isn't bad, but it does seem a bit like a cash-grab rather than a full fledged sequel. For one, it doesn't have Heretic's freelooking and inventory features. Another issue is that the game seems to have been rushed to get it to the market at the time. Take map 02 for instance...there's a Former Sergeant and a barrel stuck through a wall. It's just very weird, Another problem is the game getting easier with each level you go through. The final boss doesn't really seem that hard. The, "secrets" weren't really secrets at all. A door with a button on it that opens and once you get inside a secret has been revealed...what? Well this mod will fix those issues. The main idea is to make the game as if more time was given to develop it, and to include the upgrades Heretic, Rise of The Triad, and Hexen introduced. This includes...

+Looking up and down (Heretic)

+Inventory Mechanic (Heretic)

+Breakable Objects (Rise of The Triad)

+Jumping (Hexen)

Maps will be remade with these features in mind, and they'll have actual secrets in them.

Since the purpose is to just upgrade Doom 2 with those features, software mode will be supported. You can play it with OpenGL if you wish.
Isn't Super Skulltag basically this but without an inventory mechanic? If you are wondering, yes, Super Skulltag will run with Skulltag Emulation if you want to try it out, just load Super ST last.
Well the mod would use the standard weapons as how they are.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

I would like to do a TC based on Spy vs. Spy from Mad Magazine. You know, the satire of cold war-era espionage. Two campaigns, one for White Spy and one for Black Spy, and possibly a third one where they have to team up to fight aganst Grey Spy. Graphics would be strictly black, white and grey with low-detail line art. Weapons would be trap and gizmo-centric. Time bombs, spring-loaded boxing gloves, doppelgangers, that sort of stuff. Enemies would be spy clones, spy robots and maybe guard animals like dogs.

Post by Guest »

Hello everyone. I’ve been looking into John Anderson aka Dr. Sleep Inferno maps lately and as some of you know the last map called Lathe.Wad (Waters of Lethe) was never released to the public in 2004. In honor of his anniversary of his passing, would anyone be Interested in starting a group project in finishing his map while using his core mapping style from the Inferno Canto maps and releasing it to the public?
Hgluzowski

Post by Hgluzowski »

I have an idea of a GZDoom demake of once well-known indie game '1916: Der unbekannte Krieg'. The source of how I got this idea is know of... strange because I didn't got it from playing 1916 but from Total Chaos, and with saying that, you can get idea how rest of this 'demake' can look beside of obligatory level in the trenches, which will be straight from 1916.

Game will be divided into 3-4 chapters, each wit it's own feel to it. First would be... guess it, straight from 'Der unbekannte Krieg' and gameplay will be just like in original, but the more survival horror stuff from TC will be shown in the rest of game.

https://imgur.com/a/ifdFiWO
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

A TC with the gameplay of Crimsonland. Massive waves of enemies, perk system, random weapon and powerup drops.

A Killer Tomatoes TC (I actually assume that there already is one).

A Quarantine TC (might be my next project).
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

Autotune / pitch correct all doom sounds to follow their PC speaker counterparts
Hgluzowski

Post by Hgluzowski »

Hello guys, it's me... again (aka: the most ignored guy on forums ever...) !
I had recently saw old ZDoom addon (from 2015) and play-tested it, it's name is Medal of Doom... basically a kind-off remake of three maps from first MoH from PS1 on ZDoom engine... and it was, of course, done well but... well, even with Weasel Nazis!... something felt... missed, it hadn't that early WW2 FPS game charm that MoH had, you know what I mean.

In short, I would like to make a Medal of Honor-style WAD with this all PS1 level graphics (of course, slightly improved but still, poor for modern standards). Making demake of MoH, MoH Underground and, if someone would like, even add campaign from Frontline and make his own.
r&r

Post by r&r »

A Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines Weapons and powers mod would be nice

just messing around editing sprites
Attachments
Just awful vampire hands edits
Just awful vampire hands edits
MFG38
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by MFG38 »

Geez, I've had a ton of mod ideas over the years - and none of them ever went past the point of thinking up a central theme or gameplay concept.

Here are some I remember off the top of my head:

1) Doom-meets-Unreal-meets-MGS-type mod with a focus on stealth
2) another stealth mod but with a cyberpunk theme a la Deus Ex
3) GameBoy-style arcade shooter
4) FPS/dungeon crawler hybrid with a hub system
5) a few different variations of a Doom RPG sort of thing
6) Crash Doomicoot
Hgluzowski

Post by Hgluzowski »

But, again, I have only one question running in my mind: why isn't there any Thief: The Dark Project-like mod for Doom yet ?

Enjay, can ya explain me this ? Ya taffer !?
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

Hgluzowski wrote:But, again, I have only one question running in my mind: why isn't there any Thief: The Dark Project-like mod for Doom yet ?

I remember that someone released the code for a light-based stealth system somewhere around last year or 2017. That would be a good start, but of course designing a whole set of levels plus enemies etc. is a far bigger task.
Hgluzowski

Post by Hgluzowski »

Cherno wrote:
Hgluzowski wrote:But, again, I have only one question running in my mind: why isn't there any Thief: The Dark Project-like mod for Doom yet ?

I remember that someone released the code for a light-based stealth system somewhere around last year or 2017. That would be a good start, but of course designing a whole set of levels plus enemies etc. is a far bigger task.
Well, that's true.

For now, I'll have to make weapons for now to make equipment work properly, you know, blackjack that can be used only for stunning guards. Second biggest concern for now for me is problem with water arrows and torches, because well, that's one of the Thief mechanics, extinguishing torches by shooting water arrows at them.

Later on I'll add scripts and monsters that will make use of said code (or maybe I'll do one myself). For example, torches and other light sources will gave light (...so I can it somehow dynamic lights if torches can be extinguished by water arrows ?) and monsters (guards) will react not only to light, but to footsteps, too.

So yeah, it will be a very hard work, and with that, it will be required from me to make a team with few other Doomers to done it in reasonable time.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

The water arrow would have a special damage type that onyl torches are suspectible to and when they get destroyed by it the light goes out as well, of course.
r&r

Post by r&r »

Just a Idea

But how about Mod that the theme is like Toy Story, Small Soldiers, and the Army Men games?

Mostly a mod the theme you are a toy going on adventures in few huge locations

Like a House (Andy's House) , A Back Yard (Honey, I Shrunk the Kids), a Family entertainment restaurant (Pizza Planet).

Able to play as 3 action figures.

A Army-Man GI-Joe figure.
He's all green and is your balance type.

A 80's-90's Heman and TMNT parody figure.
Like a "Savage Neon Panda Viking Karate Warrior."
Mostly the Tank type, that use alot of strong melee weapons, and use some weak long range weapons.

A 90's Super Hero Figure
She mostly have range attacks with different elements, with minor op melee attacks, and she's able to fly with a time limit that recharges.

And on their adventure they be fighting other toys, to giant spiders, and rats
to mutated robots or toys of spiders or others things.
Assassin of Purity
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Assassin of Purity »

r&r wrote:Just a Idea

But how about Mod that the theme is like Toy Story, Small Soldiers, and the Army Men games?

Mostly a mod the theme you are a toy going on adventures in few huge locations

Like a House (Andy's House) , A Back Yard (Honey, I Shrunk the Kids), a Family entertainment restaurant (Pizza Planet).

Able to play as 3 action figures.

A Army-Man GI-Joe figure.
He's all green and is your balance type.

A 80's-90's Heman and TMNT parody figure.
Like a "Savage Neon Panda Viking Karate Warrior."
Mostly the Tank type, that use alot of strong melee weapons, and use some weak long range weapons.

A 90's Super Hero Figure
She mostly have range attacks with different elements, with minor op melee attacks, and she's able to fly with a time limit that recharges.

And on their adventure they be fighting other toys, to giant spiders, and rats
to mutated robots or toys of spiders or others things.
Sweet. :D

Return to “General”