Hell Caliber [HC2 Status Update]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Samarai1000
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [Slightly less WIP] Hell Caliber

Post by Samarai1000 »

Get Phobo wrote:*boom*
Uh, while my mod isn't very balanced to begin with, I feel something like that wouldn't work too well for gameplay. Sorry.
elCreyo
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/Windows 10

Post by elCreyo »

Thanks for fixing the ssg. Now it feels good.
Samarai1000

Post by Samarai1000 »

elCreyo wrote:*chick, chock, chick*
I'm glad to hear that was enough to make it worth using!

Sorry for bumping again, but a new update has been released, this time hopefully substantial enough to warrant a bump. Highlights of it are reworking of your fisticuffs, the shoving-in of Enjay's Splash.pk3 for fancy water/sewage effects, an added 'quick kick' to all weapons, and more alternative death animations for many enemies.

Lowlights are me needing to clean up redundant/now-unused code from the fist rework. :?
Samarai1000

Re: [Polish stage!] Hell Caliber

Post by Samarai1000 »

Welp, I suppose the mod is basically complete now, at least for what I presently have planned. Still rough around the edges, but much more far along then it was before. I can't thank you guys enough for your feedback, criticism, and just generally being great. There's a dumb trailer up at the first post, mostly just because I felt it'd be boring to just say "hey, here it is" even if the trailer itself is pretty damn embarrassing. Here's a very bad changelog, copied from the main post:
Spoiler:
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

[polish stage]
I completely misread that, and assumed you were making a bonus map set in Kraków. Now I'm disappointed.

I will have a play of this when you are done. It's becoming one of my favourite weapon mods.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

@Sanarai1000
Sorry for bringing this up again, but you still need to get rid of SPF_INTERPOLATE in the weapons, otherwise it causes issues without mouse smoothing.

Other than that, great to see a new update :)
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

never thought i'd see the day a doom mod trailer uses a fatboy slim song. good choice btw.
Get Phobo

Post by Get Phobo »

Vostyok wrote:[polish stage]
I completely misread that, and assumed you were making a bonus map set in Kraków. Now I'm disappointed.
:lol:

Well, the Wawel castle hasn't been made a map for Doom yet. Perhaps someone would like to do it? Here's an old floor plan.
Get Phobo

Post by Get Phobo »

Vostyok wrote:[polish stage]
:lol:

Well, the Wawel castle hasn't been made a map for Doom yet. Perhaps someone would like to do it? Here's a page with an old floor plan.
przemko27

Post by przemko27 »

Could you, at some point, make the monster and weapon replacement parts into separate mods?
Samarai1000

Post by Samarai1000 »

przemko27 wrote:*snip*
I WAS writing a long-winded response about how it's entirely possible, but I've lost my creative spark to work on things so it could take a while, but I now realize that with how I've set up the mod, I've accidentally made it very easy to do just this. Go into the main DECORATE file in the mod, and comment out line 7 (which just tells the mod to include the monsters.dec file) by putting two slashes (//) there. Bam, vanilla monsters! I can't verify how well this works, but taking a quick look there's no startup errors and I didn't notice any sprite conflicts, so you can give it a try.

A small update has been released for the mod to add some extra monster behaviors to the nightmare-equivalent difficulty, as well as a slider for adjusting bullet speed outside of this mode. Thank you all for your support, again.
Assassin of Purity
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Assassin of Purity »

Why isn't the mod a wad or pk3 file in the zip?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

A PK3 is just a zip file that has been renamed. In this case, the zip is set up properly, so just load it into GZDoom. You can reaname the extension from zip to PK3 if it bothers you.
Assassin of Purity
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Assassin of Purity »

Enjay wrote:A PK3 is just a zip file that has been renamed. In this case, the zip is set up properly, so just load it into GZDoom. You can reaname the extension from zip to PK3 if it bothers you.
Aaah, ok.
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Just wanted to pop in and say that I feel honored to see my name in the credits for suggesting the name! Glad you liked my admittedly low effort suggestion! This mod has turned into quite a satisfying weapon pack, by the way. Great job!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”