The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ribo Zurai

Re: The Guncaster - 3.2

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Mere_Duke wrote:And what about shop? Does that bug still exist?

PS: If you don't know how to uncomment, or open pk3, or anything, tell me. I'll send you fixed pk3.
Actually that appears to have fixed it. But it was a quick gameplay, not sure if it will cause any other issues in the long run. I will play a bit later and will update this comment if I find anything.

EDIT: The market issue seems to return in the more recent version of GZDoom.
Last edited by Ribo Zurai on Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DemonbaneSol

Post by DemonbaneSol »

The mask made for a very fun little rampage through Plutonia map 32. It would be nice if the add-on would add an ammo counter in the HUD for at least the Mourning Glory, since it seems to replace the Matriarch in most drop locations on top of it using a different ammo type, but showing your ammo for the Golden Emperor would also be nice. I know it regenerates, but it would still be nice to know if it's good to go again without having to switch to it after, say, using up the current 10 shots and then switching to something else (something that is likely to happen in a slaughtermap).
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

Ribo Zurai wrote:
Mere_Duke wrote:And what about shop? Does that bug still exist?

PS: If you don't know how to uncomment, or open pk3, or anything, tell me. I'll send you fixed pk3.
Actually that appears to have fixed it. But it was a quick gameplay, not sure if it will cause any other issues in the long run. I will play a bit later and will update this comment if I find anything.
Then please play with that fix I mentioned to ensure it doesn't break anything.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

DemonbaneSol wrote:The mask made for a very fun little rampage through Plutonia map 32. It would be nice if the add-on would add an ammo counter in the HUD for at least the Mourning Glory, since it seems to replace the Matriarch in most drop locations on top of it using a different ammo type, but showing your ammo for the Golden Emperor would also be nice. I know it regenerates, but it would still be nice to know if it's good to go again without having to switch to it after, say, using up the current 10 shots and then switching to something else (something that is likely to happen in a slaughtermap).
This won't happen, at least not after a solid rewrite of the HUD into zscript, which I have no idea about. SBARINFO is... usable, but too simple to do stuff like that effectively. I already have a whole copy of the normal HUD just with automap-overlapping elements turning down the alpha whenever you open it; the whole normal HUD as-is, and the fullscreen one. Doing a fix for that in the addon would mean doubling the amount of th HUD entries I'd have to maintain, just with the little tweaks to add those ammo bars. I don't need to say why I really, really don't want to do that? Plus the amount of ammo bars in the top left corner is already pretty staggering, I feel.

Also whatever that save bug is, again, it's gonna be fixed in the new version. If the issues will keep on pressing, I'll release a hotfix soon enough.
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

PillowBlaster wrote:Also whatever that save bug is, again, it's gonna be fixed in the new version. If the issues will keep on pressing, I'll release a hotfix soon enough.
So, this bug is really annoying; could you please tell if the solution I provided on the previous page is eligible?
baddude1337

Post by baddude1337 »

Another awesome release as always! Been blasting my way through several mapsets with it. Guncaster remains a firm favourite! Hench Cygnis is another great OP feeling gameplay option.

A few minor things I noticed (pretty inconsequential):

-Augur with the new upgrade ejects 4 shells instead of 3

-The Traveller's Journal shop description says it is an inventory item that is activated but it does not appear there. I presume that's because it is passive instead of an activated ability?
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

Another great release! The new stuff in the addon feels pretty awesome.

The context menus are very handy, especially when you amass a lot of items. I used to have to bind them to specific keys, but with this addition, I no longer have to do so.

Too bad about the HUD limitations on new bars for Mourning Glory and Golden Emperor. I would suggest you just make Mourning Glory use the same type of ammo as the matriarch, but consume more bullets, but I don't know how viable/willing you'd be to implement it in such a fashion. For the Golden Emperor I would suggest you add a buff icon that can keep track of its regeneration. Each time it's full = 1 bullet, sorta like what you do for the Philosopher's Tome. If the Icon is not there, it is fully loaded, and if you don't have the gun, you don't get any icon.

To add onto the previous post about bugs:
I am playing only with Guncaster + addon and damnum

- I can confirm Augur with Longmag Theta is ejecting 4 casings.
- Voidwalker's Journal is supposed to be passive, it seems that it's not working in full capacity. I tested it across its four levels and projectiles are not being deflected back at the enemies, but I am able to avoid generic bullets, aka hitscans, no matter the level of the journal. I tested melee too and was hit by melee attacks, as is expected. I would guess something went wrong with its tokens...

EDIT:
-Added camera when dance-taunting. Yes, it is a very important feature therefore it belongs to core changes, capische?
I just noticed this feature and when dance-taunting I couldn't see any different camera. I believe this extremely important and necessary feature is missing and should be a priority in any bugfixes.
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

PillowBlaster wrote:-Golden Emperor works fine. It was toggled at first but I wanted more control over guidance so I made it only work if you hold the button.
Oh, I guess I missed this one, my appologies. However, it still makes no sense as to why you can "enable" it's stratocaster in the shop menu. I bet it would trully confuse a lot of people.
PillowBlaster wrote:-Deadmaker's Apocalypse actually is stronger per-se; it doesn't spray big blasts but a lot more of smaller ones, I prefered it that way.
Didn't knew that; although to be honest, after various of testing, it still feels much weaker compared to enchanted Apocalypse by ancient amplifier than to deadmaker's Apocalypse. Due it's blast, it's best used against horde of monsters that stick together, so it's already better at killing multiple smaller monsters in your sight than deadmaker's Apocalypse. Yet default enchanted Apocalypse is also very effective against multiple cyberdemons due it's damage, while at range deadmaker's apocalypse is just tickles cyberdemons while barely damaging them. The fire rate of spell feels much slower too in deadmaker's mode...

I did several tests in plutonia, hell revealed, valiant and chillax maps. No matter how much I wanted to convince myself that it is stronger than default enchanted Apocalypse from ancient amplifier, unfortunatelly it never did work out for me. I found that even free firebreath spell in deadmaker's mode is more powerful than deadmaker's apocalypse.

Maybe add the blast of enchanted Apocalypse from ancient amplifier to the deadmaker's Apocalypse? That way it could actually feel stronger than enchanted deadmaker, would also convince people to use it more than just to stick to beginner's spells which currently feels more badass and more powerful than the top-tier most overpriced spells currently in the game.
PillowBlaster wrote:-I don't have ideas for empowered variations on those for now, so I'll keep them as-is.
The Chillgrasp is really in need of one. There is this idea I suggested in some previous thread:
What if for Deadmaker's Chillgrasp, you using the full potential of telekinesis, and this time you can even sucking up all nearby items and pickups all around you in a map toward yourself?? Also when you aim at certain pickup, bonus, item, or even a coin miles away from you all across the map, you can magnet it toward yourself as well too, by simply aiming at it. You also can suck up all nearby enemies around you toward yourself while damaging them and freezing them as well.
If you scratch the idea of ability to magnet all the coins\gold items as to how hard and complicated it would be to code, which would be a shame, it actually would work really great if you could magnet all the nearby enemies and freeze them in the process, just like you would if you grab them up with normal Chillgrasp. In fact, to make the spell even more fun, you could magnet multiple enemies toward yourself while constantly damaging them with freezing damage and make them spin around like Sheepshield while still radiating freezing wave out of their bodies like with normal Chillgrasp; and when you release the button you would just push them all away from you in all directions like you would do with phys cannon from HL2.

What do you think about this one? No need to take me literally, just wanted to share my feedback and I'm just curious for your opinion.

For Annihilation, it could simple have dual-hand rapid fire of enchanted Annihilation casting like with Prism Laser, Threadcutter or Hammersmite, while ball would be the same as if it was enchated by ancient amplifier. Although on other note Cygnis could just summon a bigger and more deadly\spammy ball of absolute energy.

Rachmaninov's Punch is kinda hard to find out, kinda one of the least useful spell along with Apocalypse since he basically can use this "spell" with his hands alone now and it doesn't even consume mana. All I can think of is that it become even more powerful and now can cause mini-nuke on hit, while also piercing with flames through small enemies.

Corpseblast could just have a much bigger effective radius. Can't think anything more than that; so far I could probably say it's the least useful spell in the game in deadmask's mode. A more complicated idea would be is to allow it to rise the spirit of dead enemies from their grave and force them join on your side. It would be exactly the same spirit just like of Voidwalker's Touch when you convince the enemy to fight on your side; except perhaps one dead body of enemy can summon infinite of these spirits of same dead body; one per shot of Corpseblast spell, of course.
PillowBlaster wrote:Also Skypunch is actually better, it throws much bigger and stronger fists by default.
Yes it is. It's actually one of the best spells in deadmask's mode right now. I didn't said a single word about it though. Could it be that you've mistaken it with Chillgrasp that I put in light-blue font?? If so, I'm sorry. :oops: I try to use fonts so it's easier to remember about which exactly Spell I'm talking about it, just for easier understanding and reading. I guess I should use a bit more bright fonts, then. :P

Oh and the last thing I forgot to mention previous time. I noticed that wast majority of attacks and spells actually affect by environment, like fire gets extinguished in water yet lightning attacks get stronger in water, and ice attacks getting stronger in ice environment. So even deadmask's spell get neglected by water. So there is this one small oversight I noticed.

7)Oversight: Deadmask's Thunderstruck doesn't get amplified when get hit in water.
What it does, how to replicate and how it affect the game: Whenever I shoot deadmask's Thunderstruck spell in to water, it's splash or damage doesn't get any stronger or bigger. Although it does when i shoot it in default mode, or enchanted by ancient amplifier.
Found and tested in: Doom 2, GZDoom 3.7.2, map01, map02, map18, map20.
Last edited by MaxRideWizardLord on Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

I did a speedrun with the addon to take a look at it, and I noticed a couple things:

1. I can't seem to absorb the Draugh. I followed to instructions and re-read them carefully and nothing happens. And no I did not have anything else equipped or running trying to do so.

2. The text for the items in the shop is getting cut off after the 5th line of text by Nathor's commentary.
Rtma

Post by Rtma »

Valherran wrote:I did a speedrun with the addon to take a look at it, and I noticed a couple things:

1. I can't seem to absorb the Draugh. I followed to instructions and re-read them carefully and nothing happens. And no I did not have anything else equipped or running trying to do so.

2. The text for the items in the shop is getting cut off after the 5th line of text by Nathor's commentary.
With the first question, hold E (Whatever your use key is) then activate the Artifact,
For the second, you can scroll up and down with move forward and back keys, hope that helps.

So the shopkeeper is Cygnis's father? Wonder how that happened, day job? Curse? Higher calling? . . . Punishment?
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Rtma wrote:
Valherran wrote:I did a speedrun with the addon to take a look at it, and I noticed a couple things:

With the first question, hold E (Whatever your use key is) then activate the Artifact,
For the second, you can scroll up and down with move forward and back keys, hope that helps.

So the shopkeeper is Cygnis's father? Wonder how that happened, day job? Curse? Higher calling? . . . Punishment?
I've done that, it didn't work. Even tried setting the keys to default, also didn't work.

Did not know that, nevermind then.

Grandfather, but yeah, he tell you all that if you listen to all of his banter.
Dinosaur_Nerd
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

Fureyon wrote: I just noticed this feature and when dance-taunting I couldn't see any different camera. I believe this extremely important and necessary feature is missing and should be a priority in any bugfixes.
currently, in order to get it to work, you must edit the CVARINFO.txt file located in the pk3.

Make sure this line looks like this

Code: Select all

// REALLY REALLY IMPORTANT:
user bool	gc_dancecam					= true;
It is set to false by default, so you must set it to true to make the dancecam work.

It's up to pillow and the crew how they wanna handle this, I expect maybe it was supposed to be a menu option that folks forgot about as the release day was approaching. If it were up to me, I'd have it switched on by default, and have an option in the menu to turn it off if it annoys you.
Valherran wrote: I've done that, it didn't work. Even tried setting the keys to default, also didn't work.
Make sure the draugh pet is NOT spawned, if he is, dismiss him.

Hold the button you use to open doors, while still holding that button press the button you use to activate items.
One of the quotes from nithor in the previous iteration:

Code: Select all

A well-paid, non-stressful way to pay for my sins, he said... Damn you, Itharal! This is fucking BORING!!
//Itharal is his buddy from his local equivalent of Hell. Also owner of said place.
As for "why" Nithor has to pay for sins, I'm not exactly up to speed on the olympian bureaucracy of this mythology. I think I read that he went on a rampage or something a while back, buuuuuuuut not exactly sure how he ended up beholden to anyone.
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

Alas my dance cam shall not be denied! Thanks Dino.
I agree it's best to leave it on and make the toggle to turn it off, but why would you want to?
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

Whoops! I thought I added the menu item. You can also enable it in the console by typing "gc_dancecam 1".

The slow mouse issue is because I didn't properly scale the mouse for the aspect ratio. This has been taken care of, as has the selection bug MRWL noticed.

I have rewritten the hp viewer from scratch for the next version. It may strike your fancy with a few additional features and stability. You can scale it, decide between % and hp, change value gradually or instantly, and make it prefer a chillgrasped enemy's health over whatever you point at. In general, colouring is smoother and it will wait a bit while before fading out, helping against small fast targets.

Until the patch, you may do what Mere Duke did to fix the view staying on permanently. The bug came along due to last minute changes.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Stuff
I didn't want to make Keks add a specific variation for just one Strat case. As much as given the confusion here, guess I'll have to ask him to do so.

I went for smaller blasts, given they lag less. Each time I used empowered blasts, the game became uncomfortably slow, but I didn't want to cut down on already gutted effects; guess I'll see about it. Otherwise, Chillgrasp does have empowered effect, it chains the blasts - I just didn't add much more to it. As of the rest of spells - adding even bigger blasts to some of them is a bad idea; Annihilation at times makes me drop down to five frames per second, and if I'd add even more projectiles to it... yeah, I'd rather not. Unless I'll upgrade my gear, then I might go ham again. I use my own PC as my benchmark for obvious reasons.

I didn't bother much with environmental stuff lately, hence why Thunderstruck misses it; I'll admit this idea is a bit of a dud as it doesn't work out in custom environments too well. I am not the kind of person to remove features, so I kept it as-is. But trying to cooperate with it tires me these days.

Also, pet-peeve time: Using a plethora of colored fonts or text highlights is.. not helping on my reading; quite the contrary, even. I am not saying you should change your ways, but this grinds my gears.
Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:As for "why" Nithor has to pay for sins, I'm not exactly up to speed on the olympian bureaucracy of this mythology. I think I read that he went on a rampage or something a while back, buuuuuuuut not exactly sure how he ended up beholden to anyone.
He dun goofed. Read more here.
baddude1337 wrote:-Augur with the new upgrade ejects 4 shells instead of 3

-The Traveller's Journal shop description says it is an inventory item that is activated but it does not appear there. I presume that's because it is passive instead of an activated ability?
-Will fix that.

-I don't see anything suggesting that it's an activated inventory, it enchances Riftwalk. But I guess I'll retool that to make it less ambigous.
Fureyon wrote:- Voidwalker's Journal is supposed to be passive, it seems that it's not working in full capacity. I tested it across its four levels and projectiles are not being deflected back at the enemies, but I am able to avoid generic bullets, aka hitscans, no matter the level of the journal. I tested melee too and was hit by melee attacks, as is expected. I would guess something went wrong with its tokens...
The hitscan stuff seems to work fine; I still get hit by zombiemen and all. The projectile reflection however - something borked on gzdoom's side, but given it works with CustomInventory again, which I most likely should use in the first place, I guess I'll accomodate for it.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”