Nukem Town 1.1b - Duke Nukem in Hell!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Nuke Town 0.4b - "Shake it, baby!"

Post by StroggVorbis »

The link still leads to the previous version :?
Ahpiox

Post by Ahpiox »

Damn, wait...

EDIT: I just forget to name it :\
Ahpiox

Post by Ahpiox »

Oh, that was not so easy. But i done it!
Wait friday for an update.
Ahpiox

Re: Nuke Town 0.5 - "Come get some"

Post by Ahpiox »

what i should add to the mod? Weapons, objects, options, something else?
UnbornDecay25

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

Considering you already went above and beyond the Duke 3d arsenal so far, I dont know what else you could add. Maybe enemies, but I always thought the Duke 3d enemies were annoying.
Ahpiox

Post by Ahpiox »

Main goal of this mod is being compatible with monster packs, so no custom enemies.
UnbornDecay25

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

Ah. Damn. I like to review mods when they're finished, so I didnt know. I'll check it out when I have the time, and then I'll get back to you
UnbornDecay25

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

Alright, finally played and enjoyed it. To a degree. The first thing I noticed is holy shit I was fast. I dont remember Duke being this fast on his feet, nor Doomguy. Another thing that I noticed is the voice and weapon clips were noticeably low quality, and sometimes I couldnt tell what Duke was saying. The weapons all feel good however, but the last probem is the Medkits, which are EVERYWHERE, making it way too easy to blast through Doom 1 and 2 without letting go of whatever "Walk forward" was held to. Even on 'Damn, I'm Good' its too easy. And I think the Ripper should consume amunition faster, but thats just personal preference.

Oh, and if you are going to have manual reloading, can you add a seperate ammo counter so the player doesnt run out in the heat of battle without having to check? Thats all that I noticed, at least. Really liking this so far!
Ahpiox

Post by Ahpiox »

UnbornDecay25 wrote:Alright, finally played and enjoyed it. To a degree. The first thing I noticed is holy shit I was fast. I dont remember Duke being this fast on his feet, nor Doomguy. Another thing that I noticed is the voice and weapon clips were noticeably low quality, and sometimes I couldnt tell what Duke was saying. The weapons all feel good however, but the last probem is the Medkits, which are EVERYWHERE, making it way too easy to blast through Doom 1 and 2 without letting go of whatever "Walk forward" was held to. Even on 'Damn, I'm Good' its too easy. And I think the Ripper should consume amunition faster, but thats just personal preference.

Oh, and if you are going to have manual reloading, can you add a seperate ammo counter so the player doesnt run out in the heat of battle without having to check? Thats all that I noticed, at least. Really liking this so far!
Sounds was ripped from original .grp file, and GZDoom is very different engine than Build, so sounds sometimes feels 'blurry'. Medkits galore will be fixed. And... i forget to setup Damn Im Good properly, sorry.
Also, i have idea to delete Inf. Ammo Sphere, which is doesn't fitting into Duke3d style at all. Thanks for feedback!
UnbornDecay25

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

I didnt say anything about ammo sphere. I never found it. What I was saying was a ammo counter for whats currently in the mag. Either you should have manual reloading and a counter, or no manual reloading at all.

As for the sounds, ah I see. Perhaps you could use the Megaton or 20 Aniversary editons? I have no idea how to mod so I'll leave you that
All in all looks good
Ahpiox

Post by Ahpiox »

UnbornDecay25 wrote:I didnt say anything about ammo sphere
I perfectly got the idea of ammo counter, just saying Ammo Sphere was a kind of ballast in this mod.
UnbornDecay25

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

Ahpiox wrote:
UnbornDecay25 wrote:I didnt say anything about ammo sphere
I perfectly got the idea of ammo counter, just saying Ammo Sphere was a kind of ballast in this mod.
Ah. I was confused cause I didnt mention anything about it. Oops. Sorry bout that
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Ahpiox wrote:what i should add to the mod? Weapons, objects, options, something else?
The Duke 64 weapons would be pretty sweet. Especially the dual MP5's
Ahpiox

Post by Ahpiox »

Whoah wrote:
Ahpiox wrote:what i should add to the mod? Weapons, objects, options, something else?
The Duke 64 weapons would be pretty sweet. Especially the dual MP5's
This is cool idea, but idk about Duke 64 ports, because i need to PORT weapons into mod, not just use DN64 sprites for something-around things.
And as i know, it's have no widescreen sprites. Anyway, i will try to implement this, maybe through a gameplay videos.
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

https://www.moddb.com/mods/dn64
Maybe this could help? Also, as a little side note, the option to have certain weapons look like their N64 counterparts if the differences are purely cosmetic, would be pretty sweet.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”