La Tailor Girl v1.89 Plain Black [updated march 18 2023]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.70H [happy new year]

Post by fakemai »

Only major comment is "oh god oh god oh god oh god why did I reload the rusty launcher as schoolgirl". I'll play it thorougly in a bit.
Apteral10 wrote:Is there some kind of console command order to access Nari
Not sure but if you extract the archive you can go to keyconf and replace
Spoiler:
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

fakemai wrote:Only major comment is "oh god oh god oh god oh god why did I reload the rusty launcher as schoolgirl". I'll play it thorougly in a bit.
Apteral10 wrote:Is there some kind of console command order to access Nari
Not sure but if you extract the archive you can go to keyconf and replace
Spoiler:
Hmm... You mean the main doom keyconf file? Because the download of this newest version didn't include a file of keyconf for LTG.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

.pk3 files are just .zip so extract it. GZDoom supports loading folders too.
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

fakemai wrote:.pk3 files are just .zip so extract it. GZDoom supports loading folders too.
Thank you for the help. I tried it around a bit and I think I will wait for it to be completed for better view on what needs to be fixed or how I feel about it.
Rex R

Post by Rex R »

quote; Only major comment is "oh god oh god oh god oh god why did I reload the rusty launcher as schoolgirl", pretty much what I said, and that has a good bit of recoil. thankfully I was able to get back to dry land w/o blowing myself to pieces after the recoil pushed me into nukage. note: please don't change the recoil, it needs some downsides to counter everyday use :).
Rex
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

The rusty launcher special is something alright, it wasnt suppoused to be like it is originally however it was too hilarious so I kept it

If you want to access Nari you can do it with removing the comment line in the keyconf
.pk3's can be also opened with Slade which is the tool most modders use and probably the easiest way to do so too

Nari's very unfinished so yeah there's bound to be typos and the like, she's not all super polished yet, have mostly been focusing on her functions, theres a lot of placeholder stuff with her, so while she is very playable, you cant expect too much from her yet
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

I'm hoping you help me get better Shrine Maiden art.
Sasha_The_Lynx
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Sasha_The_Lynx »

Hege Cactus wrote:The rusty launcher special is something alright, it wasnt suppoused to be like it is originally however it was too hilarious so I kept it

If you want to access Nari you can do it with removing the comment line in the keyconf
.pk3's can be also opened with Slade which is the tool most modders use and probably the easiest way to do so too

Nari's very unfinished so yeah there's bound to be typos and the like, she's not all super polished yet, have mostly been focusing on her functions, theres a lot of placeholder stuff with her, so while she is very playable, you cant expect too much from her yet
Ah, so there is a new character in the works? Im gonna do the thingy to access her and see how she is. Obviosuly, i be going in knowing she is unfinished, but im no stranger to that. Being a beta tester in alot of games, new features that are unfinishied is like breakfast for me hehe.
Also, i hope you had a good new year :3

EDIT: DId the edit, and im already sold on the concept. Cute robo/cybernetic girl. Im defintly hyped for when she is fully complete and ready.
Also, are you considering giving her voice a bit of vocoding for a more robotic theme? If so, maybe i can assist in that? I done vocoding for a few mods i done in the past, altough it may not be the world's best, it certainly isnt a typical Flanger effect you may find standard in Audacity, but something more genuine.

But if not, still cool tho. Also, her expressions are adorable ouo
HolyHeadcrab

Post by HolyHeadcrab »

Nari feels pretty good to play so far. Kinda disappointed the art's not all done, but I know it takes time.
The longer weapon switching animations sort of confuse me, though. I like them visually, but they take too long while you're in the thick of combat. Is it intended to be that way? And... what are the guidelines for them playing anyway? It seems to happen at random.
RabbitCuddle

Post by RabbitCuddle »

Okay so just as a heads up, this IS a spoiler! I have finished the weapon enchantments for the "new kid".
Spoiler:
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

RabbitCuddle wrote:Okay so just as a heads up, this IS a spoiler! I have finished the weapon enchantments for the "new kid".
Spoiler:
Good work here but barrel outfit can be upgraded? Hmm... As far as I know... You can't... Unless I am missing something.
RabbitCuddle

Post by RabbitCuddle »

"Good work here but barrel outfit can be upgraded? Hmm... As far as I know... You can't... Unless I am missing something."

It says in the pastebin it can't be upgraded >_>
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

RabbitCuddle wrote:"Good work here but barrel outfit can be upgraded? Hmm... As far as I know... You can't... Unless I am missing something."

It says in the pastebin it can't be upgraded >_>
Is it upgradable for Daina? Also you might want to double check. Yes you do mention them not able to be upgraded for Nari but this might lead to confusion of is it upgradable for Daina or Sewie. At least for me it did. There only reads Nari can't upgrade on the barrel section. I haven't made any kind of searches in the game but I just want to make sure is this the case or not. Sorry that I am nitpicking but... What comes to this and on coding. Devil is in the details and I don't like to be that guy who nitpicks but it is better to be preemptive than let something actually happen.
Rex R

Post by Rex R »

Daina can upgrade the barrel (outfit points maxes out,and the barrel gets a cute bow).
Rex
RabbitCuddle

Post by RabbitCuddle »

Hmm... maybe I'll add a little message at the start of the list about upgrading as certain characters? Would help with confusion. :)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”