John Romero - Honoring the Awesome Man He Is

News about ZDoom, its child ports, or any closely related projects.
[ZDoom Home] [Documentation (Wiki)] [Official News] [Downloads] [Discord]
[🔎 Google This Site]

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

John Romero - Honoring the Awesome Man He Is

Post by Rachael »

If you've had your ear to the ground lately, then you know that John Romero has come under fire lately for joining a charity stream by HBomberGuy to raise money for a youth trans charity. The attacks have been vicious, unfair, childish and hateful.

So to try and counter that, and to show John Romero support, not only for what he has given us over the years, but for standing up for principle and being strong, and to show that he is not alone in this, many of us staff from both here and the r/Doom subreddit have come together and decided to create a project to show our appreciation for him.

Kevansevans, a r/DOOM subreddit moderator, has taken up the mantle for leading this project.

And John - if you ever read this - you did the right thing. The staff in both of our communities stand behind you, along with many of our members. We owe you a great deal for the fun you have given us over the past quarter of a century. What happened to you was wrong - and we're here to stand strong and tell you in one clear voice - we have your back - and we want to give you something back.

To anyone else interested in contributing to this project, you can join in on this project here!
Apeirogon

Re: John Romero - Honoring the Awesome Man He Is

Post by Apeirogon »

If you've had your ear to the ground lately, then you know that John Romero has come under fire lately for joining a charity stream by HBomberGuy to raise money for a youth trans charity.
I usually have my ears on my head, rather than on ground, so where I can read more about it?
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Most of it, it seems, has been happening in Reddit, where no public record of what's been said exists - but some of it has been happening on other sites too, like oneangrygamer.net. You will have to find the articles yourself - I am not willing to sift through them again. They post a ton of crap and their Romero articles got buried.
gramps

Post by gramps »

Apparently my ears have not been on the ground either. Which is probably just as well, generally not much substance behind these kind of things.

Anyway, if we're gonna celebrate diversity by filling demons full of lead, I'm down with that.
BFeely
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by BFeely »

Rachael wrote:Most of it, it seems, has been happening in Reddit, where no public record of what's been said exists - but some of it has been happening on other sites too, like oneangrygamer.net. You will have to find the articles yourself - I am not willing to sift through them again. They post a ton of crap and their Romero articles got buried.
So now that Angry "Gamer" hates Romero?
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

The author publishing the articles does not directly state that. You can only infer the intent by the framing - it's the comments to the articles that stuck out much more.

Return to “ZDoom (and related) News”