Short and simple suggestion. Cheat disabling sv_cheat 2 mode

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

MaxRideWizardLord

Short and simple suggestion. Cheat disabling sv_cheat 2 mode

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Hello.

sv_cheats 2 state would serve a simple function, it would disable all of the cheats that you can use.

Since my binds of all binded keys consist of like... 70% cheats, mostly just to test various mods and test my own attempts at creating something, sv_cheats 2 would be incredible useful when you finally decide to play games and mods the legit, and thus you won't accidently click the q button next to W that would give you terminator bonus by accident, and etc.

Re: Short and simple suggestion. Cheat disabling sv_cheat 2

Post by Guest »

Wouldn't -1 be a more sensible value for this?

Also, you can do something like this yourself by with this console command: test > $sv_cheats 0 "<your commands>"
Then just set sv_cheats to 1 when you want the commands, and you don't have to worry about them misfiring.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Or just...unbind the keys. Or move them somewhere you're less likely to hit by accident.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

How about something different: "cl_blockcheats" - which only blocks cheats locally, and can be flipped off and on at-will by the user (is not latched), and its setting does not affect others in a netgame?

As someone who uses debugging keys frequently, I can see a lot of use in the suggestion that OP proposed. Sorry.

I could implement something like that in a total span of 2 minutes and it makes a lot more sense than extending sv_cheats, in my opinion.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Dang, that's handy. I'm playing through Square again for testing's sake, and I swear I accidentally hit my noclip keybind once per map. This ought to save a brain cell or twenty.
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Hugh Dartworth wrote:Wouldn't -1 be a more sensible value for this?

Also, you can do something like this yourself by with this console command: test > $sv_cheats 0 "<your commands>"
Then just set sv_cheats to 1 when you want the commands, and you don't have to worry about them misfiring.
The point is, cheats do work with sv_cheats 0 in singleplayer game, aside from Nightmare difficulty.
wildweasel wrote:Or just...unbind the keys. Or move them somewhere you're less likely to hit by accident.
Unbinding and rememeber the exact commands would be so much botheration just for that, and I have my entire keyboard binded already. I've even attempted to make simple aliases which would unbind and rebind the debug keys. Which is why I suggested this in first case.
Rachael wrote:How about something different: "cl_blockcheats" - which only blocks cheats locally, and can be flipped off and on at-will by the user (is not latched), and its setting does not affect others in a netgame?

As someone who uses debugging keys frequently, I can see a lot of use in the suggestion that OP proposed. Sorry.

I could implement something like that in a total span of 2 minutes and it makes a lot more sense than extending sv_cheats, in my opinion.
Rachael wrote:Added
That would work too, thanks!
Xaser wrote:Dang, that's handy. I'm playing through Square again for testing's sake, and I swear I accidentally hit my noclip keybind once per map. This ought to save a brain cell or twenty.
Heh, that's why I play your mods mostly in Nightmare difficulty. :D Afterall, at least they are not filled with infinite monster respawn non-sense. :mrgreen:

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”