Zagemod (v1.5.1 Released, pg 25)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gideon020

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.2 Released, Page 4)

Post by Gideon020 »

silentzora wrote:
2's a party wrote:This is a great mod, but every time I kill a spider mastermind it automatically switches to the next map, is this a bug or a feature, and if it is a feature, can you perhaps make it so we can toggle it in the settings? Also, perhaps an option to make doom 64 guys unmaker use humans souls instead of plasma, since when you have it fully upgraded there is literally no reason to use the bfg over it. Doom 64 guys shotgun cross hair also kinda sucks, it takes up way too much of the screen, but other than that I love this mod.
The timing on the Mastermind special is bugged. I'll work on that for the next update.

Didn't really have plans to switch the Unmaker to human souls as ammo, since it used cells in Doom 64. Given its lower spawn rate in place of the BFG, though, I think that's acceptable.

As far as the Tactical Shotgun crosshair goes, a lot of the crosshairs are larger than the stock G/ZDoom crosshairs. It might be necessary to downscale them in your configuration. You can find the setting under Options > HUD Options > Scale Crosshair. If that fails, you can force the default crosshair, and that option's on the same menu. Hope that alleviates some of the issues with it.

EDIT: Misread your original comment about the Masterminds. If the map is transitioning every time you kill a Mastermind, whether the map is supposed to or not, I haven't been able to reproduce this problem. Looked over the Mastermind's death states, and the only thing I could find is that there's an A_KillMaster call in there that's no longer needed (recycled from a previous project), but this doesn't look to be causing the issue. I suspect there might be something in your autoload folder that might be causing this, but I can't be certain. :(
I've killed several Masterminds while playing a megawad with just this mod in the load order, that error has never occurred with me.
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

So when are we gonna get Quakeguy? Also, can we get a character that uses a flamethrower? That 64 guy's rocket launcher kill animation with the imps is funny. Can we see that for other larger enemies?
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

You'll get QuakeGuy when the update is ready. I've got two more player classes to add before it's ready. Just be patient. It'll be out "When It's Done." (tm) :wink:
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Inb4 one of the other player classes is DukeGuy, hahahaha. :D

But nah, looking forward to seeing what you release next when it comes out, this is so far my favourite gameplay enhancement mod alongside Dead Marine and Doomzone. Hope one of the other two new ones is another female char, give ZoraGal some company. :)
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

I am a firm believer that Doom 3 wasn't as bad as everyone likes to say it was.

One more class to go.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Hehe, will it be StrifeGuy? HacxGuy? Another girl? All this and more in the next thrilling episode of...ZAGE Mod!
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

I'm expecting SlayerGuy, but hoping for MovieGuy.

...wait no I'm not why did I type that second part.
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

Zagemod was featured in last Marveller video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6nJYLqx4dI)
And I noticed strange thing with SSG animation:

here's the timecode of that moment:
https://youtu.be/j6nJYLqx4dI?t=417
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Looks like he loaded up the mods in the wrong order. Zagemod needs to be loaded last in the list. Otherwise, you'll get weirdness like this.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Very interesting mod, as with all the rest of your modifications :) , but tell me if you added your own class Keys np. RedSkull 2 ​​instead of the standard RedSkull? because I noticed a contradiction by testing your modification on cheogsh 2 and if so, are you able to issue a patch returning standard keys?
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

erni945 wrote:Very interesting mod, as with all the rest of your modifications :) , but tell me if you added your own class Keys np. RedSkull 2 ​​instead of the standard RedSkull? because I noticed a contradiction by testing your modification on cheogsh 2 and if so, are you able to issue a patch returning standard keys?
Currently, the keys are replaced, but their pickup states actually give the original keys to your inventory. For example, SZ_RedSkull replaces RedSkull on maps, but when you pickup SZ_RedSkull, it also places the original RedSkull in the player's inventory. So there shouldn't be any issue with scripts checking for the original keys for this particular mod. I can't say the same for older mods (QuakeStyle, Doomzone, etc), where there is a custom LockDefs lump to make the keys work. Zagemod should be more universal when it comes to keys.

Should, being the operative word.
Ahpiox

Post by Ahpiox »

silentzora wrote:
erni945 wrote:Very interesting mod, as with all the rest of your modifications :) , but tell me if you added your own class Keys np. RedSkull 2 ​​instead of the standard RedSkull? because I noticed a contradiction by testing your modification on cheogsh 2 and if so, are you able to issue a patch returning standard keys?
Currently, the keys are replaced, but their pickup states actually give the original keys to your inventory. For example, SZ_RedSkull replaces RedSkull on maps, but when you pickup SZ_RedSkull, it also places the original RedSkull in the player's inventory. So there shouldn't be any issue with scripts checking for the original keys for this particular mod. I can't say the same for older mods (QuakeStyle, Doomzone, etc), where there is a custom LockDefs lump to make the keys work. Zagemod should be more universal when it comes to keys.

Thank you for doing this
erni945

Post by erni945 »

silentzora wrote: Currently, the keys are replaced, but their pickup states actually give the original keys to your inventory. For example, SZ_RedSkull replaces RedSkull on maps, but when you pickup SZ_RedSkull, it also places the original RedSkull in the player's inventory. So there shouldn't be any issue with scripts checking for the original keys for this particular mod. I can't say the same for older mods (QuakeStyle, Doomzone, etc), where there is a custom LockDefs lump to make the keys work. Zagemod should be more universal when it comes to keys.

Ok, I understand, thanks for the explanation :) .But I probably know why the correct keys did not work there, because in Cheogsh 2 np.RedSkull is replaced by something else but I do not remember the name, therefore you would be able to issue a patch repairing this problem on this mappack or possibly indicate to me in which file to find the script with the keys?
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

erni945 wrote:Ok, I understand, thanks for the explanation :) .But I probably know why the correct keys did not work there, because in Cheogsh 2 np.RedSkull is replaced by something else but I do not remember the name, therefore you would be able to issue a patch repairing this problem on this mappack or possibly indicate to me in which file to find the script with the keys?
You are correct, Cheogsh 2 replaces the red, yellow, and blue skulls with its own variants. I've attached a patch for this, it should fix the issue.

Essentially, this patch alters the Zagemod keys to give the Cheogsh 2 keys. Give it a shot, let me know if it works. Just remember to load the patch after Zagemod in the load order.
Attachments
zmpatch-Cheogsh2.wad
Skull key fix for Cheogsh 2
(1.25 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
erni945

Post by erni945 »

silentzora wrote:
erni945 wrote:Ok, I understand, thanks for the explanation :) .But I probably know why the correct keys did not work there, because in Cheogsh 2 np.RedSkull is replaced by something else but I do not remember the name, therefore you would be able to issue a patch repairing this problem on this mappack or possibly indicate to me in which file to find the script with the keys?
You are correct, Cheogsh 2 replaces the red, yellow, and blue skulls with its own variants. I've attached a patch for this, it should fix the issue.

Essentially, this patch alters the Zagemod keys to give the Cheogsh 2 keys. Give it a shot, let me know if it works. Just remember to load the patch after Zagemod in the load order.
Thanks for the patch :D , I will try to test it as soon as possible, trying to pass the entire campaign and let me know later about the effects :wink:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”