[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Stock-Doom

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4c, Slow yourself down

Post by Stock-Doom »

aaron03071991 wrote:Shame you dont plan to add anything.
1 thing, would make it really awesome, 1 liners like in brutal doom, but in different style...
Lets say we get shotgun upgrade and then our badass says: "See this? This is my boomstick!" In this style
https://youtu.be/6A4-SVUHQYI?t=280
After killing huge enemy like cyberdeamon, or maybe after group of smaller ones, "F you!" in this style
https://youtu.be/0dofacvjRkc?t=55

Badass awesomeness 11/10
I don't think Pillow did wanted to make a "Brutal-Doom" taunt system within this mod.
Apart from the exception, that certain mods are designed to function with these, taunts are kinda dumb and pointless.
They also screw-up the multiplayer, if BD was any indication in the past. It was dysfunctional or/and not functional at all.

Also, hearing "FUCK YOURSELF" and other juvenile "wanna-be-hardass" crap spammed in a deathmatch is tiring.

I don't want to look impolite or anything, it just triggers me a little when people put Brutal Doom features on a pedestal.
Stock-Doom

Post by Stock-Doom »

PillowBlaster wrote:
Stock-Doom wrote:Well, in my opinion, we should wait that Pillow fix those nasty bugs first, before doing anything.

The flare problem needs to be addressed, the FMG still have some animations to be fixed...

Also, he may have something new to introduce in a upcoming version soon.

For now on, I think he's busy with real-life stuff.
I am mostly busy concentrating on my other two mods now, given this one is I am mostly done with. Those weren't nasty bugs, mind you - fixed them pretty quick and they weren't really affecting gameplay. I don't feel like throwing out an update without testing things through, though. TB probably won't get anything in new content anymore, it's pretty jam-packed anyway and I have a problem with knowing when to stop.
aaron03071991 wrote:Also, Pillowblaster could think about something to make blueprints be less random. I mean, if i already have Riftbombs, but dont have Striploader, game can spawn Riftbombs again, which is useless for me, as i already have that. So or some kind of fancy script that will check what upgrades player have, and spawn only those player dont have yet, or maybe borrow idea of shop from Guncaster?
Making stuff spawn accordingly to player's inventory can end up a tad hard to do sensibly, especially with multiplayer involved. I added a junk bonus from dupes for that matter. If Zhs2 will have an idea about implementation, we'll see about it.

Shop was a huge pain in the ass in the long run, given how things were changing and it was not prepared for those changes. Then after throwing new shop in, with already established systems on everything that are, more often than not, not replaceable by any means... Not gonna do it again, at least not for any already existing project.
Talon1024 wrote:The flares have enormous dynamic lights attached to them. And, on very detailed maps, such lights will turn the game into a slideshow when they move around on such maps within detail-rich areas.

A possible solution could be to make the flares stationary, so that they don't move around, and won't cause massive performance hits on detailed maps.
I was wondering about that; I was pretty happy the size restriction was lifted so I could make them actually illuminate stuff, but I guess given the performance hit it causes, I'll tone it down.
john190 wrote:So yeah I plan on doing a tribute mod to Trailblazer.
Do you guys think that Pillowblaster is gonna be okay with that?
I usually am cool with things when people just ask me first and tell me what they're up to, yeah.
Nah that's fine, no needs to do more content. Apart of some few bugs, this mod is pretty much complete.
aaron03071991

Post by aaron03071991 »

Stock-Doom wrote:
1 thing, would make it really awesome, 1 liners like in brutal doom, but in different style...
Lets say we get shotgun upgrade and then our badass says: "See this? This is my boomstick!" In this style
After killing huge enemy like cyberdeamon, or maybe after group of smaller ones, "F you!" in this style

Badass awesomeness 11/10
I don't think Pillow did wanted to make a "Brutal-Doom" taunt system within this mod.
Apart from the exception, that certain mods are designed to function with these, taunts are kinda dumb and pointless.
They also screw-up the multiplayer, if BD was any indication in the past. It was dysfunctional or/and not functional at all.

Also, hearing "FUCK YOURSELF" and other juvenile "wanna-be-hardass" crap spammed in a deathmatch is tiring.

I don't want to look impolite or anything, it just triggers me a little when people put Brutal Doom features on a pedestal.
No one said about making it bindable under key and spamming it, i wrote it straight, game would auto "taunt" sometimes with 80s bombastic 1 liners like those i link to youtube vids. Hearing "f yourself!" with that high pitch voice doesnt match badass awesomeness with which we are dealing here.
Thats exactly my point, 1 liners from 80s badass movies match our 80s badass hero.

As for MP, like i mention, its auto "taunt" when lets say we pick up shotgun for the 1st time, or upgrade it, not bind under key so we can hear that all the time, it will get old and boring.

I didnt put BD on pedestal, ba, i dont like it too much, its overloaded with content, not quite knowing where it wants to go. I mention it as a reference.
TB on the other hand knows it shit, and gets it together. Its 80s badass guy who can get shit done, even on highest difficulty in game, he is just like combining Terminator with Rambo and others who shoot 1st, then ask questions.
Talon1024

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Talon1024 »

Here's a new version of my fix pack, which fixes the FMG bugs mentioned by Stock-Doom, as well as attempts to prevent flares from moving if the player has the flare performance fix turned on.

Code: Select all

Fix pack for Trailblazer 1.4c

Changes:
- Fixed MeshArmorSpawner inheritance
  It inherited from BodyArmor instead of RandomSpawner so it ended up becoming
  another armor class instead of being replaced by a blue armor, hence you
  couldn't see how much armor you had on your HUD.
- Fixed Skullthrottle and Nutcracker ammo counters in Hexen
  Ammo count for ammo type 1 was displayed for all other IWADS except Hexen.
- Fixed upgraded colts ammo counters being displayed
  Upgraded colts have infinite ammo, thus there is no need to display the ammo
  counters.
- Added Spikebomb ammo counter to Hexen HUD
- Fixed Hexen Browning (Skullthrottle upgrade) being unable to fire without
  ThrottleAmmo in the player's inventory
- Allowed players to receive full damage from their own explosive weapons, if
  said explosives were reflected back at them.
- Added a console variable and a menu option (Available in "Blaze-it stuff"
  option menu) to allow players to set the self-damage behaviour.
- Fixed Heretic inventory bar appearance (selectbo in wrong position)
  This is done with a check for HereticCounter in the player's inventory in
  SBARINFO.
- Fixed DM dual weapon spawners giving single weapons after player respawns.
  This uses the TBMPWeaponGiver (ZScript), and makes Fleshrend_Dual and 
  Leadspitter_Dual inherit from it to ensure players always get dualies in DM.
- Fixed zoomed FMG + HMG (without scope) tracer position
- Fixed visual bugs that occur when deselecting zoomed FMG + HMG + Scope
- Fixed visual bugs that occur when reloading zoomed FMG + HMG + Scope
- Attempted to make flares static when the user has static flares turned on in
  the "Blaze-it stuff" menu. Unfortunately, I wasn't very successful.
See diff.html for more details.
Stock-Doom

Post by Stock-Doom »

aaron03071991 wrote:
Stock-Doom wrote:

Badass awesomeness 11/10

No one said about making it bindable under key and spamming it, i wrote it straight, game would auto "taunt" sometimes with 80s bombastic 1 liners like those i link to youtube vids. Hearing "f yourself!" with that high pitch voice doesnt match badass awesomeness with which we are dealing here.
Thats exactly my point, 1 liners from 80s badass movies match our 80s badass hero.

As for MP, like i mention, its auto "taunt" when lets say we pick up shotgun for the 1st time, or upgrade it, not bind under key so we can hear that all the time, it will get old and boring.

I didnt put BD on pedestal, ba, i dont like it too much, its overloaded with content, not quite knowing where it wants to go. I mention it as a reference.
TB on the other hand knows it shit, and gets it together. Its 80s badass guy who can get shit done, even on highest difficulty in game, he is just like combining Terminator with Rambo and others who shoot 1st, then ask questions.
I hear ya. Sorry if I sounded douchy there.

Well, if taunts were to be made, it still have to match the grunts and humpfs of Malcolm, otherwise it's gonna be jarring.

80's one-liners would be the tits, thought.
Henry8896

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer

Post by Henry8896 »

TheMightyHeracross wrote:Holy piss I almost forgot this existed. Excellent work, totally worth the wait. Wait's wrong with using it in ZDoom? Works for me.

Also, non Shadow Warrior Uzis yay!

EDIT: I can't see the ammo pool for the double revolvers.
script error, "trailblazer_v1.4c.pk3:decorate/puffs.txt" line 313: invalid state parameter {

did you even test the mods you make?
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Henry8896 wrote:
TheMightyHeracross wrote:Holy piss I almost forgot this existed. Excellent work, totally worth the wait. Wait's wrong with using it in ZDoom? Works for me.

script error, "trailblazer_v1.4c.pk3:decorate/puffs.txt" line 313: invalid state parameter {

What GZDoom version?

Also, isn't that a bit of a rude way to ask that question?
Korell

Post by Korell »

Henry8896 wrote:

Well, I've just booted it up in 3.7.2 and I get no script errors, though the issue with not seeing the dual revolver ammo pool is still present. They seem to have infinite ammo.

Anyway, opening up the file in SLADE we have that line 313 is (313 is the top line of the following):

TNT1 A 10 NoDelay {
			A_SpawnItemEx("MachetePuff_SparkRight", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, SXF_CLIENTSIDE, 0);
			A_SpawnItemEx("MachetePuff_Flash", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, SXF_CLIENTSIDE, 0);
			A_QuakeEx(1,1,1,10,0,164,"none",QF_SCALEDOWN);
		}
And this is actor MacheteImpactRight, but it's the same structure as that of MacheteImpactLeft. So I'm not seeing the issue here. Maybe someone can shed some light on this?

Note that the code was written some time before the current GZDoom versions, so it isn't a matter of testing as it likely worked fine at the time and then some change within GZDoom caused it to break (as GZDoom has been getting stricter and not letting certain errors through any longer). 1.4c was released April 16th 2018. Since then we've had 8 stable releases of GZDoom (3.4.0, 3.4.1, 3.5.0, 3.5.1, 3.6.0, 3.7.0, 3.7.1, 3.7.2).
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Korell wrote:though the issue with not seeing the dual revolver ammo pool is still present. They seem to have infinite ammo.
I seem to recall the dual revolvers have infinite ammo by design, only needing to reload.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

wildweasel wrote:
Korell wrote:though the issue with not seeing the dual revolver ammo pool is still present. They seem to have infinite ammo.
I seem to recall the dual revolvers have infinite ammo by design, only needing to reload.
This is correct. They should display how many rounds are in the cylinder, and after you buy the normal upgrade they no longer need to reload (and stay at 6/6.)
Korell

Post by Korell »

So there is no issue with the dual revolvers then. :)
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

What'd be the use of a release if it didn't work the moment I got it out? If that'd be the case, people would be flooding the thread already. Stuff can break over time, but so far I checked, it works with 3.7.2 just fine on my side, too.

The revolver has infinite ammo by design, yeah. I didn't bother removing the ammo counters when you get them upgraded, if that's the point of confusion.
LOLANONIMUS

Post by LOLANONIMUS »

Hello can you make the mod work with Android?
JudgeGroovy

Post by JudgeGroovy »

Big fan of this mod! Been a while, been getting back into the ol' Doom scene.
Talon1024 wrote:Here's a new version of my fix pack, which fixes the FMG bugs mentioned by Stock-Doom, as well as attempts to prevent flares from moving if the player has the flare performance fix turned on.

Fix pack for Trailblazer 1.4c

Changes:
- Fixed MeshArmorSpawner inheritance
  It inherited from BodyArmor instead of RandomSpawner so it ended up becoming
  another armor class instead of being replaced by a blue armor, hence you
  couldn't see how much armor you had on your HUD.
- Fixed Skullthrottle and Nutcracker ammo counters in Hexen
  Ammo count for ammo type 1 was displayed for all other IWADS except Hexen.
- Fixed upgraded colts ammo counters being displayed
  Upgraded colts have infinite ammo, thus there is no need to display the ammo
  counters.
- Added Spikebomb ammo counter to Hexen HUD
- Fixed Hexen Browning (Skullthrottle upgrade) being unable to fire without
  ThrottleAmmo in the player's inventory
- Allowed players to receive full damage from their own explosive weapons, if
  said explosives were reflected back at them.
- Added a console variable and a menu option (Available in "Blaze-it stuff"
  option menu) to allow players to set the self-damage behaviour.
- Fixed Heretic inventory bar appearance (selectbo in wrong position)
  This is done with a check for HereticCounter in the player's inventory in
  SBARINFO.
- Fixed DM dual weapon spawners giving single weapons after player respawns.
  This uses the TBMPWeaponGiver (ZScript), and makes Fleshrend_Dual and 
  Leadspitter_Dual inherit from it to ensure players always get dualies in DM.
- Fixed zoomed FMG + HMG (without scope) tracer position
- Fixed visual bugs that occur when deselecting zoomed FMG + HMG + Scope
- Fixed visual bugs that occur when reloading zoomed FMG + HMG + Scope
- Attempted to make flares static when the user has static flares turned on in
  the "Blaze-it stuff" menu. Unfortunately, I wasn't very successful.
See diff.html for more details.
I've looked at the readme's, and I'm not sure how this works. Looking at it I assume I want to merge it with the contents of the Trailblazer 1.4c pk3. I think that might be done in Slade? I don't have that yet, haven't had to patch stuff much over the years in this way. Would you be averse to a patched version for 1.4c being posted here in full, pillowblaster?
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

Assuming PillowBlaster's ok with it, we'd really appreciate it if you could post the link as mentioned in the post above:)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”