savegame management

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
akidd

savegame management

Post by akidd »

I have a buzzilion maps/wads/mods. It don't know of any effort to manage savegames beyond the original Doom implementation.

How about Zdoom adding a per-wad save system? Maybe using multiple mods make this difficult - perhaps a "per session" save? I currently have 97 save files and they are for many many different wads.
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: savegame management

Post by ramon.dexter »

And what about just naming your savegames correctly? Dont just leave the stock save name, but change it according to wads, or somwthing like that. It wont solve ypur problem with the saves right now, but it can help you in the future.

Im just used to have control over things, rather than hitting enter without even knowing what Im doing.
akidd

Post by akidd »

well I don't do that.. and I do try to remember to add something to the savegame name. But as I said, I have 100s of maps/mods. I have 97 save files currently. I don't always play maps/mods sequentially. So I don't think it is "saving them correctly". Why not simply have Zdoom do it - or at least the option for those of us who don't care about controlling minutiae and just want to play.
RicardoLuis0

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by RicardoLuis0 »

I use ZDL with the -savedir command line parameter, using a different directory for each profile.

Return to “General”