GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Gez

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Post by Gez »

There are no engines that support what the lightmap thread is about. No standard for what format would be used to write them. It's completely pointless. You could as well say "feature suggestion: navmeshing" and yeah sure it'd be cool except that nothing exists that could use it.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I thought GZDoom is capable of lightmaps?
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

There's an experimental branch that can do it, but it has several of outstanding issues. Those would have to be resolved first.
IvanDobrovski

Post by IvanDobrovski »

Found a small bug regarding 3D Mode: If you use a patch on a wall that also has a flat of same name in UDMF format instead of applying the patch it applies the flat on the wall. It works properly in game though. Notably can be found when used with OTEX made by ukiro. Sample texture to see the problem: OBKMTD01
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

IvanDobrovski wrote:Found a small bug regarding 3D Mode: If you use a patch on a wall that also has a flat of same name in UDMF format instead of applying the patch it applies the flat on the wall. It works properly in game though. Notably can be found when used with OTEX made by ukiro. Sample texture to see the problem: OBKMTD01
You should provide an example pwad of the problem
instead of having us hunt for the resource!

Anyways, this has been reported before.
See the issue with STEP1
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Recently, when I've been trying to save a map, I sometimes get this:

Code: Select all

***********SYSTEM INFO***********
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
GZDB: R3041
Platform: x86

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
Visual Styles-related operation resulted in an error because visual styles are currently disabled in the client area.
   at System.Windows.Forms.VisualStyles.VisualStyleRenderer.IsCombinationDefined(String className, Int32 part)
   at System.Windows.Forms.VisualStyles.VisualStyleRenderer..ctor(String className, Int32 part, Int32 state)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Controls.DockersTabsControl.DrawTab(Graphics graphics, Int32 index) in w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Controls\DockersTabsControl.cs:line 112
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Controls.DockersTabsControl.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e) in w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Controls\DockersTabsControl.cs:line 182
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Any ideas?

If I press "continue" everything seems to work.
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

It's also crashing for me, it doesn't tell me how, not because of saving, but it seems to happen in the visual mode, when I'm making the map. No bug reports are printed or anything, it just shuts down completely.
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

Well, looks like I have problems loading the map in the latest build of the editor, R3045-x86. Could be possible that rotating the grid and resetting it before saving fuck things up?
In any case, I had to revert it back to R3041.
Remmirath
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Remmirath »

leodoom85 wrote:Well, looks like I have problems loading the map in the latest build of the editor, R3045-x86. Could be possible that rotating the grid and resetting it before saving fuck things up?
In any case, I had to revert it back to R3041.
I've traced down the problem to the .dbs files, more specifically to these 3 lines:

The affected parameters are the brand new "gridrotate", "gridoriginx" and "gridoriginy". If I delete them from the .dbs files, I am able to open the map again. Seems like the editor manages to save these parameters, but can't parse them correctly upon map load.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Create new map
2) Draw a non orthogonal sector
3) Rotate grid according to linedef angle
4) Save map
5) Close map, and reopen
6) Editor freezes
DavidN

Post by DavidN »

I just wanted to add a note saying nicely done with the grid rotation feature! It was something I never realized I needed, but it makes non-orthogonal rooms so much easier. Hopefully the save bugs are easy to hammer out.
Volte

Post by Volte »

Hey guys, author of the grid rotation feature here. I can seemingly confirm that it freezes if you save and reopen a map with grid settings applied. I generally set the grid rotation, draw the geometry, and then reset, so I never hit that myself. I'll take a look and make a PR as soon as I can.
Volte

Post by Volte »

I submitted a pull request to hopefully fix this issue. It seems that the first time the grid is rendered after a map load, the grid size values aren't initialized properly and you end up with size = infinity, and it caused the rotated grid drawing algorithm to go into an infinite loop. The normal grid algorithm doesn't have that problem.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Volte wrote:I submitted a pull request to hopefully fix this issue. It seems that the first time the grid is rendered after a map load, the grid size values aren't initialized properly and you end up with size = infinity, and it caused the rotated grid drawing algorithm to go into an infinite loop. The normal grid algorithm doesn't have that problem.
Thanks for this really cool feature. Could you add some buttons to access the new grid features? I'm having a hard time remembering too many keyboard shortcut binds.
Volte

Post by Volte »

No problem. I'd be happy to make it a bit more user friendly when I get some time, possibly this evening. (In the meantime, I use the following binds: Keypad-plus to align, Keypad-period to set origin, keypad-slash to reset)
Remmirath
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Remmirath »

Thank you for the fix. Also thank you for this awesome feature. You might've opened a new frontier of mapping: if this feature skyrockets, the amount of non orthogonal mapping might grow exponentially in the future! :)

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”