Hexen Crash To Desktop with Access Violation.

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
HereticalDoomer

Hexen Crash To Desktop with Access Violation.

Post by HereticalDoomer »

I recently fired up Hexen after upgrading to GZDoom 3.7.1 x 64 (modern) and have been unable to complete the first level due to an Access Violation error. I tried reinstalling GZDoom 3.7.1, and also removing and rolling back to GZDoom 3.7.0, and still experience the issue. After going back to GZDoom 3.6.0, Hexen plays correctly and does not give me an Access Violation error.

Also, I have noticed that in GZDoom 3.7.0 and 3.7.1, supercharged weapons in Heretic do not scroll correctly with the mouse wheel. The weapons scroll fine when they are not supercharged. This issue is not present in GZDoom 3.6.0

I have attached the crash to desktop error logs for the Hexen access violation error.
Attachments
CrashReport.zip
(151.65 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
Blue Shadow

Re: Hexen Crash To Desktop with Access Violation.

Post by Blue Shadow »

HereticalDoomer wrote:Also, I have noticed that in GZDoom 3.7.0 and 3.7.1, supercharged weapons in Heretic do not scroll correctly with the mouse wheel. The weapons scroll fine when they are not supercharged. This issue is not present in GZDoom 3.6.0
This got fixed yesterday.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

Also, reporting two unrelated bugs in one topic is a pretty bad practice. Usually this ends in something being forgotten.
HereticalDoomer

My apologies. In the future I will separate different issues into different posts.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Is this crash dependent on any particular action or does it occur randomly?
HereticalDoomer

Graf Zahl wrote:Is this crash dependent on any particular action or does it occur randomly?
I consistently get the crash when I have the renderer set to software and I am heading back to enter the teleporter in the center of the church in the beginning of the level. I am not doing anything special in the level, just attempting to complete it and move on further in the game.
HereticalDoomer

If it helps any, here is a crash report from GZDoom 3.7.2 with the same Hexen access violation/crash to desktop.
Attachments
CrashReport.zip
(108.43 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Graf Zahl wrote:Is this crash dependent on any particular action or does it occur randomly?
For me, the crash happens only with the software renderer and always at the same spot.

Attachments
CrashReport.zip
(111.94 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Kappes Buur wrote: For me, the crash happens only with the software renderer

No wonder I had no success reproducing it. Stuff like this must be mentioned in a report!
HereticalDoomer

HereticalDoomer wrote:
I consistently get the crash when I have the renderer set to software and I am heading back to enter the teleporter in the center of the church in the beginning of the level. I am not doing anything special in the level, just attempting to complete it and move on further in the game.
Graf Zahl wrote:
Kappes Buur wrote: For me, the crash happens only with the software renderer

No wonder I had no success reproducing it. Stuff like this must be mentioned in a report!
I did state I was using the software renderer.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”