Commando Doom [Last Update] Last Page

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Commando Doom [Release 1] Last Page

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Duke, who did the ACS of the pitch changing when the player falls on the floor?

Can i use it? Who should i credit?
DukeWooze

Post by DukeWooze »

I made it. And yes! You can use it! It may need some improving though. I had made another script for a smoother recoil but it needs work.

And to elCreyo. Man I really appreciate that comment dude. Makes me think I did something right.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Little titchy nitpick: It's particle, not partical.
DukeWooze

Post by DukeWooze »

Crap yeah I need to go back and fix things like that. When I name things I just go with it and worry about spelling and what not later.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Oh yeah, little whiny baby complaint, but the LMG firing sound doesn't feel as 'manly' in the player's hand as when the Commando's are shooting.

Also, just wondering if future releases will have fire and energy death states for the bigger demons?
elfor

Post by elfor »

DukeWooze: Do you happen to still have the Doom Commando Revolver Test version, i mean this one:

If yes, could you please re-upload it somewhere & do you remember which map is shown in the video? Thanks!
DukeWooze

Post by DukeWooze »

Sadly I don't have that version anymore I do have the sprites though but I would have to reanimate that again. As for the map. I made that map for Joy of Mapping 5 in the third episode. Maybe one day I'll revisit these revolvers again with another idea. I've been wanting to make another mod but I can't get any good ideas rolling yet.

I'm sorry to disappoint you though. I should have saved those revolvers in a separate wad. And they took a long time to animate too.
elfor

Post by elfor »

I have a "DW-Doom Commando.wad" from 2013 which has the single revolver, no dual wielding.
DukeWooze

Post by DukeWooze »

Remember when I said I wasn't going to update the mod?

....I lied.

So in preparation for a new mod I'm going to make I wanted to update Doom Commando one last time since there was some things that needed to be fixed and updated. There are a lot of changes and I experimented with the firing animations on some of the guns. See if you can tell the difference!

So for a list of changes.

1. The positioning of the pistols and macs have been changed. I shrunk them and space them out a bit so you can see more of your screen. This was applied to both single and duel versions of the weapons.
2. The pistols no longer autofire but you can shoot them nearly as fast ans you can click. And uped their damage a tincy bit.
3. The sawed off is improved a lot you guys should like it a lot more now. It auto reloads and I tweaked the spread a little bit.
4. I buffed the machine gun a tincy bit in damage.
5. The anti take rifle should be more fun to use now. If you run completely out of ammo a stripper clip is used to reload it instead of one bullet at a time. But if it's partially loaded then you will have to load one bullet at a time.
6. The particle cannon now has an overheated animation now. Should look cooler.
7. The remote bombs have more capacity and they should appear more often but I did nerf their damage a tiny bit.
8. Fire animations improved on some weapons. Tell me what you think.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/c8umusscq ... +Redux.wad

Hope you enjoy!
Neccronixis

Re: Commando Doom [Last Update] Last Page

Post by Neccronixis »

Love it. The weapons are so fun to use - especially the shotgun now. The only thing I can suggest (which I've done myself) is to make the firing sound for the dual Macs by layering the existing firing sound in audacity to make it sound like there are two guns firing.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Only nitpick I have is that the dual pistols' and uzis' clips are seperate from the single ones. As in, you can shoot the dual variants empty and still switch to the single one without having to reload. This makes the player essentially have 3 instances of each :P

Apart from that, awesome job!
DukeWooze

Post by DukeWooze »

Yeah I couldn't figure out how to fix that. I guess I could have used the same ammo item but I would have had to redone the checks but then I think that would have made more awkwardness. Man It sucks sometimes you have to make a compromise. But there might be a way to fix it I just don't know yet. As for the sound I tried layering in audacity but it still sounded off to me. I'm probably doing something wrong. Thanks for the feedback guys!
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

If you don't mind to update Commando Doom one more time, it lacks an inventory item bar when played with maps that makes use of these.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Also, the bug i mentioned some time ago persists:
- Also, i believe the left mac-10 idle sprite is wrong. It displays the hatch open during idle and closed when shooting.
DukeWooze

Post by DukeWooze »

Alright guys I'll look into those bugs when I get a chance. Thanks for letting me know.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”