WolfensteinSS your DOOM / Hexen / Chex Quest

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Voltcom9

WolfensteinSS your DOOM / Hexen / Chex Quest

Post by Voltcom9 »

for ZDoom and it's varied offspring

Anyone else really like the hidden easter egg Wolfenstein characters from DOOM2? I do, and I invested 40 minutes to bring these guys out from that dusty old castle and into the forefront of your Doom bestiary!!! Prepare yourself for:

*******************FEATURES*******************
- RED WolfensteinSS !
- BROWN WolfensteinSS!
- GREEN WolfensteinSS!
- BLUE WolfensteinSS!
- MBF dogs!
- not BOOM compatible (this was supposed to be a joke...)

Notes:
- These guys don't have time to infight when they are hellbent on hunting you down!
- I also nerfed lost souls health because it had to be done for the good of their kind.

CREDITS: ID software for the WolfensteinSS sprites and sfx

[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/8epsT3s[/imgur]

Replaces a couple guys with WolfensteinSS variants (Compatible with Doom, Hexen & Chex Quest)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0gska80y3c8bs ... 2.wad?dl=0
Last edited by Voltcom9 on Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:26 pm, edited 9 times in total.
TDRR
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro/Win 8.1
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: WolfensteinSS your DOOM

Post by TDRR »

Does anyone care enough for a Boom (or even vanilla) compatible version of this? It's relatively easy to do.
Voltcom9

Post by Voltcom9 »

^ Lol, I guess you didn't get the joke. Not being Boom compatible was listed under features... so the joke is that it's not really a feature. Meh maybe it was a bad joke.

Just to clarify, this is intended as a joke wad in case anyone didn't get that from the picture, title or text description. Enjoy.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

I demand more variants of the WolfSS monsters - wolfenstein guards, officers, etc. tossed into the mix with their own unique quirks, that be.
Voltcom9

Post by Voltcom9 »

Alright EddieMann, challenge accepted.
Negostrike
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Negostrike »

EddieMann wrote:I demand more variants of the WolfSS monsters - wolfenstein guards, officers, etc. tossed into the mix with their own unique quirks, that be.
Already done
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=52102
Voltcom9

Post by Voltcom9 »

Well this concludes further progress on this.
This mod is a joke and certainly not as full fledged as WW-Nazis or Bratwurst. It's intended as a simple cosmetic change with slight game changes and not an entire game overhaul.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Voltcom9 wrote:Well this concludes further progress on this.
This mod is a joke and certainly not as full fledged as WW-Nazis or Bratwurst. It's intended as a simple cosmetic change with slight game changes and not an entire game overhaul.
Well, it doesn't need to be, but maybe the nazis from OMGWeapons could make a reappearance here? Or, could've.
Voltcom9

Post by Voltcom9 »

EddieMann wrote:Well, it doesn't need to be, but maybe the nazis from OMGWeapons could make a reappearance here? Or, could've.

You inspired me to add a bit more to this thingy. So I added a couple new opponents to the mix. The stock guard and officer from the original Wolfenstein game. Plus 2 modified variants (spritework was originally created by Laz Rojas for Astrostein) (and the death animation from for the Astrostein death were by Sgt.Shivers.) The flame SS was originally included in OMGWeapons and Credit goes to Deathzor for the code.

edit: Upon re-evaluation of this, the original intent of this was to maintain strict minimalism utilizing the stock sprites in game. That being said I've decided to take down the link to version 2.
Last edited by Voltcom9 on Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Oh, did you do the headshot script thing?
Voltcom9

Post by Voltcom9 »

Nah, just added some crazy quirks to some of the existing guys.

It's just did the run of mill random spawn mod that replaces the zombies(pistol,shotgun,chaingun), the imp and the spectre. I'm trying not to change too much as to make it playable with weapon mods and other mods as much as possible.
Voltcom9

Post by Voltcom9 »

Just for kicks I decided to modify this so it was playable in both Doom and Hexen. The results were stupid, unbalanced and amusing.
I know, this is really dumb... enjoy.

This does nothing particularly innovative or great but it does add 3 nifty WolfSS variants to Hexen now.

[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/5rSjju4[/imgur]

[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/CgFHJGz[/imgur]

The download link is posted in the Original Post.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”