The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by phantombeta »

I'm coding the firmware for my Raspberry Pi handheld console thing's controls. USB HID descriptors are fucking painful, and the only tool I could find to generate them is broken as fuck. Stupid communication protocols!
:bang:
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

I'm relearning mapping with Trenchbroom in anticipation for its preliminary (no curves) Q3 support coming soon. This is important because I've been meaning to ditch that old Quark burden of a pipeline that I can barely use in the past 22 years so I might finally put out some OK maps (if not decent) after all these years. The Radiant gatekeeping must be broken

Not going to shoot for that crazy newquakemapsmadeinTB-level of brushwork though!!! I'm still thinking about these dusty metal things and that crappy plastic thing similar to the one mentioned just above me! Fun with the clipping tool and convex merges has me optimistic about better low-spec mapping than before for a low enough r_speeds and much frugal memory usage...
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

Waiting for this supposed Snowmageddon to bury me in imaginary snow...
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

Re-imagined generic laser weapon based on a gun carried by Quake1 player

More Images:
(Hand is still wip, I took it from my other project)
Spoiler:

Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Looks cool. However, with the laser bolt being red/orange, would the pulsing effect on the weapon be better in a colour more sympathetic to that of the bolt?
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

Yes, it can be changed, I've tested with several color variations.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

All I can see are Blood's napalm launcher in that first person shot...
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

MMMMMMMM THAT'S JUST GLORIOUS! I really do hope i can see more of Quake 1 Weapon sprites, refined, remade! Nah, not the Deathmatch one. I mean the new stuff, new tribute for the Original Game itself.

Very nice work, and i'll look forward to it!
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Spent hours backing up my files.

The last couple of times I tried to switch on my computer, it failed (i.e. couldn't boot) because it couldn't find the SSD. I went into the bios settins and the SSD was missing in the boot list. After a few retries, it appeared.

It's working right now but I think something may be getting ready to fail on a more permanent basis. At the moment, nothing seems to be flagging up. I've tried a few health checks (including chkdsk) and there are no problems detected. I don't even know if the problem is with the SSD itself, or the computer's ability to see it (e.g. motherboard problem of some sort).

:?
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Maybe you should try new cables.

In case that sounds silly: I lost 3 hard drives the same way, before I traced the problem to the shitty cheap SATA3 cable I was using. Once I got rid of that, I haven't had another problem. (Unfortunately it caused permanent damage to the drives, and so far I haven't been able to recover anything from them.)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Not a bad shout actually. I can give that a go, thanks. I'll have to get some replacement cables first, but it's a nice cheap thing to try.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I know this is not the "complain about your life" thread, but still, some close people were asking me what i have been doing and this is kinda like the answer.

My job is getting more stressful. The old manager left for unknown reasons and now i am in charge of many services she had. Not only that, all the other veterans were fired and there are new people here i must guide because i am the last one who knows how to get the job done right.

My wage is still the same, though.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Jesus... I'm sorry to hear that. She be irresponsible to left her company and others like this. And i know this replacement is critically responsible, but i do hope you could guide them well and do great in the future.

And speaking of Job, i finally got myself a job as Convenience Store Clerk. Using the Cash Register is very first to me, and the Manager told me to come back later for the replacement and wait for her message... But i doubt she's going to accept me because the others' answer were ALL THE SAME.

But hey, she WILL put me in charge, since i've heard that even disabled people gets clerk job. They can get a job and so do i. But i'm still waiting, to expect a Miracle. I definitely need to be get paid for a Better Computer. After few years of Failure, i need to get this job, like now.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

GAA1992 wrote:I know this is not the "complain about your life" thread, but still, some close people were asking me what i have been doing and this is kinda like the answer.

My job is getting more stressful. The old manager left for unknown reasons and now i am in charge of many services she had. Not only that, all the other veterans were fired and there are new people here i must guide because i am the last one who knows how to get the job done right.

Damn, sorry to hear that. but at least your wage is still the same, hope it gets higher.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

GAA1992 wrote:I know this is not the "complain about your life" thread, but still, some close people were asking me what i have been doing and this is kinda like the answer.

This usually happens when a company tries to save money... refused to give raises to veteran workers, but hires new people with lower rates..

i see it in the steel mill all the time.

Return to “Off-Topic”