Angst - Rahz's Weapon & Monsters Wad

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ImpieTwo

Angst - Rahz's Weapon & Monsters Wad

Post by ImpieTwo »

Outdated video is outdated.

This has been sitting on my comp for long enough, so here's a release. Changes weapons, monsters, and music in Ultimate Doom and Doom II into a tough, borderline bonkers trip across the cosmos, where you battle irritable dinosaur people for the future of the human race. You are Werner Muller, and you're filled with ANGST.

DOWNLOAD IT!

Last edited by ImpieTwo on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gideon020

Re: Angst - Rahz's Weapon & Monsters Wad

Post by Gideon020 »

Thank you for the release.
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

So I just gave this a quick run on Kinsie's test map, and noticed the BFG is still just the BFG. The sky texture seems to be pretty misaligned too. Also, on a much more minor note, the hands for the kick weapon don't match the hands for the angle grinder, but as I said, that one is super minor and subjective. I'll tell you anything else I find after I play it more thoroughly!
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Whoah wrote:So I just gave this a quick run on Kinsie's test map, and noticed the BFG is still just the BFG.
I must've flubbed something in the weapon inventory code. I'll check it in a second...

EDIT: Yup, I'm a dumbass. I wrote the wrong name for the BFG replacement, so it doesn't register it. Should work fine now.

I don't understand the sky issue though. It looks fine on my end.
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Thanks for the quick reply! Damn, I would post a screenshot but I haven't the slightest idea how. It could be because I'm playing this on Delta Touch or using GZdoom 3.6.0. Eh, either way, kickass mod!
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Whoah wrote:Thanks for the quick reply! Damn, I would post a screenshot but I haven't the slightest idea how. It could be because I'm playing this on Delta Touch or using GZdoom 3.6.0. Eh, either way, kickass mod!
IF it's Gzdoom, you should be able to just hit the "print screen" key and it'll create an image file in the gzdoom directory.
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Yeah, I can take one, I'm just not sure how to post one on here
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Whoah wrote:Yeah, I can take one, I'm just not sure how to post one on here
Sadly you have to use Imgur or nothing. I dunno why.

Or I guess post it as an attachment.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I've downloaded this but haven't played yet. Thanks for another of your games, man.
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Thanks GAA!

Just updated it to make Werner's hands consistent.

EDIT: and a couple other things I'd been meaning to fix and kept forgetting, like the voice for the roboglers and the unused furniture.

EDIT2: Goddamn, how do I keep making these mistakes? The Black Hole gun is now finally actually IN the game and collectible, now that I finally realized what I was doing wrong. Removed the problematic sky too.
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

Got to see this released as something, even without the custom levels. At least someone else can try. Anyways, the zombieman replacement doesn't seem to spawn at all, always getting replaced with shotgunguy replacements. Speaking of which, the shotgunners and Gorillas (SS replacements) drop four shells in graphic, but when picked up, it's two shell in actuality, along with the pickup message being wrong. Lastly, where's the cool message for BHL (Black Hole Generator)?
It would be best to use this code from Beyond Reality, as for the graphic, just remove two shells from the original sprite.:
Spoiler:
Nailz the Ravager
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Nailz the Ravager »

Splendid thing. I'm lovin' it!
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

QuakedoomNukem Cz wrote:Anyways, the zombieman replacement doesn't seem to spawn at all, always getting replaced with shotgunguy replacements.
It depends on the difficulty setting. You start with a shotgun, so the early enemies always dropping bullets would make things tough, so they only appear on the harder settings to make you conserve ammo in the beginning. Found that out the hard way when it was originally the reverse (that and the little bastard robots chip away your health at an alarming rate), so I swapped it.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

The chaingun could use a rippin' high ROF. Followin' that, the scatterguns definitely need some more "pow" to them, or at least the firing sound and animation.

Code: Select all

DGUN B 2 Bright A_FireBullets(2,1,2,5,"BulletPuff")
Might look right.
Also, modded the buddy gun sprite to match the gun sprite!

Also, the robots dropping clips when you have only a shotgun might prove troublesome in certain maps.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Any update?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”