Rebel Rumble V.1.8: Honey i forgot to Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Rebel Rumble V.1.5: Fine to be Radically Retro

Post by Captain J »

Little Update! Thanks for Tesculpture's suggestions, i have updated both versions and the changes are as follows;

- Say hello to Ammo Bowx! Spawns along with Present Item, fills up the Ammunition of your current weapon and Stamina!

- The Percentage of Enemies dropping weapons has been slightly increased.

- Resisto's thrown current weapon now explodes and deals more damage. Cuz' He's that Strong!

Once again, thanks so much for playing my mod. Re-Download them at the First Page and please have fun!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

A little bit of fix! Powered-up Double Crusher's Hitscan Attack could kill the Civilians, although i did not intended to make this more lethal... Heh.

Anyway i just updated this mod and my, it's been a while. Please Re-Download again at the First Page, and the Multiplayer Version is at the very below of the post!
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Rock and Roll!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Well!! I really, honestly, and Super-Totally waited for him to review this mod! There will be no updates but bugfixes, however. But if anyone wants to make own mappack or multiplayer playthrough video, please be my guest!

Thanks for playing my mod still. I feel so lucky-
SwiftFunk
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by SwiftFunk »

Every time I throw a weapon away (either just because or out of ammo), this happens and I'm kicked out of the map to the console:

Code: Select all

VM execution aborted:  Weapon.A_Lower called without valid caller. Weapon expected
Called from PSprite.Tick at gzdoom.pk3:zscript/shared/player.txt, line 2264
Called from PlayerPawn.TickPSprites at gzdoom.pk3:zscript/shared/player.txt, line 429
Called from PlayerPawn.PlayerThink at gzdoom.pk3:zscript/shared/player.txt, line 1449
Called from state Necochet.19
Called from PSprite.SetState [Native]
Mod Version: 1.5
GZDoom Version: 3.7.1 Modern (Linux .deb 64bit)
HP Notebook 15
Intel Integrated Graphics
IWAD is doom_complete.pk3, KDITD (knee deep in the dead)
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

I let CaptainJ know how to fix it. With any luck they'll have it fixed quickly.
SwiftFunk
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by SwiftFunk »

Thanks. This is a very good mod that ive had lots of fun playing. Its actually quite hard playing on UV with the second character.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Thanks so much for finding this bug out! I think some mod has the same problem as this one. Anyway just fixed and please check out the download link at the First Page.
DoomGuy_100

Post by DoomGuy_100 »

In Total Carnage, if you activate a bomb, you became invicible for 1 second. This will help when you're being cornered by bunch of bullets. They should add that feature especially on "Total Carnage" difficulty.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Sometimes it's not, especially in some Arena sections of the gane. Trust me, i played the game often and sometimes the forcefield after planting a bomb wouldn't work. And besides, if i add another invincibility powerup of it, it'll automatically disable the actual invincibility and would bork the player with ease. And that's why, my friend, Power Melee Attack Exists.

It's one of the technical problem i'm having right now. If anyone got a good suggestion or better solution, please let me know!
DoomGuy_100

Post by DoomGuy_100 »

Have you played Midway lightgun games before? They should add line from both Revolution X and Terminator 2 arcade. Both were quarter munchers. It'll be nice if CDs will be used as a thrown object.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Sorry, but i only prefer the game with playable characters, visible. But i like the idea, though. If someone's eager to make such addon or maybe an independant mod, be my guest!
JohnStar145

Post by JohnStar145 »

Uhm, what is the best map to use in with this mod?

not the vanilla or the map of chaos ones which have a lot of dark areas that I can't see well

Thanks in advance!!!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

It's pretty hard to suggest which map you should play with the mod because some map packs usually has one or two slaughter, vanilla, dark maps like it's crucial to have 'em unnecessarily. Well, as far as my experience goes.

However if i can suggest some, here they are;

- Doom Community Chest 1~4

- Sunlust

- Jenesis

- Diabolus Ex

(yeah some of them are dark but i've tried)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Good News! ICARUSLIV3S Recently played and streamed this Mod with some Fine and unique Map Packs and he liked it. And my, so many things just happened and i think that was fun and new experience.

Anyway i had to Reply him with some Trip, Trivia and Answers of the Mod because he would get confused. And i'd like to Share this to everyone as well;

- You really, Positively can't kill the Hostages. But the Enemies will do. You have to Save them by pressing Use Key up close. They'll Reward you when Rescued. And yes, once you Interact with them, they Teleports to the Safe Place. Not just Disintegrating them. Resisto and Revoltte are not Anti-Matter Particles!

- To Drop your Current Weapon, all you have to do is just Pressing Weapon Slot 1, Next or Previous Weapon Keys. It's written on the Info, but it seems Eviternity has Custom one that replaces the Mod's.

- As you can see, some Map Packs with Custom Enemies or System will ruin the whole experience, if you want some Normal Gameplay with them, make sure to test drive it first until it gets right!

- The Lovebird Tag will give you the Temporary Invulnerability and Maximum Stamina Points. So you can Power Swing Repeatedly, Reflect the Projectiles and Deal Critical Damage without worrying too much about depleting Stamina. But yeah gotta admit, that pickup message is totally misreading. Sorry.

- Resisto only can cause the Explosion by throwing Weapons. Revoltte does not have such Advantage, but she is full of Momentum, Quick and Nimble.

- The Homing Missiles(Grey and Purple One) will chase you to Death, literally. You have to destroy them because... Well, they're able to be Destroyed!

- The Mines and Barrels are dangerous when you're Close to them, obviously. Drop your SPAM Mines near them to dispose! And speaking of SPAM Mines, when you're cornered, try use them and get out of there! It's explosive, so you can Expect some Multi kills.

- Those Almond-Shaped Bullets fired from Cohort and Arsonist can be Destroyed.

- You can Disarm the Boom Cube by walk over it. Again, it's written on the Info.

- The thing you just picked up and made you shit SPAM mine was the powerup that makes you go faster and Plant Multiple Numbers of SPAM Mines without any Cost.

- Why those Hostages has Blood... Or Ketchup on their Shirt, you say? Because it's actually a Heart Symbol got Cut in Half. They're literally split with thier loved ones and you have to help them to Reunite!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”