GZDoom 3.7.1 Released

News about ZDoom, its child ports, or any closely related projects.
[ZDoom Home] [Documentation (Wiki)] [Official News] [Downloads] [Discord]
[🔎 Google This Site]

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

GZDoom 3.7.1 Released

Post by Graf Zahl »

Notice: This release has been split into two. There is now a "modern" version and a "vintage" version, for older hardware. More info can be found here.

Please note that the survey is currently closed. GZDoom 3.7.1 does not include the survey code that 3.5.0 did.

Download (Modern, OpenGL 3.3 and higher) Download (Vintage, OpenGL 2.x) Highlights
  • Just bug fixes

Details
  • fixed everlasting fast projectile after hitting ceiling - Without the test for ceiling hit fast projectile could enter its Death state every tick infinitely
  • fixed crash in AutoUseStrifeHealth - The loop never checked if the item was still valid and would continue to try to use it, even after it was removed from the inventory and destroyed. As native code this just failed silently, but with the VM it needs to be explicitly checked.
  • fixed typo in sky preparation.
  • Fixed: SXF_CLEARCALLERSPECIAL cleared the spawned actor's special instead of the caller.
  • Fixed settings_controller not updating properly when a player becomes the new arbitrator in a netgame.
  • added missing return in P_RemoveThing.
  • added missing null pointer check to SBarInfo's inventory bar drawer.
  • fixed ammo check for weapon with 'uses both' flags
  • fixed SPC music loops
  • fixed precaching of switches. The backwards animation accessed the wrong array which in case of sequences with different length could crash
  • fixed missing attack sound in A_CustomPunch
  • Fixed: IsFakePain received the modified damage instead of the raw, preventing ALLOWPAIN from working as intended.
  • TNT.WAD fixes
  • Have Plutonia MAP16 pit kill player
Enjay

Re: GZDoom 3.7.1 Released

Post by Enjay »

Some welcome fixes of a few annoyances there. Thanks once again for your continued efforts with GZDoom.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Modern Linux builds available.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Modern Mac binary posted.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Linux builds for Vintage now available.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Windows Vintage builds now available. Also, I made a mistake with the Linux vintage build links - if you downloaded it, please try downloading it again. My bad!
7.62x39

Post by 7.62x39 »

It's probably false positive but i want to say it anyway... :) Virustotal, "Trapmine" detects something :shock: "suspicious.low.ml.score" in "gzdoom.exe" Modern x64, both 3.7.0 and 3.7.1 but 3.6.0 is fine.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

7.62x39 wrote:It's probably false positive but i want to say it anyway... :) Virustotal, "Trapmine" detects something :shock: "suspicious.low.ml.score" in "gzdoom.exe" Modern x64, both 3.7.0 and 3.7.1 but 3.6.0 is fine.
If it's only that one and not any of the 55 others, then most likely it is a false positive due to over-sensitive heuristics.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Maybe some malware was using AsmJIT and those AV developers put a signature for that into their database...
Time to look for alternatives, I'd say. Of course there aren't really any good ones anymore. Most AV software is more dangerous than the things it's supposed to block.
Gez

Post by Gez »

https://trapmine.com/blog/trapmine-mach ... irustotal/

It's machine learning, that is to say, neural networks. I figure you're going to get a lot of false positives from this.

I figure it's the presence of ASMJIT that trips it up. "Oh my, it has code to generate more code, what could it be doing with that other code? Suspicious!"

Notice that even then, it doesn't say "malicious", just "suspicious". That means it doesn't identify anything actually bad in GZDoom.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Vintage Mac build posted.
7.62x39

Post by 7.62x39 »

Now, it's "malicious.moderate.ml.score"... :twisted: :D
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Do you have anything more useful than false positives? If there's any actual malware I want to get right on that straight away and fix it as quickly as possible - but I can do nothing about false positives and it's a bug in the virus scanner engines, not GZDoom, that these happen. You really need to take it up with them.
7.62x39

Post by 7.62x39 »

Rachael wrote:Do you have anything more useful than false positives? If there's any actual malware I want to get right on that straight away and fix it as quickly as possible - but I can do nothing about false positives and it's a bug in the virus scanner engines, not GZDoom, that these happen. You really need to take it up with them.
Unfortunately, no... I don't like any positives. When i first saw suspicious, i want to imform you guys. Now it's says "malicious". In one post, someone said it's not malicious, it's suspicious.. Thats why i made another post on this topic today.

In my first post, i already said, it's probably false positive.. Sorry for misunderstanding... :)
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

7.62x39 wrote:
Unfortunately, no... I don't like any positives. When i first saw suspicious, i want to imform you guys. Now it's says "malicious". In one post, someone said it's not malicious, it's suspicious.. Thats why i made another post on this topic today.

In my first post, i already said, it's probably false positive.. Sorry for misunderstanding... :)
Anything "suspicious" is totally useless and >90% of them are false positives...just some AV too "sensitive".

But...sometimes, some of programs just "looks like suspicious" for those "sensitive" AV engines, even the author of program clearly said IT'S NOT and nobody give a shit. Ken Silverman's Build 2 Engine binary is one of these examples.

Don't let those too sensitive shit make you so sensitive too. :P

Return to “ZDoom (and related) News”