MAPINFO/DEHACKED for some Doom WADs [v1.32]

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
NightFright
Spotlight Team

MAPINFO/DEHACKED for some Doom WADs [v1.32]

Post by NightFright »

For personal usage, I have created (or modified) several MAPINFO/DEHACKED files for some favorite PWADs of my Doom 1/2 collection. Maybe some of you may find them useful as well, so I decided to share them.

The highlight of this pack is probably the file for "Icarus" since it adds a custom storyline (invented by myself) which may give you a good reason to play or at least replay the Team TNT classic with this. Support for the more or less abandoned (but still interesting) old commercial addons "Hell to Pay" and "Perdition's Gate" might also be interesting.

LATEST VERSION: 1.32 (Nov 7, 2022)

DOWNLOAD (zip, 256 KB)

Credits:
- All the authors of the original WADs
- Miguel Folatelli/Alien Vendetta Team (AV dehacked)
- BlueFireZ88 ("Lost Episodes" ZDoom release)

From the included readme:
FOR DOOM I

The Lost Episodes of Doom (1994) ......................... jptr_v40_fix.wad
Fixes are based on BlueFireZ88's ZDoom patch released in the ZDoom forums.
This file is meant to be used with the original, unaltered jptr_v40.wad (MD5: 8111F6EA0263A7FCFEE5BA3DD06C5554), but should also work with any modified version you can find online.
Only the first three episodes are shown to fix the display glitch with Ultimate Doom ep.4, original episode graphics are used and some fixes applied to the Doom cluster texts provided by BlueFire. The Jupiter skyboxes from his pack are also included, but converted to BMP and centered like the original Doom graphics. Level names added.

Needs More Detail Ultimate (2009) ........................ nmdu_fix.wad
Episode/level names added, original Doom cluster texts slightly modified (Doom episode names replaced).

FOR DOOM II

BF_THUD! (1995) .......................................... bf_thud!_fix.wad
Game ends after MAP29, no other adjustments.

Eternal Doom III (1997) .................................. eternall_fix.pk3
MAPINFO/UMAPINFO for selecting the two standalone levels (CyberSweeper, Credits) and a DEHACKED for level names and a custom background story made up by myself. All you still need for this to work is eternall.wad.

H2H-Xmas (1995) .......................................... h2h-xmas_fix.wad
Adds a funny background story, corrects alignments of various sprites (including mugshot) and fixes some bugs in MAP24

Hell to Pay (1996) ....................................... hell2pay_fix.wad
Small DEHACKED code to prevent Commander Keen replacements (fusions) from bleeding. CWILV23 edited to fix a typo ("Guantlet" -> "Gauntlet"). Level names added, needless Doom II cluster texts removed.

Perdition's Gate (1996) .................................. perdgate_fix.wad
Level names added, needless Doom II cluster texts removed.

Icarus: Alien Vanguard (1996) ............................ icarus_fix.wad
Level names added. Additionally, I have considerably improved the cluster texts: The original game did not have any custom story, so I invented one based on the readme file provided by Team TNT. Now you finally know what you are doing and what happens at the end of the game! There is even one additional cluster which I have added (after MAP25 - MAPINFO/UMAPINFO only). Also, the cluster background tiles were really ugly by default. I replaced them with fitting background tiles from the Icarus texture set.

Memento Mori (1996) ...................................... mm_fix.wad
Level names added.

Memento Mori II (1996) ................................... mm2_fix.wad
Level names added.

Requiem (1997) ........................................... requiem_fix.wad
Level names added; fix for switched MAP25/26 names.

Alien Vendetta (2002) .................................... av_fix.wad
DEHACKED file by AV Team/Miguel Folatelli included, MAPINFO with level names and cluster texts.

The Rebirth (2004) ....................................... rebirth1_fix.wad
Level names added.
Last edited by NightFright on Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:26 am, edited 21 times in total.
SiFi270

Re: [Mapinfo] ZDoom pack for some Doom WADs

Post by SiFi270 »

Sorry to bump, but I just read about this little issue with crusades.wad, so I made a little mapinfo patch like the ones in this thread and thought it might be worth including among them.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Also forgive the double bump, but I needed to upload a fixed version of the MM2 MAPINFO with the right map names and re-assigned the CWILV graphics to the intermissions. In the original fix WAD, it looks like you used the music track names instead. :wink:
MM2_MAPINFO.WAD
(5.43 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Ouch... that's embarrassing! Actually my local copy is correct. This must have slipped in when I was checking the wiki for the names and checked the music list instead of the map names. I will update the pack one of these days. Thanks for finding this!
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Hello, I'm back with patches for the Serenity trilogy and Slaughter Until Death/The Evil Unleashed. Both patches must be loaded with every wad in the collection in order to work properly. Features besides map names include cleaner M_EPI* graphics for the Serenity trilogy and integration of TEU's custom graphics for the Innocent Crew's wads, which previously would have required you to tamper with the Doom 1 IWAD in Dosbox.

Edit: Fixed a typo that made E3M6's music play a map early in Evil Unleashed.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Finally had the time to correct the Memento Mori II mapinfo. Just redownload from the first post.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

H2H-Xmas fix

Post by NightFright »

Since I also posted it today over at the Doomworld forums and also because it's Xmas season again, here is a link to my fixed H2H-Xmas version which does the following:

- Adds a funny background story via MAPINFO
- Corrects alignments of various sprites (including mugshot)
- Fixes some bugs in MAP24

H2H-Xmas Fixed (PK3, 1.7 MB)

NOTE: This is the full pwad plus my fix file inside of a PK3 archive, so you won't need the original pwad to run it.
Last edited by NightFright on Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

I've been running the previous version of the H2H fix with GLBoom+, which supports most of it, including the widescreen status bar. In both that version and the new one you've just shared, the first text screen has the same background and message as it would in Doom 2 on its own, and the second one fares only slightly better:

I've looked inside the .bex you included and nothing seems wrong with it to me, but I'm not really an expert.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

I didn't test this with latest GZDoom snapshots, but it's not like I am using sophisticated features here. It may just be an issue with the PrBoom+ version you are using. Will investigate.

UPDATE:
Edited the fix and dropped the DEHACKED file turned the DEHACKED into an external BEX file, it's now MAPINFO only. For me it works in GZDoom, just download the file again and try. I dunno if MAPINFO is supported in GLBoom+/PrBoom+, though (I guess it's not). The DEHACKED looked fine to me and I can't tell what's wrong with it.
Diabolución

Post by Diabolución »

For PrBoom-Plus you have to provide the background flats as actual vanilla flats. That is, you have to duplicate these patches, resize them to 64x64 and save them as actual flats.
Alptraum
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Alptraum »

I just found this on Discord and I am happy that you created/modified MAPINFO files.

Thanks a lot :thumbsup:
Agitatio
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Agitatio »

That Alien Vendetta DeHackEd patch you used is outdated. This contains a more up to date .deh file with correct names and stuff.
Also, how about adding your similar fix for Eternal Doom III to the archive?
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Maybe one day when I find the time. I never thought this could become important to anybody, it's been in this section for ages without any response. No idea where the sudden attention came from.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Version 1.2 released

Post by NightFright »

CHANGELOG (Jan 13, 2020)
- New: Eternal Doom III (selection menu for standalone levels, level names and custom background story)
- AV: Minor updates for DEHACKED and MAPINFO
Alptraum
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Alptraum »

NightFright wrote:Maybe one day when I find the time. I never thought this could become important to anybody, it's been in this section for ages without any response. No idea where the sudden attention came from.
Well, personally, I started playing some older megawads with Final Doomer+ or other mods. So without the correct mapinfo, they look inconsistent. What you made is a small quality of life improvement and I have been around this forum for like a few months ^^

Return to “Resources”