[Beta][Cool] \m/ ~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~ \m/ - 0.9 desu~

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [Beta][Cool] \m/ ~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~ \m/ - 0.9 desu~

Post by wildweasel »

thedeathrunner123 wrote:is there any way to switch the fires (mouse 1 being shoot and mouse 2 being swing) without remapping the keys for primary and secondary fire?
You're probably going to have to do the workaround; setting up a trigger-flip is not a trivial thing to do, especially not to two entire arsenals and the input handler for special moves.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

In GZDoom 3.7.0 and 3.7.1, things like torches can no longer be destroyed, but attacking them constantly lets your combo meter build up all the way from fearless to slayer. Do you think it's worth releasing a small update just for that and also the fact that the max amount of armor tokens seems to have been 3 instead of 4 for a while? I probably should have mentioned the latter sooner but I'd somehow convinced myself that someone else already had. (and maybe they did)
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

I don't have a copy of 3.7.0 or 3.7.1 and can't update from 3.4.1, so any glitches that pop up for recent builds I'm not going to be able to verify and/or fix.
It looks like DemonSteele's starting to break apart at the seams in 3.7.1, unfortunately, since that's not the only issue. But I'm not going to be able to really do anything about it.

Sorry.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

FWIW that particular issue in the video has been encountered elsewhere recently.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Just chiming in to say that this is wildly inconsistent. Punches work, lightsaber doesn't but without building combo, sword builds combo without hitting, and it seems most other weapons don't destroy torches. This is true with the JIT or without.
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by phantombeta »

For a bit of context, the thing in that video is because you're calling action specials when the weapon has been taken away - this used to work, but between 3.6 and 3.7 it started causing crashes, so that VM abort was added.
As for the torches thing, that's actually fixed in the latest master, and will be working in the latest release. I imagine that issue was due to a bug with the NODAMAGE flag introduced when Major Cooke refactored DamageMobj to make it not awful to change. These bugs weren't caught in the dev builds*, unfortunately, but Major Cooke already fixed them.

* (probably because people took Graf's warning not to release mods for devbuilds to mean "don't use dev builds ever again")
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Everything seems to be back to normal, but are two monsters of the same type supposed to infight? If so, I feel like a dummy for not noticing before.
john190

Post by john190 »

I am getting a weird error when I pick shinong bfg replacment.
Any ideas?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

john190 wrote:I am getting a weird error when I pick shinong bfg replacment.
Any ideas?
What is the error?
john190

Post by john190 »

wildweasel wrote:
john190 wrote:I am getting a weird error when I pick shinong bfg replacment.
Any ideas?
What is the error?
VM EXECUTION ABORTED: 02VIPER. STATEFUNCTION. 267 CALLED WITHOUT VALID CALLER 02VIPER EXPECTED
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

*ERROR - FALSE WARNING DETECTED. DOES NOT COMPUTE: AWAITING CLEAR SOLUTIONS*

... Or is this really the error message appeared on the Console?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

It'd be appreciated if you could take a screenshot of the error instead, so that it can be seen exactly as it appears, instead of a loose transcript. Better yet if you can figure out how to reproduce the crash.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

This is a bug I was working earlier last month to fix locally on my copies of mods. Effectively, doing anything with a weapon on the same tic that it gets taken away causes a vm abort, but adding an actionless 1-line bit immediately after taking the weapon fixes it, among some other methods. Although I'm sure this isn't the correct way of fixing this, it works.

With Term's permission, I have a fixed version to post here.

There's two main changes here. The first changes the a_weaponready at the end of the Mastodon change state of each of Shihong's weapons into a simple display-only state, which fixes the VM abort without changing anything else.
The second change simply changes the improperly defined menu stuff into one that's compliant with the proper way of doing things. This is mostly a carryover from a certain period of GZDoom versions, where it would simply refuse to show the new option menus at all if they were defined this way. GZDoom can detect the new menus now without this fix, but it's a harmless change, so I've included it anyway.

A few other mods had this same abort, but I've worked where I can with the authors to fix them for actual releases.
Last edited by Somagu on Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
john190

Post by john190 »

Somagu wrote:This is a bug I was working earlier last month to fix locally on my copies of mods. Effectively, doing anything with a weapon on the same tic that it gets taken away causes a vm abort, but adding an actionless 1-line bit immediately after taking the weapon fixes it, among some other methods. Although I'm sure this isn't the correct way of fixing this, it works.

With Term's permission, I have a fixed version to post here.

There's two main changes here. The first changes the a_weaponready at the end of the Mastodon change state of each of Shihong's weapons into a simple display-only state, which fixes the VM abort without changing anything else.
The second change simply changes the improperly defined menu stuff into one that's compliant with the proper way of doing things. This is mostly a carryover from a certain period of GZDoom versions, where it would simply refuse to show the new option menus at all if they were defined this way. GZDoom can detect the new menus now without this fix, but it's a harmless change, so I've included it anyway.

A few other mods had this same abort, but I've worked where I can with the authors to fix them for actual releases.
Found another. This was on the fixed version and it happened while de-equiping the bfg replacment.
[imgur]https://imgur.com/a/FJGK9rE[/imgur]
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

Oops. I see exactly what I left out, I must have forgotten to re-fix that one after getting Term's permission. Sorry, I'll get to it as soon as I can.

[edit]Here's a fixed version. Terribly sorry about that. Please let me know if you spot any other crashes.
Last edited by Somagu on Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”