Vertical Sync breaks graphics [Gzdoom 3.6]

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
UnbornDecay25

Vertical Sync breaks graphics [Gzdoom 3.6]

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

Whenever I play GZdoom and enable vertical sync, instead of a nice smooth image, whenever there would normally be screen tearing with VS off, instead there is a harsh static that takes up a good portion of the screen, so fast and so random that I cant even take a screenshot. No errors or crashes happen, so I have no idea whats going on. I am running it in OpenGl Accelerated, with full screen on, no forced aspect radio and screen set to stretched and resolution scaled. Does anyone know whats going on or how to fix this?
De-M-oN

Re: Vertical Sync breaks graphics [Gzdoom 3.6]

Post by De-M-oN »

Try this:

viewtopic.php?p=1078210#p1078210

to disable adaptive.

Its just adaptive vsync and adaptive vsync is plain awful.

Did one of the devs read my last post of this thread? That would make imo much more sense :-|
Chris
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Chris »

De-M-oN wrote:Its just adaptive vsync and adaptive vsync is plain awful.
Adaptive vsync shouldn't cause static/garbage to appear on-screen. I simply vsyncs as normal when a frame is displayed in time, and tears/skips the vsync if it was late rather than waiting for another refresh. If there's garbage appearing, something else is wrong.

What hardware do you have, what's your OS, and are your drivers up to date?
De-M-oN

Post by De-M-oN »

I personally dont have this problem, but I wouldnt be surprised if it fixes it for him either.

Return to “Technical Issues”