IronTusks - Diablo3D V1.2.25 + Patch (Links UPDATED)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V2.5 PATCH *expansion coming soon*

Post by PlayerLin »

Very weird, because that's not what actual files of Diablo 3D full.zip are...from your screenshots, they're looks like the files in diablo.pk3(also in Diablo 3D full.zip, as part of core files for this mod)...

Not sure what happens, but do you try open the zip with other extract tools like WinZip or WinRAR(of course, latest version, even just trial version)?
Daedolon13

Post by Daedolon13 »

/facepalm

Thank you for suggesting that. Turns out I had an incredibly old version of 7-zip and it wasn't opening the file correctly. You don't want to know how old it was, lol. Thank you for your help Player Lin.
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

I did heard about outdated 7-zip failed to read pk3 or even pk7 archives, so I'm not surprised, good to know you solved it and have fun with the mod. :)
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

PlayerLin wrote:I did heard about outdated 7-zip failed to read pk3 or even pk7 archives, so I'm not surprised, good to know you solved it and have fun with the mod. :)
Outdated indeed.

*Project update*

This project will see a ton of new changes...

Coming in 3.0

1. Maps will contain Diablo 2 Teleport areas which transport you to a "Safe zone" where you can interact with "Gheed" The Mod's Shop Merchant, heal, fill on mana, and sell/buy gear.
2. 5 new maps added based on diablo 2.
3. Reanimated Horde, Real Radament, achmel, and undead ancients added.
4. more variants of diablo 2 monsters for the frozen dreadlands (Episode 6 *Act 5*)
5. More items added to add diversity
6. Added ambient sound from diablo 2
7. Mauler Demon (Horned Demon) now has sound clips from Diablo 1 and when charging the player it will play like the Horned Demon Charge sound)
8. Newest Version of Wrath of Cronos 2.2 Added (and made compatible with Diablo3D)

More changes to add later, stay tuned for updates.
Attachments
small rade.jpg
small rad.jpg
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

This project has been pushed back due to the Loss of the Diablo.wad File after Gzdoombuilder Crash... Until it can be recovered somehow, i will have to do the entire expansion (map portion) all over again. >:(
3saster

Post by 3saster »

When a file gets deleted, it's not removed from disc, the OS just says you can overwrite this memory if necessary. Download a deleted file recovery software (such as Recuva), and if you are lucky you may be able to recover the file either partially or fully, if it hasn't been overwritten on disk.

Also, people need to back-up their files more than "never" :P version control is wonderful for this...
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

3saster wrote:When a file gets deleted, it's not removed from disc, the OS just says you can overwrite this memory if necessary. Download a deleted file recovery software (such as Recuva), and if you are lucky you may be able to recover the file either partially or fully, if it hasn't been overwritten on disk.

Also, people need to back-up their files more than "never" :P version control is wonderful for this...
i found out why i lost the orignal wad... Since i have 128GB SSD as a boot drive, and all my resources are on the boot drive (Write Caching is enabled), theres a risk that if a program crashes that data could be lost... So what i had done was moved all unaffected resources to this project to the 1TB HDD.

I found the .backup files to the wad and restored the project. This shouldn't happen again.
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

irontusk341 wrote: i found out why i lost the orignal wad... Since i have 128GB SSD as a boot drive, and all my resources are on the boot drive (Write Caching is enabled), theres a risk that if a program crashes that data could be lost... So what i had done was moved all unaffected resources to this project to the 1TB HDD.

I found the .backup files to the wad and restored the project. This shouldn't happen again.
Good to heard you found the backup, write caching is very risky when program crashing/system restarting/suddenly power off(if your PSU isn't good enough, it may even worse), whatever it's SSD or not.

But, whatever you do, backup all of your shit is first priority.
Gebor

Post by Gebor »

I really enjoyed playing the mod. I always dreamed of a new large adventure in the Doom/Heretic/Hexen engine and the Diablo-theme fits perfectly. It amazes me how you managed to port that many assets over into the fps-engine. Thanks for that great work!

I have two questions/suggestions though.

1. How to disable the red text that appears at the bottom of the screen whenever you take damage or heal?
You can see it at 15:13 in your video of testing 1.8: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxG0WUbzcnw

2. I like how you implemented the gore system, however the sheer amount of blood often seemed silly to me. While looking for an option to tune it down, I found the great new Bolognese mod from Sgt. Mark IV.
Its basically the updated gore system of Brutal Doom, but in an adjusted version that works with almost any mod. I tested it (switched out brutal.pk3 for the Bolognese mod) and it worked great! The amount of blood is now adjustable in the options and monsters that get overkilled by a lot of damage even explode into gibs that lay around and drop from the ceiling.
The only issue are skeletons: those bleed as well and explode into a bloody mess when blown up.
(Which shouldn't be the case for obvious reasons)
But after all the mod would work great with yours, only the skeletons need to be disabled from using the gore-system. Sadly my pathetic modding skills aren't enough to perform such a simple task.
Maybe you could take a look at it or give me a hint on what line of code to alter, in order to purge that tiny flaw. Here's the link to the mod: https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/ ... re-mod-v20
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Gebor wrote:I really enjoyed playing the mod. I always dreamed of a new large adventure in the Doom/Heretic/Hexen engine and the Diablo-theme fits perfectly. It amazes me how you managed to port that many assets over into the fps-engine. Thanks for that great work!

I have two questions/suggestions though.

1. How to disable the red text that appears at the bottom of the screen whenever you take damage or heal?
You can see it at 15:13 in your video of testing 1.8: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxG0WUbzcnw

2. I like how you implemented the gore system, however the sheer amount of blood often seemed silly to me. While looking for an option to tune it down, I found the great new Bolognese mod from Sgt. Mark IV.
Its basically the updated gore system of Brutal Doom, but in an adjusted version that works with almost any mod. I tested it (switched out brutal.pk3 for the Bolognese mod) and it worked great! The amount of blood is now adjustable in the options and monsters that get overkilled by a lot of damage even explode into gibs that lay around and drop from the ceiling.
The only issue are skeletons: those bleed as well and explode into a bloody mess when blown up.
(Which shouldn't be the case for obvious reasons)
But after all the mod would work great with yours, only the skeletons need to be disabled from using the gore-system. Sadly my pathetic modding skills aren't enough to perform such a simple task.
Maybe you could take a look at it or give me a hint on what line of code to alter, in order to purge that tiny flaw. Here's the link to the mod: https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/ ... re-mod-v20
Thanks, I will go over the Bolognese mod with a fine tooth comb and see about integrating it... A lot of changes have already been made since Version 2.5, so it might make the transition more smoothly or more difficult, but ill find out more when i test it out.

EDIT 1:18pm EST: i tested it out, The Gib is nice (not nice for skellies though), but the lighting effects are gone... So... i am not sure if it would look good on the mod... unless the gib effects could be added to the Brutal effecs.pk3 or lighting effects from that pk3 to the bolonese pk3 and stop the skellies from gibbing.
Gebor

Post by Gebor »

Good to hear you tested it out! I am already looking forward to V3.0 and some nice gibbing would improve the experience even more.

On the case of the mysterious red and green text that appears whenever health is lost or gained on the bottom of the screen: is it a feature of the Wrath of Cronos mod or something that is specific to Diablo 3D? Any option to disable it would be highly appreciated. I already played with WoC on other Doom-Setups and haven't noticed those pesky numbers there.
Just in case you are unsure about what I am talking about, here's a screenshot from your video of testing 1.8:
Screenshot from your video of testing 1.8
Screenshot from your video of testing 1.8
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Gebor wrote:Good to hear you tested it out! I am already looking forward to V3.0 and some nice gibbing would improve the experience even more.

On the case of the mysterious red and green text that appears whenever health is lost or gained on the bottom of the screen: is it a feature of the Wrath of Cronos mod or something that is specific to Diablo 3D? Any option to disable it would be highly appreciated. I already played with WoC on other Doom-Setups and haven't noticed those pesky numbers there.
Just in case you are unsure about what I am talking about, here's a screenshot from your video of testing 1.8:
rednumbers.jpg
when you go to the main menu go to options, then go to the Wrath of Cronos settings and you should be able to disable the text there.
Gebor

Post by Gebor »

irontusk341 wrote: when you go to the main menu go to options, then go to the Wrath of Cronos settings and you should be able to disable the text there.
I checked it again and it seems to be an issue with Wrath of Cronos and not your mod. Also on other mod-setups/versions of Doom the pesky little numbers appear at the bottom. I checked and unchecked all the options in the WoC tab, but nothing of it seems to affect the numbers. Maybe I am missing something.

I am sorry that I do distract you with such minor things.^^ However these numbers always annoyed me and seem rather pointless to me.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Gebor wrote:
irontusk341 wrote: when you go to the main menu go to options, then go to the Wrath of Cronos settings and you should be able to disable the text there.
I checked it again and it seems to be an issue with Wrath of Cronos and not your mod. Also on other mod-setups/versions of Doom the pesky little numbers appear at the bottom. I checked and unchecked all the options in the WoC tab, but nothing of it seems to affect the numbers. Maybe I am missing something.

I am sorry that I do distract you with such minor things.^^ However these numbers always annoyed me and seem rather pointless to me.
I looked I think it’s because I have wrath or cronos v2.2 in my mod, is why I don’t see it.. I had to change a lot of things in the decorate scripts for sprites to make it compatible with 2.2... so when I release the expansion later this month it will also have the latest version of wrath of cronos as well.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Guys, those "pesky numbers" are just WoC health points income\outcome indicator.
Integer shows absolute value of taken damage or health replenish, and fractional number in parentheses shows the same value but as percentage from current max hp.
And no, it's doesn't toggleable unfortunately.

2irontusk341:
Glad to see that you return to work on. )
Btw, edit both "Goto Death+23" lines on "Goto Death+22" in "Death" state of Reanimateds, otherwise they would autorevive only once.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”