DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Post by Slax »

MrPyrite wrote:The Direct Hit
Spoiler: Close enough
TTK_86

Post by TTK_86 »

Slax wrote:
Spoiler: Hmm
What is the name of the WAD you're playing in that video? Looks like something i would like to try out =)
worldendDominator

Post by worldendDominator »

TTK_86 wrote:What is the name of the WAD you're playing in that video? Looks like something i would like to try out =)
I think it's Doom II Reloaded.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

MrPyrite wrote:I just came up with an idea if TF2's Direct Hit made it into this Mod:
eheheheheheheeh
Bofubutt wrote:That's a really neat glimpse into the adaptive system's inner workings. What really interests me is that I saw a menu option stating that you could change what map you go to after killing the Icon of Sin - does this mean you can theoretically cycle back through an IWAD/megawad and keep pumping up the difficulty?
Yeah. It likes to fight me tooth and nail though, bloody thing. Basically it'll only work on MAP30 of a vanilla megawad. If you try it on anything like Compendium or something that mixes things up a bit, it just won't work.
Thanks for reminding me about this, I've gotta disable part of it before release otherwise bad things will occur.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Spoiler: Last one for now
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i have discovered the secret to all-encompassing power

(i found this out when i tossed away a weapon i had put modpacks on, then got one of the same weapon, put modpacks on it, then held reload to salvage ammo from the weapon i had dropped; this added the modpacks of the old weapon on top of the new weapon, giving me mods over the limit like in the screenshot.)
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:i have discovered the secret to all-encompassing power
Hehehe, thankfully I fixed that a long time ago.

If you're interested, it's technically a P4B4T4 missile launcher, the agilities on it are completely overridden by the powers. The bulk and technical are of course, seperate.
If it had exotic mods on it too, it'd end up as a B4T4S2F2N2 missile launcher, the firestorms and snipers would override the powers and agilities together.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i did notice that my rockets weren't super fast, but instead had the force of a hail mary and reloaded nigh instantly. not too surprising considering you're not supposed to be able to stack mods to infinity, but certainly amusing to see my missile launcher grow powers beyond what it was supposed to. :P
ALLEN2

Post by ALLEN2 »

Will this upcoming version be compatible with the latest revision of DoomRPG on the github?
Bofubutt

Post by Bofubutt »

ALLEN2 wrote:Will this upcoming version be compatible with the latest revision of DoomRPG on the github?
That's probably more a question for whoever's working on DoomRPG (if anyone is) than for this thread, honestly.

That being said, I do think it'd be really cool if someone made a simplified version of DoomRPG that interfaced with this. I feel like it got a little too unwieldy later in its development cycle. But that's probably for another thread as well.
BoneofMalkav
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by BoneofMalkav »

Bofubutt wrote:
ALLEN2 wrote:Will this upcoming version be compatible with the latest revision of DoomRPG on the github?
That's probably more a question for whoever's working on DoomRPG (if anyone is) than for this thread, honestly.

That being said, I do think it'd be really cool if someone made a simplified version of DoomRPG that interfaced with this. I feel like it got a little too unwieldy later in its development cycle. But that's probably for another thread as well.
Yeah, DoomRPG's still being worked on here - https://github.com/Sumwunn/DoomRPG

Edit: Not sure if DoomRPG Launcher works with it, but using Doom Exicutor works just fine for it.
ALLEN2

Post by ALLEN2 »

BoneofMalkav wrote:
Bofubutt wrote:

Yeah, DoomRPG's still being worked on here - https://github.com/Sumwunn/DoomRPG

Edit: Not sure if DoomRPG Launcher works with it, but using Doom Exicutor works just fine for it.
off-topic but thanks for linking that, the last build from two years ago has been buggy for me and i still play it
NickDoom

Post by NickDoom »

Yholl wrote:it'd end up as a B4T4S2F2N2 missile launcher
Dual N <3 ^___^
In DoomRL, I sometimes install multiple N on Nuclear BFG, making it recharge x4 faster :)

BTW can kick be binded to the Use key? If you have a door or a switch in front of you, you Use it. If you have no, you Kick (without switching to Fists). Almost as the above-mentioned Legacy AltFire. Can such thing be done or it's beyond the DECORATE abilities?

And, speaking about AltFire, I suggest to allow throwing a rocket with bare hands (use it as a grenade). Switch to Fists, press Reload and Fire (or Reload again if you changed your mind and want to punch instead). Rocket (or it's detached warhead) rolls on floor until timed fuse ignites. Kaboom! :)

Maybe detach a warhead on first Reload, preparing it for throwing. And attach it back on second one. I can make the animation.
DarkTalon25

Post by DarkTalon25 »

Is there any disadvantage to possessing the Demonic weapons besides the Nightmare Artifact Guardian encounters? The weapon and upgrade descriptions imply such, but I haven't had any, so...
Bofubutt

Post by Bofubutt »

DarkTalon25 wrote:Is there any disadvantage to possessing the Demonic weapons besides the Nightmare Artifact Guardian encounters? The weapon and upgrade descriptions imply such, but I haven't had any, so...
Kind of an edge case, but waving Death's Gaze around carelessly will aggro friendly creatures (and piss off the friendly Marines in the DoomRPG outpost).

Return to “Gameplay Mods”