Star Wars Fan Film Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
ReX

Star Wars Fan Film Thread

Post by ReX »

Excellent production value, even if the "plot" seems somewhat obscure.
ReX

Bucketheads: Star Wars Fan Film (Imperial Perspective)

Post by ReX »

Another short movie with excellent production value. (Too bad these short films can't emphasize plot & character development. Regardless, they're remarkably made.)

Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Shards of the Past: Fan-Made Star Wars Film

Post by Caligari87 »

Can't watch the whole thing now, but this looks good! I really need to pay closer attention to the Star Wars fanfilm scene again.

8-)
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Star Wars Fan Film Thread

Post by wildweasel »

I've merged these two threads together; might as well have them all in one place instead of spread across several topics.
ReX

Post by ReX »

wildweasel wrote:I've merged these two threads together; might as well have them all in one place instead of spread across several topics.
Good idea, thanks.

And here's another excellent one, this time with a fairly expressive (and, possibly, conscientious?) Darth Maul:

ReX

Post by ReX »

And the last one for tonight: An epic (and very well done, I must say) battle between two titans in completely separate and fictional universes.

Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Rather bizarrely, I stumbled across all the above in the last few days too.

It's always worth mentioning IMPS The Relentless: https://impstherelentless.com/
Unfortunately, their initial, excessively ambitious, goal of producing chapters frequently and adding things up to a feature-length documentary fell by the wayside a long time ago. What they have made, however, is very good.

For some reason, I can't see Chapter 2 from their site.

Chapter 1
https://impstherelentless.com/chapter-1 ... rt-gateway

Chapter 2
https://vimeo.com/7860202

Chapter 3
https://impstherelentless.com/chapter-3 ... aintenance

It spawned from the earlier fan favourite Troops.

Also cool:

A bit of anime

seems to need direct link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

Less impressed by this one, but it's OK

This on is in French
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I watched another one a few days back. It featured a bunch of children younglings* with a Jedi (maybe even Obiwan) some time after Episode 3 I think. Can't find it right now though. :?

*I have no idea why George Lucas felt the need to invent a new word for children. Ewan McGregor might have been able to deliver the line "I have seen a security Hologram of him killing Younglings" a bit more convincingly if he'd just had to say "children".

Seriously, is he about to laugh there?
ReX

Post by ReX »

I had watched "The Last Padawan" last night, and found it to be very well done. Next, I'll watch the other ones you posted; thanks for the links.

[Surprisingly, I was utterly unaware of the vast and talented SW fan film community until I stumbled upon it recently. Much catching up have I to do, hmmmm?

EDIT 1: I just watched Le Secret de Tatooine, and this one has the most emotional depth of all the SW fan films I've watched. [Of course, it helps that we're watching iconic characters that we've grown up loving.] Also, I thought that the acting was very good, especially the guy who played the bounty hunter.
Last edited by ReX on Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

Sharing a few!

Duality, one of the better "old" ones (2001). I love this one mostly for the fact it's filmed entirely on green-screen and has legitimately good special effects and choreography by the standards of the time.

Revelations is a longer-form fanfilm with moderately high production values (lots of location shoots, great costumes, broad scope), though it seems to be a bit too ambitious for its own good and drags a bit at times.

There's one I can't remember the title of that took a more gritty angle, starting with a bunch of stormtroopers in a pitched battle, eventually following one particular trooper with a lot of strange markings on his armor as he hunts down a jedi. I'll have to check my download archive when I get home. Gah, I wish there was some kind of central database of fanfilms kept updated.

8-)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

This one is OK, not the best, but still pretty good.

However, I'd love to get a decent copy of the end music which is a Western, almost Ennio Morricone, version of a medley of various Star wars themes.

[edit]
Found it:

https://www.reverbnation.com/heathallyn/songs

Currently #13 on that list "The Good, The Bad and The Empire"

[/edit]
ReX

Post by ReX »

Enjay wrote:"The Good, The Bad and The Empire"
Heh. (But nicely done, I agree.)

(On a separate, but related note, I should ask Jeff Ligda how he feels about re-arranging and performing the various iconic pieces of SW theme music.)
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

I found it!

8-)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Caligari87 wrote:I found it!
Oooh, that's pretty cool. I hadn't seen that one. I thought the fight at the end was a bit stilted in places but it's a really good little movie.

Here's one from a couple of years back. Nice scenerey. ;)

And this one's interesting because it features far more space combat than most of the fan films do:
NeuralStunner

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Enjay wrote:I have no idea why George Lucas felt the need to invent a new word for children. Ewan McGregor might have been able to deliver the line "I have seen a security Hologram of him killing Younglings" a bit more convincingly if he'd just had to say "children".
I have no doubt he would've. His performance in other scenes is great, but this line is so bad you can see his "are you shitting me" just below the surface. I have to wonder how many takes he burned through before this one was good enough. :lol:

Return to “Off-Topic”