Guts Ripper: just a bigass sword

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gideon020

Re: Guts Ripper: a simple Berserk style weapon

Post by Gideon020 »

USing this with Dead Marine pretty turns the rest of the run into a sword-only affair, hahaha.
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Guts Ripper: just a bigass sword

Post by Skelegant »

Guts Ripper now works with Heretic! Try it with Iron Forge, an excellent map made by Xaser and Not Jabba: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=59875
(summon Gauntlets to get the sword early)
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Heheh, and for Hexen compatibility, all you have to do is replace the Warrior's Gauntlets. :D
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

It'll be a little trickier than that, I'd have to do unique sprites for the different hand types then figure out a way to replace the weapon without mucking up any puzzles or stuff, and the current sprites are pretty basic and should really be replaced at some point.
It'd be fun to try tho, the giant sword/arm cannon combo is fun to work with :D
thedeathrunner123
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

about that suggestion i made early, any idea of making the ability to cut or shoot (or both) projectiles out of the air?
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Through the magic of Gross Hacks you can now reflect projectiles that don't have +thrughost :D and it's still compatible with pretty much any mod.
I'd rather not add shootable projectiles as that'll break mod compatibility, but the projectile blocking is OP as it is lol you can run straight at a cyberdemon and just knock its rockets out of the way before fucking its shit up in about 3 hits. You do need to wait til the projectiles are fairly close before swinging though
thedeathrunner123
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

Sounds even better tbh. thx
taufan99

Post by taufan99 »

Looks badass! A bit of shame the video does not demonstrate how projectile deflection works.
I also personally feel like the sword's attack range could've been bigger, so that you could take down up to 4 or 5 enemies at the same time.
Also, Griffith as Cyberdemon/Spiderdemon when
ArkVogel

Post by ArkVogel »

Sweet mother of CLANG this is so damn satisfying with the Ketchup mod. Kudos!

It kinda feels that the area of effect is way too narrow though. Mind telling me which parameters I need to change or add in slade to make it wider? If I'm not mistaken, it seems you've used multiple simultaneous projectiles to simulate a cutting through multiple enemies, but only if they're in a straight line (I can do a bit of tinkering but never quite got into modding).
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

It's a short range railgun, I'm not sure how to widen its horizontal range yet but that's definitely something I'm gonna add next update :D I want to end up with a sword you can use to cut roads through the hordes in Scythe's later maps lol
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

do you have plans of replacing the other weapons with arm cannon variants or making them wieldable with the big steel-chungus?
ArkVogel

Post by ArkVogel »

Skelegant wrote:I'm not sure how to widen its horizontal range yet but that's definitely something I'm gonna add next update :D I want to end up with a sword you can use to cut roads through the hordes in Scythe's later maps lol
Multiple rail shots in horizontal shotgun spread perhaps? Or the vanilla BFG's cone shot with a much shorter range?
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

LossForWords wrote:do you have plans of replacing the other weapons with arm cannon variants or making them wieldable with the big steel-chungus?
Not sure yet, it'd be fun tho :D

ArkVogel wrote: Multiple rail shots in horizontal shotgun spread perhaps? Or the vanilla BFG's cone shot with a much shorter range?
The BFG blast might not work well but yeah, multiple railguns might be the best solution.
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

Uh, so, probably something completely out of thin air, but could you make the Crucible Sword as a second option, so we can whack stuff with that?
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Minor bug report, when you pick up the Sword in Heretic the ammo counter displays two wand crystal ammo counts on top of each other.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”