No menu graphics in new GZdoom

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Re: No menu graphics in new GZdoom

Post by drfrag »

Are you sure you're not running Zandronum in software mode? To play in hardware mode you need to enter 'vid_renderer 1' in the console or to select the OpenGL renderer in the menu.
Your card somewhat supports GL 3.3 so i think it's a driver problem and you need to install the latest amd legacy driver for your card.
DeathCold

Post by DeathCold »

drfrag wrote:Are you sure you're not running Zandronum in software mode? To play in hardware mode you need to enter 'vid_renderer 1' in the console or to select the OpenGL renderer in the menu.
Your card somewhat supports GL 3.3 so i think it's a driver problem and you need to install the latest amd legacy driver for your card.
Yes i'm sure. It always stays in OpenGL mode. And yes, maybe it is a drivers problems, but my video card is no longer supported, so i don't think that i can find drivers for my video card.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Then try '-glversion 2' as Rachael suggested but i think either your graphics driver is not the latest or it's bad. I had a Radeon HD 4650 until recently BTW.
DeathCold

Post by DeathCold »

drfrag wrote:Then try '-glversion 2' as Rachael suggested but i think either your graphics driver is not the latest or it's bad. I had a Radeon HD 4650 until recently BTW.
I already tried to find GZDoom with glversion 2, but i can't find it. Could you help?
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

Создай ярлык гздума легаси версии, нажми правой кнопкой мыши по нему и в графе Объект, через пробел от последнего символа, добавь -glversion 2 в самый конец строки.
Если создашь ярлык обычной версии гздума и проделаешь то же самое он выдаст ошибку "Unsupported OpenGL version." .
DeathCold

Post by DeathCold »

Apeirogon wrote:Создай ярлык гздума легаси версии, нажми правой кнопкой мыши по нему и в графе Объект, через пробел от последнего символа, добавь -glversion 2 в самый конец строки.
Если создашь ярлык обычной версии гздума и проделаешь то же самое он выдаст ошибку "Unsupported OpenGL version." .
Не знал я что тут русские обитают. И все же, спасибо за наводку. Сейчас попробую так сделать. Посмотрим что с этого получится.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

The vintage build supports GL 2 but your card has 3.3. That's a command line parameter to force GL 2.
You could upgrade the graphics driver instead.
DeathCold

Post by DeathCold »

Apeirogon wrote:Создай ярлык гздума легаси версии, нажми правой кнопкой мыши по нему и в графе Объект, через пробел от последнего символа, добавь -glversion 2 в самый конец строки.
Сделал я все так как ты сказал, и результат уже получше но все ещё не тот которой хотелось бы.
DeathCold

Post by DeathCold »

drfrag wrote:The vintage build supports GL 2 but your card has 3.3. That's a command line parameter to force GL 2.
You could upgrade the graphics driver instead.
But i tried Zandronum 3.0 and it works for me without this problem with graphics. And i think that Zandronum 3.0 uses OpenGL too, and it might be somewhere near 3.0 version of OpenGL. So... isn't it weird that Zandronum 3.0 works for me in OpenGL and GZDoom is not? Also, i have a problems with updating my video card drivers too. Cause, after updating it, i see the black screen instead of Windows loading screen or my desktop. And i googled it, and many people said that, the better option in the case with black screen, is to reset drivers back to previous version. So, i'm kinda stuck in this situation, bewteen playing games with newest version of OpenGL, and not playing them and just skip them and move on.

Also, i can't play those mods/games on Zandronum 3.0, cause they were made only for GZDoom. So that is not an option too.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Yeah that's typical of those cards, GL 2 is even more broken than GL 3. That's what happened with my card.
Then try LZDoom or upgrade your driver.
Edit: Zandro requires GL 1.4 with some features from later versions.
DeathCold

Post by DeathCold »

drfrag wrote:Yeah that's typical of those cards, GL 2 is even more broken than GL 3. That's what happened with my card.
Then try LZDoom or upgrade your driver.
I already replied to you about my drivers updating problems. Check my previous reply that you skiped please.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

I'm almost sure it's a broken driver. In those cases you should use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to remove the old driver completely and then install the latest amd legacy driver.
DeathCold

Post by DeathCold »

drfrag wrote:I'm almost sure it's a broken driver. In those cases you should use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to remove the old driver completely and then install the latest amd legacy driver.
But i can't do that, cause when i uninstall old driver and install new, then i see the black screen insetad of my desktop or windows loading screen. So, i don't want to risk it.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

But it's a different scenario, you'd be installing a driver from scratch not updating it.
However now i remember the latest driver was a beta (not sure), install the previous one then.
Edit: this one: https://www2.ati.com/drivers/whql-win8. ... -oct30.exe
DeathCold

Post by DeathCold »

drfrag wrote:But it's a different scenario, you'd be installing a driver from scratch not updating it.
However now i remember the latest driver was a beta (not sure), install the previous one then.
Edit: this one: https://www2.ati.com/drivers/whql-win8. ... -oct30.exe
I will try, and if it not works, then i'll quit.

Return to “Technical Issues”