Re: [v2.1.1] Eriguns - Now with 100% more SWORDS!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gideon020

Re: [v2.0.0] Eriguns - Viva la ZScript!

Post by Gideon020 »

Nah, EriGuns episode 3, based on the 3rd Episode of Demon Eclipse. :D
IDKrisis

Post by IDKrisis »

I've been testing this mod on some regular Doom 2 levels, but I've noticed something odd. Eriguns 1 features an auto shotgun, a chaingun, a double missile launcher and a grenade launcher, but the only way to aquire these is with the IDKFA cheat. They never spawn in vanilla maps.
AL-97

Re: Re: [v2.0.0] Eriguns - Viva la ZScript!

Post by AL-97 »

For additional weapons to appear you have to select the Extended Weapon Set at the start of your game. Chaingun, but rather the Gatling Gun, is dropped by Spider Mastermind, and Missile Launcher is dropped by Cyberdemon.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

AL-97 wrote:For additional weapons to appear you have to select the Extended Weapon Set at the start of your game. Chaingun, but rather the Gatling Gun, is dropped by Spider Mastermind, and Missile Launcher is dropped by Cyberdemon.
But there's still two weapons left unobtainable without cheats, the auto shotgun and the grenade launcher.
IDKrisis

Post by IDKrisis »

DabbingSquidward wrote:
AL-97 wrote:For additional weapons to appear you have to select the Extended Weapon Set at the start of your game. Chaingun, but rather the Gatling Gun, is dropped by Spider Mastermind, and Missile Launcher is dropped by Cyberdemon.
But there's still two weapons left unobtainable without cheats, the auto shotgun and the grenade launcher.
I actually had selected the Extended weapon set, but I had not yet encountered any Cyberdemons or Spider Materminds during my tests. It seems that the mod does need a little adjustment though, if there are still weapons you can only get through cheating.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

The auto shotgun and grenade launcher are just the result of me having some fun with Eriance's sprites. There was never any concrete plans to add them to the game for real (and the GL is unfinished anyway), so they're an easter egg, more or less.

I suppose I could do what Eriguns2 does and have some CVAR switches that swap out the SSG and RL with these, though it may be a while before I get back 'round to tinkering with the mod.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

With the Eriguns0 idea I mentioned on the previous page, I was thinking the Cyberdemon could drop the Pyro Cannon or Devastator (another thing to decide through CVAR?), the Spider Mastermind could drop the Repeater, and finally the flamethrower could go to the Arch-vile. Even then I still think there'd be a few left over, but maybe some of the ones I'm thinking of weren't actually in DE at any point in its development, but made for Stronghold and/or UTNT.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Why is the mauler the chaingun instead of the nailgun?
IDKrisis

Post by IDKrisis »

After playing with some other mods, I decided to return and test out Eriguns2. I love the weapon designs, but I've noticed that the Hellforge and the Hydra are unobtainable without cheats. Perhaps these were just experimental as well, but the Hydra actually looks quite familiar. I've seen a custom enemy for Doom called a Behemoth which has arm cannons that look just like it.

If you ever get around to tweaking this mod, I would suggest completing and adding the unfinished weapons, but also creating a slightly altered "compatible" version of the Eriguns mods, where all the weapons spawn from pickup spawn points instead of being dropped by enemies. This would make the mods more compatible with monster mods, like Colourful Hell and DoomKrakken's Monster Randomiser, since monster mods often alter the vanilla enemies and eliminate any pickups that the Eriguns mods would make them drop.
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

IDKrisis wrote:I've noticed that the Hellforge and the Hydra are unobtainable without cheats.
Take a look at Eriguns2 Options:
IDKrisis

Post by IDKrisis »

m8f wrote:
IDKrisis wrote:I've noticed that the Hellforge and the Hydra are unobtainable without cheats.
Take a look at Eriguns2 Options:
Oops! Missed that. Thanks for the info.

I still think that a compatible version of both mods should be made, though. If you don't have to rely on monster drops for any of the new weapons, then it would make them more compatible with monster mods.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

The weapon drops use a custom system, rather than the native "DropItem" functionality, precisely to make 'em work with mods that replace monsters. Give it a try.
Xaser

Re: Re: [v2.1.0] Eriguns - Now with 100% more SWORDS!

Post by Xaser »

Hey all!

Just posted a little update -- v2.1.0 is out (see the OP), with a few bugfixes in and a new-ish weapon, the Templar Sword. It's basically a prettier fist replacement, with a health drain attack when powered up. (since the Vorpal Blade originally had a vampire attack as its powered mode, it now has explosive puffs when powered, 'cause that's way more fun).

Since some folks reported trouble hitting small shootable switches, the templar sword's altfire is a little "point" ability that can trigger switches and alert monsters. It also deals exactly 1 point of damage, so you can technically kill folks by pointing your sword at them if you wish. :P

Not much, but there it is!
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Oooo sweet! The fists still being there always bugged me. Thanks, Xaser!
Hipnotic Rogue

Post by Hipnotic Rogue »

Great news! Using this mod has been the only way I play Heretic maps since you first released. I'm glad it's still alive. Thanks for sharing. :)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”