Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.01 HOTFIX

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
affandede

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition [v0.9 Beta Release]

Post by affandede »

Nash wrote:Got a little cool treat for y'all. Ya boy just went mad hard with that optimization game!
Da boy is da best.
Last edited by Blue Shadow on Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: There was no need to quote the screenshots as well.
MrJohnny

Post by MrJohnny »

This is literally the best thing ever.
HorrorMovieRei
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

As someone who plays Doom on a glorified toaster, I can't thank you enough for this absurd level of optimization!
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

Alot of mods with extra gore scale the blood sprites down so it doesn't appear big compared to the monsters - but they end up looking like hires sprites compared to everything else. What makes this such a fantastic blood mod is that it adheres to the original aesthetic of DOOM, and looks exactly like other games from the time period. To improve on this, can I suggest developing a simple blood impact splatter animation (to replace the vanilla doom one that drops to the floor) who's pixels are 1:1 of the monster sprite resolution? Gifty's Deadmarine mod has blood impact sprites that demonstrates this effect.
BerserkerNoir
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by BerserkerNoir »

I thought this was already optimized, but even further is overkill, now I´m Hyped for the next release.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Nash wrote:Got a little cool treat for y'all. Ya boy just went mad hard with that optimization game. ;)
Oh man I can't wait to run this on extreme sized levels with 1000 monsters on them! :rock:
Last edited by Blue Shadow on Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: There was no need to quote the whole post.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

When an Arch-vile raises a monster, which has had it's death animation flipped, it does not flip the raise animation.
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Found a small (but significant) bug: if the weapon has +EXTREMEDEATH flag, then it will only gib monsters vanilla-style, not the new nashgore-style. Discovered when playing with Dakka (impaler weapon)
grubfisher

Post by grubfisher »

Spaceman333 wrote:
Nash wrote:Got a little cool treat for y'all. Ya boy just went mad hard with that optimization game. ;)
Oh man I can't wait to run this on extreme sized levels with 1000 monsters on them! :rock:
Yes! I'll finally play Sunder outside of postcard mode!
RiboNucleic Asshat
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by RiboNucleic Asshat »

While I don't mind the clashing styles of the floor blood and wall blood, I find it rather irritating that the overall tone of the floor blood is visually much darker than the wall blood.
You can see what I mean in this image:

The blood on the floor is mostly dark cyan, while the wall blood is much lighter in comparison.
If you lightened the flat blood texture and toned down the contrast a bit, I think it would look much better.
Nash

Post by Nash »

I'm trying to see if I can submit a PR to GZDoom that lets modders make opaque + colourizable blood decals on walls. If that gets added into the engine, then all will be good and consistent as I will replace the wall decal art with completely opaque graphics.
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Nash wrote:I'm trying to see if I can submit a PR to GZDoom that lets modders make opaque + colourizable blood decals on walls. If that gets added into the engine, then all will be good and consistent as I will replace the wall decal art with completely opaque graphics.
Another good idea would be an additional option to make switches (i.e. activateable linedefs that do not move) untaintable, or/and make decals placed on them to always be semitransparent, or any other way to see the switches behind all the blood because I can't count how many times i messed a switch because it was completely covered up.
Midnight_King

Post by Midnight_King »

Those blood sprays from the dead bodies, I love it <Smash TV Announcer>
Solfish

Post by Solfish »

Could you add fire death? It would be amazing to set everything on fire with cleric.
luigiman0640
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by luigiman0640 »

Am I the only one who's getting lagging issues with the wall decals? I love this mod, but whenever I look at or get near copious amounts of blood on the walls, my game starts to chug quite a bit.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”