[Beta] Ozônia: 11 plutonish maps [+Feedback Appreciated!]

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Deadwing

Re: [Beta] Ozônia: 11 plutonish maps [+Feedback Appreciated!

Post by Deadwing »

Oh yeah, if the player is aware he can have some control of the flow of the level by taking advantage of the soundblock lines. I don't see much problem on it since it's not in every moment you can do it (and I prevented some cheesing strategy in some key points). I'll look closely in the two spots you've given as an example. The Caco's might be problematic because the player might want to get 100% and then never trigger them out, so I'll make them easier to get loose out. I think the strategy of simply running away and letting the foes group up is pretty valid. It's good to let the players have some freedom :mrgreen: Also, in the first playthroughs it might be hard for the players to spot the 'tricks' too, so I don't think it's much of a problem except in super-cheesing strategies. I'll also take a look at the cat ears for the monsters you've told in map 3.
Deadwing

Post by Deadwing »

Ozônia has been updated to version 1.2: https://www.mediafire.com/file/fdf9v5q4 ... 2.zip/file

It features some small bugs fixes and balance changes based on the feedback provided! Thanks a lot, guys! :)

I recommend downloading it if you haven't played or finished the whole set yet!
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Could you upload it to somewhere else, please, Mediafire is no longer a viable option for me.
It used be free, but because I have an adblocker running they want me to sign up for their
Express service which costs 12,00 $US a year. So, no more Mediafire.
Deadwing

Post by Deadwing »

TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Kappes Buur wrote:Could you upload it to somewhere else, please, Mediafire is no longer a viable option for me.
It used be free, but because I have an adblocker running they want me to sign up for their
Express service which costs 12,00 $US a year. So, no more Mediafire.
Your adblocker doesn't let you switch it off for certain websites?
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

Deadwing wrote:Try here from google's drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zKIcxi ... sp=sharing
Thank you.
TheMightyHeracross wrote:Your adblocker doesn't let you switch it off for certain websites?
Maybe it does. I got to check that out.
When I see any blocking popup my mind immediately goes into Rebel Mode.
They say it is to support their website, but I am at a point now where I don't
trust many websites any more.
Get Phobo

Post by Get Phobo »

You need to also use a script blocker that prevents the detection of the ad blocker.

I use uMatrix and ScriptSafe on Chrome, and NoScript on Firefox.

Also, you can use the ad blocker to block the blocking features if they are based on CSS layers, e.g., using the 'Block element' feature of Adblock Plus. Very nice for blocking those annoying cookie consent banners and all kinds of distracting hint boxes.
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by phantombeta »

At least for me, Mediafire gives me a "Continue without disabling" link at the bottom. Does it not show that to you?
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

phantombeta wrote:At least for me, Mediafire gives me a "Continue without disabling" link at the bottom. Does it not show that to you?
Yes it does and it works.
Thanks for pointing it out.
Deadwing

Post by Deadwing »

Version 1.3 is ready to play!

Download here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/t57dqb3s ... 3.zip/file

This will be the last release before I start working in the next episodes (III and IV). There's a ton of changes, especially regarding ammo, monster and pacing changes, although I don't think it's worth playing if you've already played it. I've tested it in -cl 9 and everything worked fine! Also, in the last level, I've added a new dehacked monster (he appears only in the very last setpiece replacing the repetitive 4 arch-viles setpiece), which uses the Hellion sprites. I'll definitely use him more in the next episodes. I might add another dehacked monster, but it'll probably be used only in the latest episodes, I guess.

Anyway, for now, I'll probably take a short break and think about some cool concepts for episodes III and IV. I'll also compose some new tracks for some of the earlier and later maps, although I think there's space to use some Exomoon and Moonblood tracks here. I'm also thinking about inviting some guest mappers, so the whole experience doesn't get too repetitive and also to reduce a bit the workload in my side haha, IDK. I guess I'll add 1 guest map for epi III, 1 for epi IV and a slaughter-lite one for slot 32, at least for the next batch of maps.

Regardless, thanks a lot for playing it and giving feedback, guys! :)

Return to “Levels”