Tag/Teamplay clan

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
SirTimberWolf

Tag/Teamplay clan

Post by SirTimberWolf »

I am considering the forming of a Tag clan where we play dwango tag (and variants) and teamplay exclusivley..... the clan would have awards, ranks and teams... also.. if the clan goes well ppl would get actual jerseys.. and some other stuff (that I would pay for) We could also host get togethers and stuff... I would be the leader of the clan *shows off credentals* being that I have 3 years in the infantry (Army) 1 1/2 years as a teamleader and 6 mo. as a squad leader (as an E-4) I would supervise training and general tactics layout but members would be fully heard if they had an idea.. A combination of a democracy and a dictatorship
I already came up with a logo, and I'm having an artist render it, but I lack a name.. maybe you guys can help.. The logo is a muscular (though not buffed out) humanoid fox wearing full platemail (minus the helmet) with angel's wings and a highly chromed out double barrel shotty
so there you have it... members of the clan are encouraged to map but it is not a requirement.... I hope that if this takes off we can go pro some day or make our own leauge or something..
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

From that logo description, I can think of a great name: The Most Unoriginal Thing Ever. I suppose the fox-head dope is also on a skateboard and smoking a 'joint,' right?
And what's this "go pro some day?" Are there really people who will pay you to play Doom, or do I just have an outdated definition of the word "profession?"
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

ROFL
Chilvence

Post by Chilvence »

souds like a hound archon....
Curunir
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Tag/Teamplay clan

Post by Curunir »

SirTimberWolf wrote:The logo is a muscular (though not buffed out) humanoid fox wearing full platemail (minus the helmet)
omgGLhJC! furry prawn!
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

I played Dwangotog with you a few days ago :-D, AND I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But sereously, I'd like to be a part of this clan, just for the fun of playing with a team that would know what they are doing (I remember playing CTF on UT and the guys were DMing each other and not bothering about CTF rules...). Yeah, I'm up for this, although I wouldn't take it as sereouse as I take all things... but i'll do some cool maps too :-).

I'm also not the worst Doomer in the world, I do have some skill :-). Oh, if you wan't to check out my levels, the released ones are 'UACmine' (vanilla Ultimate Doom), 'The Following' (Zdoom with doom2 iwad) and 'ROTGS' (Zdoom with doom2 iwad). They can be fount on Doomworlds idgames thing. Plus, I'm a musician :-D (The music in ROTGS was done by me :-) ).

:twisted:
SirTimberWolf

Post by SirTimberWolf »

If you'll remember, we won the next match after that. ;)

That would be cool though man, have you got AIM or Yahoo messenger?
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Um, with a maximum of 8 players and stable games running with 4 or less, how can you seriously run "clan matches" on Doom?
SirTimberWolf

Post by SirTimberWolf »

Zdaemon dude... it runs stable games to around 16 ppl... give or take and depending on the hardware on the server...
Nanami

Post by Nanami »

Use SkullTag. WAY more stable than ZDaemon, a lot more DM flags, more modes of play, and 32 palyer support.

Plus Carn's managed to cut out all the horribly written ZDaemon code to make it about 7000% less laggy.
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

I'm available on MSN: just look for my yahoo email address (it should be here). As for your argument against skulltag, it's dead easy to set up your own server. Get the latest skulltag from http://www.doomworld.com/skulltag/ then get the latest Doom Connector from http://www.xodemultimedia.com. Doom connector is the best thing out there IMHO. You can set up servers with a few clicks, you can chat to doomers and it supports Zdoom, Zdaemon, Jdoom, Legacy, Skulltage, CSdoom... I think that's it, but it supports the lot, plus, if you set it up for Zdaemon you can still look through all the Zdaemon servers! This is the way forward, and skulltag is far better than Zdaemon (plus you can easily make maps for it if you use DoomBuilder, which is by the same people as Doom Connector :-) ).

PS: If you set up a server on Doom Connector you can play it yourself just as easily as playing someone elses server :-). And, if you create a map and you want to get a clan only game running, you can set a password and just tell the members the password :-)

Return to “General”