ÆoD 6.66 Alpha 8 (11/20/2018)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
007kingifrit

Re: ÆoD 6.66 Alpha 8 (11/20/2018)

Post by 007kingifrit »

I just installed alpha 8 and wanted to give some feedback

1. the photeus (i'm spelling that wrong) dynamo and bio rifle (the green balls that splatter) are misaligned, the weapon should be farther over to the right of the screen because that's where the weapon model stops. this doesn't apply to the bio rifle when you have 2 of it

2. does monster infighting reset itself between levels? i set it to -1 but it seems to go off between levels

3. the alt fire of the plasma rifle consumes the same ammo as the regular fire but is more powerful and has a ricochet effect, seems like it should cost more

4. the dynamo is pretty OP, it covers a huge area in damage, consumes almost no ammo, and kills even cyber demon class monsters pretty easy, i think it might be hitting each target too many times, or else it just needs a nerf as it makes it pointless to discover other weapons after you find this bad boy

5. the font has gotten really small on the text in the middle of the screen, i can't read weapon pickups or the results of the dice rolls
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

1. This mod is oooooold dude. I'm well aware.

2. No idea. That's an engine thing, not a mod thing.

3. Maybe.

4. It needs a complete overhaul. Sure it's good at eliminating single targets but it's not that good for anything else.

5. You can change your font size in the menus.
007kingifrit

Post by 007kingifrit »

so i ran into the death bringer and he fires these projectiles that are like metal balls. I don't think they ever despawn, no matter how long i run they follow me perfectly and forever.

and those floor blade things that can only be attacked when they rise up. my bunny bombs keep trying to blow up on them when they are in the ground which wastes them all
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

They do disappear after a time. You just have to keep running around and either lead them into other enemies or wait for them to expire.

Honestly, I'm tempted to replace the floor blades. I never liked them, but I'll see about fixing it so bunnies don't blow up on them. For the time being, don't deploy them if any are around. All you can do for now.
007kingifrit

Post by 007kingifrit »

did you know the xenomorph can fly?....cuz i sure didn't! It seems like it can lunge in such rapid succession that it gains altittude, it only comes up if you are using the flight powerup

also don't remove the floor blades, they are a novel enemy with really unique mechanics, they just shouldn't eat up all the bunny bombs is all.

and was there a change to mana for spells? it now uses the dark mana? was it always like that? I now never have enough for some weapons if i use spells....which might be ok cuz they are super weapons
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

007kingifrit wrote:so i ran into the death bringer and he fires these projectiles that are like metal balls. I don't think they ever despawn, no matter how long i run they follow me perfectly and forever.
death bringer...? You mean DBThanatos boss enemy only spawned when you turn on the Joke mode? Yeeeeaaahh he's one of the super-tough boss to fight along with Pennywise and El Oscuro. There are ways to beat such bosses, however. Giving everything you've got, literally. Use the Time rune or use OP weapons to fight back. Like Soul Reaper. This one's the daddy of all OP weapons.

And about those Dangerous Boom Bunnies, they're still dangerous to use. Especially when i have to deal with Demon Replacing Big-headed Clowns that disappears temporarily. It comes towards me super fast when it's invisible and the bunnies tend to explode in front of my face.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

He's not part of joke mode. He's part of classic.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Really? But honestly i haven't seen him very often, tho. Is he supposed to be very, VERY rare to encounter?
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Yep. 1/512 cyberdemons.
007kingifrit

Post by 007kingifrit »

atleast i can (sorta) dodge his attacks though; you know whose a really OP SOB? the cleric master, 1 shot kill even if i'm 500+ health and the projectiles home AND he uses it every time he sees you. he is no fun to fight at all

EDIT: and i noticed picking up the fire storm spell makes it impossible for me to select my dual hornet guns, i have to drop the fire storm spell to select my hornet guns again, i think this is true for the lightning rod also but i'm not sure which gun is "hiding" that one
Thandok

Post by Thandok »

Is it possible for me to remove the weapons and just use the monsters and stuff?
Ooh and keep up the good work the mod is the best :wub:
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

007kingifrit wrote:i noticed picking up the fire storm spell makes it impossible for me to select my dual hornet guns, i have to drop the fire storm spell to select my hornet guns again, i think this is true for the lightning rod also but i'm not sure which gun is "hiding" that one
I think I fixed those a while ago. Try using the github version. It should be selectable again.
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

Oh thats cool but i have 3 problems

1. Some of the Remote TNT wont explode, when pressing the Alt-Fire is not working too
2. One of the enemys blood is green but i saw red blood coming when the enemy explodes with red gores instead of green
3. When choosing the Doom Factions, why those enemys gibs are original and they wont show the gibs splatting bloods like Cacodemon or Revenant (as same from No.2)

(sorry for the bad grammar but ill fix my comment if you dint understand)
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Gib blood colors are a mess and sadly cannot be fixed much.
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

Hmm ill change my problems from No.2 and 3

Did you know how to turn off the gibs?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”