The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
TheMightyHeracross

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

NeuralStunner wrote: Seriously, get a broom handle or something and try this. Try Corvus' grip. You could put a hole in a plaster wall with little effort. (Don't actually do it, though.) Now try turning your grip over. Feel how unnatural that is? Feel your wrist trying to aim upward because it's not made to twist around at that angle?
Interesting. I'm obviously no combat expert and you seem to know more than me, but that's something I'd never seen before. I'd imagined it went something like this:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

When i saw that weapon sprite for the first time, i too confused about it. But after grabbing a broom in my house just like that, i stopped doubting about this anymore. And yeah, i DID not impale anything with it. :P

And speaking of impale, the thing we should worry about Corvus' art is that his neck probably got impaled by his own staff because the staff is presumably longer than himself!
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

I just had such an awful night. On top of everything else, some dude at my friend's house (the one with the heart condition) has a crazy ass girlfriend, apparently, and is pregnant... and accused him of cheating on her with my friend (which wasn't happening, she is very very gay, and even if they were hooking up you don't act like this and threaten people on their property. You need to grow the fuck up). And it ended up with the pregnant girlfriend and some guys (her brothers? I don't know, I don't really care) banging on the door and threatening my friend and her room mates, I have her fucking pitbull in a death grip with one arm pinned to the ground to stop him from killing these idiots, all while I have my other hand on my gun incase they did force their way in to the house, and then we had to wait for fucking cops to show up and get them off the property. I know being pregnant throws your hormones out of wack, but unless she is just really immature, I think she might have been on something, some kind of drug. I don't know. I need sleep.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

That is... Beyond fucked up. I really hope this situation goes well for you, even if you have to stand on the court.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Captain J wrote:That is... Beyond fucked up. I really hope this situation goes well for you, even if you have to stand on the court.
Thanks, brother. I just hope she isn't so petty that the problems continue.

In more lighthearted news, I got a better engine picture of my TransAm for my Facebook Timeline photo, or whatever. She's at about 450 bhp, my goal is 500 (again, bhp, not rwhp), and I think I'm going to stop upgrading performance once I reach that point. I need a bunch of maintenence stuff for now, though, before I can go back to having fun. Brakes/rotors, possibly a rear end differential, a passenger window motor, a catalytic converter, a new air-lid, a headlight motor........ lol

SamVision

Post by SamVision »

What is Wrath of Chronos and where can I get the latest version? The link on the ZDoom forums thread seems to be dead.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

SamVision wrote:What is Wrath of Chronos and where can I get the latest version? The link on the ZDoom forums thread seems to be dead.
OP never come back to update his post so it stopped working ages ago.

But if you check the latest posts in the thread, you will found this post with all versions available for download on "The Sentinel's Playground" WAD download site. And, Thetis(?, for some reasons nobody knows if it's him or not) still uploaded latest 2.1 versions last week.

EDIT: Now he's back and updates his original thread, good.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Some crazy turtle was trying to play Frogger across rush-hour tourist season 60MPH (100km/h) traffic. Me and my homegirl pulled over and rescued him, though. I brought him far away from that near a drain area.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

That was really close there!... Damn, what's wrong with that driver? Got stoned after playing GTA5 for 24/7 hours or something? Anyway You have done a heroic deed and he should be totally grateful about this because hell, you literally saved him from being ran over! Anyway, that's really excellent to hear and you are a great person.

Anyway i have decided to be more active at other websites besides tumblr. Like Twitter or Newgrounds. But i might post some artwork at my tumblr blog because i'd like to see what's going to happen in there. People's reaction over there is just upsetting and hilarious at the same time.
camper

Post by camper »

SwiftFunk
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by SwiftFunk »

Installed gzdoom on linux and had a good 2 hour session of reelism today
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

Weird there's no Doom 25th thread since it's appropriately time for it now (the wide BBS release happened an hour and 25 years ago)

Happy 25th DOOM Operating System v0.99!

(also split+move this post if this thread exists and i am a blind)
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

I'm surprised we didn't do something special for it. Well, apart from everyone rushing to finish their projects to finish by the 10th and showing the world how a 25 year old game can still be relevant and that bedroom coders and artists are still a valid medium for creativity within an industry that is constantly fluxing between profit and technological arms-racing (GASPING BREATH).

Oh. I guess we did do something special. Fancy that. :wub:
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

A friend and I decided to do vanilla co-op of E1, uv fast. Was fun times.
Get Phobo

Post by Get Phobo »

Romero has made Sigil, a 9-map megawad -- episode 5 for Ultimate Doom, to be run with GZDoom -- for Doom's 25th birthday.

See here: https://www.romerogames.ie/sigil/

Return to “Off-Topic”