Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Thetis

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V2.2 (Strife version hotfix patched)

Post by Thetis »

Valherran wrote:The armor display on the HUD is missing.
You can see armor, keys, and gold in the armor map, sort of like how Hexen used to do it, though I am gonna include a number indicator on the main hud for current armor total.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V2.2

Post by irontusk341 »

Thetis wrote:After a while being MIA and busy with life, a new version of WoC out after a long time.

Admittedly I'm pretty terrible with updating threads.
Biggest changes since 1.8 if you haven't played a while is a specialization (path) system, new HuD based on Guncaster's HuD by PillowBlaster and TheDarkArchon, and an optional "Director" system (Unavailable for Strife) that places stuff in the map periodically, with aggressiveness dictated by your level and game difficulty setting. Also there's some rebalancing as usual.

Also this works in GZDooM now, again.

*EDIT: Had to reupload main file.
HE LIVES..... AGAIN! (blood Reference)

Looking to test the new version of this on my Diablo 3D project and see how it turns out... I'll let you know if i run into any issues.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Thetis wrote:
Valherran wrote:The armor display on the HUD is missing.
You can see armor, keys, and gold in the armor map, sort of like how Hexen used to do it, though I am gonna include a number indicator on the main hud for current armor total.
Thanks for that.

Do you have plans to rework the stat system in any way?
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Thanks for updating this! i've been checking this on and off forever! it's a one of a kind mod that has a special place in my heart.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Yeah, I'm happy to see this updated as well. It's definitely one of my favorites!
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Alright so I did some speedruns on the Fighter in both Doom 2 and Hexen on UV, all seemed well... Til I noticed massive groups of enemies spawning on top of me every 2 min. Then I tried the highest difficulty... That shit was nearly unplayable, even more so in Hexen. The massive group of random enemies that spawn on top of you got me killed too damn much because half the time there was nothing I could do or use to kill them. And when it came to boss fights... Just hell no. That fight with Heresiarch was just [censored word] because of the constant tidal wave of enemies he forced in hiding behind his shield. Essentially you need to speedrun this game HARD, and you have to avoid a lot of mobs as often as possible to beat this, which I do not find fun AT ALL. At that rate I might as well just play it like Doom's Nightmare mode which I also do not find fun. A better way to go about this would be to have these extra enemies spawn when you complete part of a puzzle, that way you won't be forced to bypass everything.

The other major problem was the monster levels, after a certain point (around level 100) they start getting way too strong to handle. If you jack up the max level to 900, you can find normal mobs at level 1200+ that can potentially 1-shot you. This needs to get toned down to 10% from 25% otherwise it becomes a giant game of insta-gib. Even with the max level set to 160, it was extremely absurd. However all of that could be avoided if you revamp the stat system.
Last edited by Valherran on Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Thetis wrote:After a while being MIA and busy with life, a new version of WoC out after a long time.
Wow, wow, wow!!! Glad to see you, welcome back! :D
I'll try it immediatelly.

Any news about Assassin & Druid classes or Path active skills?

Btw, Thetis can you add WoC wiki page https://wrath-of-cronos-rpg.wikia.com/w ... s_RPG_Wiki in the your first post?
q3cpma

Post by q3cpma »

Hello, is this normal if the messages are cut off with a 4:3 aspect ratio?

Like this: https://my.mixtape.moe/pgzygc.png
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Any idea what would cause 5 actor post processing errors?

For ex. “Class Newfighterplayer2 referenced but not defined”

PS: I’m on my phones data, my internet service provider hasn’t installed service in our new house until tomorrow
Nightgaunt

Post by Nightgaunt »

Nice to see that Thetis is still alive!

Dude you rock, your mod is great.

A suggestion:
Try to stay light on the World of Warcraft icons and content...it just looks like a garbage on a such dark game like Hexen!
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

irontusk341 wrote:Any idea what would cause 5 actor post processing errors?

For ex. “Class Newfighterplayer2 referenced but not defined”

PS: I’m on my phones data, my internet service provider hasn’t installed service in our new house until tomorrow
Nvm I fixed it, it can load my old Iron tusks heretic mod but not diablo 3d.
I know why and it would take some time to fix, I would have to replace the old WOC Xp script on all my custom monster sprites including level mini bosses and big bosses.

I think adding the command

(
Drawimage “MNGHPBAR”, -125 + Center, 20;

In the Sbarinfo.txt where the monster HP bar is, would make it look awesome on top of the animated bar as well. When I have The Internet service provider install service I could post screenshots . I could show you how it looks. But I love it.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Are you going to do anything with the Dark Patriarch boss?
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

A Preliminary test build of Scourge of Viscerus for Wrath of Cronos v2.2 is somewhat working.
You level up alarmingly quickly, but custom monsters do count.
https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... 2.2fix.pk3

A New World and Tower of Chaos may be fourthcoming, but A New World will take a hideously long time because it adds so much new content in the form of new Wrath of Cronos specific maps, bosses and enemy populations, and Voice acting.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

I am having issues getting the HUD to display on map01, it will display on map02 and onward. Could you give assistance?
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... 3k-v22.pk3
Wrath of Cronos 2.2 patch for A New World.

An instance is running on TSPG.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”