Fps issues

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
GripZ
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Fps issues

Post by GripZ »

is there any settings i can tweak for my Gzdoom on Open Gl to have a Stable fps whenever a Crapton of Enemies (atleast 180 of them) or Particles Appear on my screen?
Im am currently locked on 3.5.1 Legacy due to Delta Touch Limitations.
My Phone Specs are
Processor: HiSilicon Kirin 659 1.7GHz octa-core
Ram:4 gb

I Really don't like the look of Software Render Especially when looking up and down.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Fps issues

Post by Kinsie »

None of the developers on this forum work on any of the mobile ports of GZDoom. You'd have to talk to the author of the port in question for advice in that regard.

However, I think you'll find the ultimate answer is more often than not to just... not play such intense mods on a smartphone.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Kinsie wrote:However, I think you'll find the ultimate answer is more often than not to just... not play such intense mods on a smartphone.
Pretty much this.

Nevermind the processor architecture and the fact that it is RISC, which due to this has a limited instruction set, but also the fact that it is designed to be a low power consumption processor in order to allow the battery to last 6+ hours. (Or even a week if you simply never turn on the screen)

When you're running the game with 180+ enemies on a smartphone - there is nothing you can do to speed it up - sorry. Unless you upgrade your phone.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Don't ever forget that the performance of today's smartphones is roughly what regular PCs were at 10 years ago or so.
Most of these modern mods would not perform well on those systems, either.

I still have a computer this old and can occasionally run some tests on it, and even some medium-sized Boom maps give that system too much to handle, it's still a performance factor of 5-10, depending on which parts of the engine get stressed most.

Return to “General”