Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
XxGunsInHellxX

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.8A

Post by XxGunsInHellxX »

Gotta say, this is one of the really good mods that grasps the concept of the elements of an RPG
And I'm not sure if this mod is still being worked on, but it needs some heavy rebalancing when it comes to classes and the stats

I've done some experimenting with the use of Exp. Multiplier and how the classes develop as they level up
And by far the most notable has to do with the discrepancy between melee-based and magic-based classes

Overall on how the stats work, with the Fighter, within levels go from 40-50, Strength increase does show damage from 300 up to 1k with the right set of skills
On the other hand, both Sorcerer and Necromancer no matter how many points are put in Intellect, it doesn't show any increase in damage whether be it weapons or skills, which makes them not worth to play considering they are very squishy classes and die pretty easily, leaving no choice but having to choose a class that benefits from Strength or having to put up with very slow progress with Sorcerer/Necromancer
The same happens with the Agility stat, it doesn't increase the damage of Rogue's ranged weapons/skills
treos

Post by treos »

o_O where are the download links? all the red text in the OP are just...red text and no links. i click them and nothing happens. not even a url appears n the bottom corner of the browser when the cursor is on one of them.

edit: Wrath of Cronos Not Hexen Patch. (Must Load before release 1.8A if you are NOT playing on Hexen, contains sprites and sounds): http://static.**LINK_DISABLED**.org/wads/wrathofcronosnothexenpatch.pk3

strange...
worldendDominator

Post by worldendDominator »

Links in the OP are so old their host went down and became a malware site so the forum banned all links there.

Proper links, for the updated version, are somewhere in the later half of the topic. I'll try to dig them out in a moment.

Edit: Here you go.
treos

Post by treos »

ok, ty for that.
timmyr0x0r

Post by timmyr0x0r »

Just passing through to say people that the mod seems to be available here now:

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... =date_desc

Updated too, 2d2 version seems to be compatible with the latest GZDoom versions.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Yeah, someone uploaded it sometimes ago but if you checked this thread, the "community fixed" 2d2 version still not perfect and with bugs since original author has been MIA so I guess that's it, at least it now working with latest GZDooM.
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

Hello, wath is the target for Heretic Masters of Chaos with Wrath of Cronos? I can't find the name of the patch for MOC11...

Basically like that but have to add the file for MOC? -file moc11.wad wrathofcronosnothexenpatch.pk3 wrathofcronosr2c2.pk3 wrathofcronoshereticpatch2.pk3 wrathofcronosr2_hereticweapfix.pk3

Edit: actually it works but the jump is bugged, can't use it at all even with sv_nojump false and the key on shift left, weird :/
Thetis

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V2.2

Post by Thetis »

After a while being MIA and busy with life, a new version of WoC out after a long time.

Admittedly I'm pretty terrible with updating threads.
Biggest changes since 1.8 if you haven't played a while is a specialization (path) system, new HuD based on Guncaster's HuD by PillowBlaster and TheDarkArchon, and an optional "Director" system (Unavailable for Strife) that places stuff in the map periodically, with aggressiveness dictated by your level and game difficulty setting. Also there's some rebalancing as usual.

Also this works in GZDooM now, again.

*EDIT: Had to reupload main file.
Last edited by Thetis on Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Welcome back sir. I'll have to check out the latest update and see what's in store!
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

It seems that the ice gargoyles infight with each other. Is this intentional? And what's the reason for having your own weapon selection binds separate from the game's? Will it break anything if I use m8f's weapon menu binds instead?
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

ALERT: This version of Wrath of Cronos breaks the following Mods:

Tower of Chaos for Wrath of Cronos
A New World for wrath of Cronos
Scourge of Viscerus for Wrath of Cronos.

Myself and Kalinka are frantically working on a Pitch to fix it, but its not going well at all.
Support needed.

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... c-0.1q.pk3
https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... c-0.3k.pk3
Thetis

Post by Thetis »

Quick update to the Strife patch fixing a bug where Macil would remain unhittable, your old save should still work unless you have already beaten the programmer.
Thetis

Post by Thetis »

Someone64 wrote:It seems that the ice gargoyles infight with each other. Is this intentional? And what's the reason for having your own weapon selection binds separate from the game's? Will it break anything if I use m8f's weapon menu binds instead?
The gargoyles infight each other like how lost souls would infight. Also the reason why I have my own weapon selection binds is because in older versions of Zandronum they weren't visible. They aren't seperate and are actually the same exact binds the port already uses. I'm not sure what m8f's weapon menu does.
Someone64

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V2.2 (Strife version hotfix patched)

Post by Someone64 »

Ah, they should work fine then. Weapon menu is just an enhancement to how weapon selection and inventory management is handled.
Valherran

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V2.2 (Strife version hotfix patched)

Post by Valherran »

The armor display on the HUD is missing.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”