xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Serious Sam 4

Post by xenoxols »

Discuss.
Freaklore1

Re: Serious Sam 4

Post by Freaklore1 »

Well its about time,more pure fun action for us.

Double the gun,double the fun.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaarrrr.
Bigger C

Post by Bigger C »

BFE tried to get too serious, but THIS is the right kind of Serious!
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Major props for not titling it "Serious Sam".
Dancso

Post by Dancso »

I'm super excited for this! I've been craving more Sam so much that i started achievement hunting the existing games on steam and replaying on serious difficulty with a friend :)
Zan

Post by Zan »

NeuralStunner wrote:Major props for not titling it "Serious Sam".
Hah, yeah.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

I wonder tough,will we finally see Sam finally confront Mental.

This is a premise that has been around ever since the first game,that Sam is trying to find Mental to stop the invasion from even happening in the first place.

Heck even in Serious Sam 2,Sam eventually reach what is supposed to be Mental Homeworld i think,but Mental is not there.

As for BFE,its a prequel and show why Sam need to time travel so he can go after Mental before the invasion aqnd destruction of Earth by Moon collision.

So will we finally see the final confrontation or is it something Croteam are keeping for another sequel after this one.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Freaklore1 wrote:I wonder tough,will we finally see Sam finally confront Mental.

This is a premise that has been around ever since the first game,that Sam is trying to find Mental to stop the invasion from even happening in the first place.

Heck even in Serious Sam 2,Sam eventually reach what is supposed to be Mental Homeworld i think,but Mental is not there.

As for BFE,its a prequel and show why Sam need to time travel so he can go after Mental before the invasion aqnd destruction of Earth by Moon collision.

So will we finally see the final confrontation or is it something Croteam are keeping for another sequel after this one.
I think they will stall the final confrontation indefinitely.
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

Freaklore1 wrote:I wonder tough,will we finally see Sam finally confront Mental.

This is probably another prequel, there are modern day road signs in the trailer. Still, I am hype. Also SS2 isn't canon anymore, mostly because it would destroy what little plot there is.
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

AvzinElkein wrote:

I think they will stall the final confrontation indefinitely.
I have a feeling this is ultimately the big meta-joke of the entire series. Whether that's good or bad is debatable.

Anywho, I may very well reinstall Steam for this.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i'm excited for this, but i doubt i could run it on my PC very well, heh.
Niphura

Post by Niphura »

xenoxols wrote:

This is probably another prequel, there are modern day road signs in the trailer. Still, I am hype. Also SS2 isn't canon anymore, mostly because it would destroy what little plot there is.
it's a shame that SS2 is no longer canon, i believe that Croteam could have keep it as a separate universe. where everything that happens in that universe is an intergalactic TV show (as well as the intergalactic games within ss2) an exaggeration of the events that occurred in BFE, First and Second Encounter and Sam itself (this could explain the differents planets like Chifang that could had been an exageration of the battle against mental in China or Japan).
They could have done a continuation for SS2 while another team took care of serious sam 4 (in the original universe).
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

A bit of a bump since the last post, but a new trailer was out a few days ago, along with some short snippets of gameplay footage.

Enjay

Post by Enjay »

The style of gameplay looks very much like the original.

Unfortunately, that means I'm not that interested. The endless scripted arenas and enemy waves became utterly tedious to me. I have always wanted to like Serious Sam, I really have. It has so much potential - but that awful (IMO) arena and scripted battle style (rinse and repeat ad nauseam for the whole game) is just a massive turn off.

Walk into an obviously arena-like area, entry closes behind you, music changes, first wave starts, nothing to do now but run around in the arena (potentially for many minutes) as each predetermined script element plays out, [insert description of tedious fighting here], final wave dies, music calms down, way out opens.

Explore through a couple of small rooms.

Walk into an obviously arena-like area, entry closes behind you, music changes...

I get that some people like it but, nope, not for me and I can see that in those gameplay clips and it's implied in the interviews too.

The huge number of enemies looks interesting and impressive but I wonder how playable that will actually be? Will it even really matter? Will you just be mindlessly circle-strafing around the horde slowly wearing down their numbers until the next wave?
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

yeah, it's that "i'm gonna tell my kids this is doom" game again
Spoiler:

Return to “Off-Topic”