UAC Invasion: The Supply Depot

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DooMknight

Re: UAC Invasion: The Supply Depot

Post by DooMknight »

NGX wrote:I had a lot of fun with this. I played it actually some weeks ago. It was the first time in years that I had used save games :lol: The size and level of detail is remarkable, it took well over an hour to complete but the map was continually interesting to explore as each section had its own boundary and identity :)
Bofubutt wrote:This was an excellent map. It had just the right amount of detail, the gameplay was well-paced without being too sluggish or being too crazy (my first playthrough was on HMP, and aside from the very end, I never died, but had a few moments where I was ready to worry), and the layout was well-connected. It was really nice being able to quickly revisit areas due to new passageways opening up.

One bit of feedback, and I wish I could remember where it was more precisely (it's later in the map):
Spoiler:
Again, phenomenal work. I enjoyed every second.
Thanks you both for playing it and the positive reviews, I'm glad you liked it!
I didn't know that bug, I've several fixed since I published it. Do you know if it is possible to update a file in /idgames?
popguy12 wrote:You know what i just thought of? Not sure if you did this time around but you should definitely submit this into Joels mapping contest. the second one closed off entries a while back and as far as i know he is still going over the maps. But if he does a 3rd one you should definetly submit it!
I didn't know that contest, for this edition I can't present it, but maybe in the following one...
0mrcynic0 wrote:Just finished this today. The red and blue keys were easier to get since the levels were mostly linear which eliminates the frustration of remembering which door to go. I like maps like these.
Again, thanks for playing it. The idea from the beginning was to make big and explorable map but that wasn't very confusing for the player. If you look closely, the map offers clues as where you need to go...
will183 wrote:okay, this is unplayable with Project Brutality and Hideous destructor solely because of the lag :(
That isn't a map problem... It's from the toaster where you play it :mrgreen: , I can play the map with these mods without problem using xbrz and other GZDoom fancy options. Soon I will upload a video playing it at 100% with brutal doom.
I think the map is also fun in vanilla. Of course, if you want to play it, do as Enjay or leodoom85 said:
Enjay wrote:So... play it without mods. It's a good map and worth playing. Not everything needs to run with mods. :P
leodoom85 wrote:I agree with Enjay. Mods can ruin your gameplay one way or another.
Play the maps as intended folks.
I also have to say that I made the map thinking that it was compatible with the mayority of the gameplay mods, I sometimes like to play with those...
JohnSuitepee wrote:This looks like something I'd be interested in playing. (despite the somewhat generic name) I'll check it out sometime.
As I said in doomworld, I know I'm not very good at putting cool names on maps hehe
JohnSuitepee wrote:Here is my playthrough of the wad. A pretty fun adventure overall, although I stupidly spent ages looking for the yellow key after the Deathknight fight. Also, the exploding cars in the finale was cool!
Regarding your video, I really liked watching it. I've also seen the DyingCamel playtrough and in both I've laughed a lot. I'm glad you enjoyed playing it. I've also subscribed to your channels, which I didn't know them

I'm sorry I can't be more active to answer the messages, but lately I'm very busy with work, studies and a baby. =:)

Thank you all for your interest and feedback!
popguy12

Post by popguy12 »

popguy12 wrote:
You know what i just thought of? Not sure if you did this time around but you should definitely submit this into Joels mapping contest. the second one closed off entries a while back and as far as i know he is still going over the maps. But if he does a 3rd one you should definetly submit it!

I didn't know that contest, for this edition I can't present it, but maybe in the following one...
yeah the guy that does it has a twitch channel that can be found here:
https://www.twitch.tv/vargskelethor
Zero X. Diamond

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

I just found this because I was lazily searching my own name to try and find a thing I posted (which isn't even the proper way to do what I wanted, lol) and I'm glad to see somebody used some of my textures! It looks really cool from the screenshots so I'll definitely have to check it out.
popguy12 wrote:You know what i just thought of? Not sure if you did this time around but you should definitely submit this into Joels mapping contest. the second one closed off entries a while back and as far as i know he is still going over the maps. But if he does a 3rd one you should definetly submit it!
Don't do this though. Joel's contests have thus far had a "you can't submit something you already made" rule so you'd absolutely be cheating, heh.
PaskaTykki

Post by PaskaTykki »

Map was very fun and nice looking. 1 think i didnt like there is way too much ammo.
DooMknight

Post by DooMknight »

Zero X. Diamond wrote:I just found this because I was lazily searching my own name to try and find a thing I posted (which isn't even the proper way to do what I wanted, lol) and I'm glad to see somebody used some of my textures! It looks really cool from the screenshots so I'll definitely have to check it out.
Yeah as I remember used this texture from you, great for the ambience! If you play it you will see it many times along the map

PaskaTykki wrote:Map was very fun and nice looking. 1 think i didnt like there is way too much ammo.
Thanks for playing! I'm glad you liked it.
About what you say, you're right, there's a lot of ammo. It's difficult to measure the quantity in such a huge map in which you can go back to previous areas... also opted to put more ammo to provide faster action during the journey
Osiris Kalev

Post by Osiris Kalev »

Wow, what a map! Took about 2 hours for me to go through and even then I didn't end up finding all the secrets (only found 16). Plenty of ammo to go round (to the point where I'm sure I had maybe 2 lots of full ammo around the map by the end, but I digress), good placement of enemies. I did find health sometimes lacking, but a small bit of backtracking helped to alleviate that. And the detailing was pretty spot on too. This may be because I haven't really played any doom levels for a good 2-3 years, but the usage of the modelled vehicles really helped enhance the look of the map too.

Overall, well done! How long all up did it take you to build this monstrosity of a map?
DooMknight

Post by DooMknight »

Osiris Kalev wrote:Overall, well done! How long all up did it take you to build this monstrosity of a map?
Ufff... As I said, too much time. 11 years intermittently, when I had some time and inspiration, worked on it

By the way, I've uploaded an updated version with the errors that all you've mentioned fixed. It's already on /idgames and the google drive link on the first post.

Here is the changelog:
  • Added some crates (not much) in the southest outdoor area to give the player a chance to take cover.
  • Corrected the secrets counter, now the map has 22.
  • Fixed some sector that didn't rise and could leave the player trapped.
  • Also fixed the 3 cacos that didn't appear correctly in the final area.
  • Some other minor tweaks.
DooMknight

Post by DooMknight »

After the last gzdoom update I noticed the rendering mode of the engine has changed, so some sectors looked very bad. I've updated the map fixing those sectors, and also some more, here is the changelog:
  • Fixed many sectors that didn't show correctly in the latest GZDoom version.
  • Added 3 new secrets, some previously easily accessible objects and powerups have moved to these secrets.
  • Added more detail to some areas that were desertic or too empty.
  • Fixed some misaligned textures.
  • The Pustule speed has doubled, before it was a derisory enemy.
  • Few minor fixes.
Download

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IwkDT ... CNkm10nrSQ (same link in the first post)

Some screens with some of the changes: 
Spoiler:
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

*eyebrows go so high looking at the screenshots i end up looking like i shaved em off.*

*smashes download button*

EDIT:
nevermind...cant get decent frames on 3.7. my computer is shitting all over itself.

Return to “Levels”