[3.2!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [2.4] FINAL DOOMER +

Postby phonemiller22 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:05 am

is there any addon for this mod that makes all the new weapon classes behave just like the vanilla guns as far as damage, spread, shot timing??.. I love the effects and feel of this mod... but I know alot of people would agree it would be a nice option to have. "Vanilla weapon stats" toggle or something. Thanks for any help guys. Maybe there is a easy way to edit the weapon files in SLADE if nothing else. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :o :o :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
phonemiller22

Postby Princess Viscra Maelstrom » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:38 am

Wisecrack34 wrote:I recognize the gun pickup sound from somewhere and It's driving me crazy trying to figure it out, something from the N64 I'm pretty sure

it's some sort of stock sample i believe. you're probably thinking of either Goldeneye or Perfect Dark, but it also shows up in Dark Forces 2 for example.
Princess Viscra Maelstrom

Postby StroggVorbis » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:24 am

I believe I also heard that sound in the main menu of Action Half-Life, Unreal when reloading the automag in any version past 200 and the obscure game Airfix Dogfighter.
StroggVorbis
Donut eat me pls!

Operating System: Windows Vista/7 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Yholl » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:33 pm

Wisecrack34 wrote:I recognize the gun pickup sound from somewhere and It's driving me crazy trying to figure it out, something from the N64 I'm pretty sure
Yep. It's a stock soundy thing that I altered the timing of to mimic the sound you're thinking of, it's the weapon pickup sound from Shadows of the Empire.

phonemiller22 wrote:is there any addon for this mod that makes all the new weapon classes behave just like the vanilla guns as far as damage, spread, shot timing??.. I love the effects and feel of this mod... but I know alot of people would agree it would be a nice option to have. "Vanilla weapon stats" toggle or something. Thanks for any help guys. Maybe there is a easy way to edit the weapon files in SLADE if nothing else. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :o :o :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
That's impossible, the guns are fundamentally different from the vanilla guns. There is a menu option to set the Doom 2 weapons to vanilla stats, but that's all.
Yholl
I will hit you with my Decorate.

Postby HorrorMovieGuy » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:41 pm

This is, and has been for a while, my favorite weapons mod. Although I feel like I should mention(and I seriously apologize if it has been mentioned before, as a quick skim through the last 10 pages showed me that no one seems to have pointed this out yet), but as someone who doesn't use the Doom 2 weapons set all that often, and has just decided to use it again today, I noticed that it doesn't fix the infamous stray pixel on the super shotgun, which causes me a great deal of mental anguish.

I know it's an almost non-issue, but... ;-;
HorrorMovieGuy
Witch cat that lives in the swamp

Postby Yholl » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:06 pm

HorrorMovieGuy wrote:I know it's an almost non-issue, but... ;-;
I have now immediately DESTROYED the crime pixel, the next update of both Final Doomer and LegenDoom will no longer have its foul presence.
Yholl
I will hit you with my Decorate.

Postby VGA » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:41 am

Nooo, without the pixel it's an imposter SSG. Please make an option so we can enable or disable it. Let's say an "Emulate vanilla SSG's stray brown pixel" toggle?

/s
VGA

Postby Captain J » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:50 am

Haaah i truly love the Justice you have bestowed upon that Nefariously Drastic Pixel!
Captain J
'OH YE'

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Princess Viscra Maelstrom » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:29 am

#JusticeForBrownPixel
Princess Viscra Maelstrom

Postby TheMightyHeracross » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:06 pm

Wait, is that a mistake? I thought that was just Doomguy's thumb or something.
TheMightyHeracross
...and remember: his silence is golden.

Discord: TheMightyHeracross#1716
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Kali, Mint, etc) 64-bit

Postby Enjay » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:44 pm

VGA wrote:Nooo, without the pixel it's an imposter SSG. Please make an option so we can enable or disable it. Let's say an "Emulate vanilla SSG's stray brown pixel" toggle?

/s

:lol: Without the /s it could almost be an example of Poe's law. :lol:
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby VGA » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:59 pm

TheMightyHeracross wrote:Wait, is that a mistake? I thought that was just Doomguy's thumb or something.

It is a stray brown pixel which creeped in by mistake in the original art. It is corrected in sprite fixing projects, smooth animation projects etc...

But if you see a thumb in it then more power to ya!
VGA

Postby Gideon020 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:28 pm

Huh, didn't think there was anything more to add to justify an update to this.
Gideon020
Fanboy

Postby VGA » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:35 pm

Gideon020 wrote:Huh, didn't think there was anything more to add to justify an update to this.

What a weird post to come here and make.
VGA

Postby OrdinaryDemon » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:59 am

Final Doomer has easily become my favorite gameplay-mod for Doom, I really love its relative simplicity compared to other mods.
I had some trouble using BTSX-guy and others, but after playing them some more I understood them better and do now enjoy all of them.
My only complains right now are are the slow projectile speed of JCP neutron shotgun, which enemies just sidestep too often.
The other thing is how often BTSX Nanocore can be used. I have seen in previous replies that you are adamant about changing the only once per level use so that you have to carefully think when to use it, but I would argue that a charge meter that is carried over into other levels would be better.
As it currently is the Nanocore makes BTSX-guy overpowered in mapsets in lots of short, small levels, where you don't really have have to be concerned if you immediatly use it. In long, giant maps BTSX-guy is certainly still strong, but it's a shame when you can only use his most interesting gimmick for a relative short time there, for no other reason than the map being a huge structure instead of many smaller ones.
Removing the "once per level" and replacing it with a meter of some sort, would force the player to think more critically about when to use it, which is closer to your intention, I feel.
Anyway I really love this project, and I'm looking foward to future releases!
OrdinaryDemon

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods