[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
phonemiller22

Re: [2.4] FINAL DOOMER +

Post by phonemiller22 »

is there any addon for this mod that makes all the new weapon classes behave just like the vanilla guns as far as damage, spread, shot timing??.. I love the effects and feel of this mod... but I know alot of people would agree it would be a nice option to have. "Vanilla weapon stats" toggle or something. Thanks for any help guys. Maybe there is a easy way to edit the weapon files in SLADE if nothing else. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :o :o :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Wisecrack34 wrote:I recognize the gun pickup sound from somewhere and It's driving me crazy trying to figure it out, something from the N64 I'm pretty sure
it's some sort of stock sample i believe. you're probably thinking of either Goldeneye or Perfect Dark, but it also shows up in Dark Forces 2 for example.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

I believe I also heard that sound in the main menu of Action Half-Life, Unreal when reloading the automag in any version past 200 and the obscure game Airfix Dogfighter.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Wisecrack34 wrote:I recognize the gun pickup sound from somewhere and It's driving me crazy trying to figure it out, something from the N64 I'm pretty sure
Yep. It's a stock soundy thing that I altered the timing of to mimic the sound you're thinking of, it's the weapon pickup sound from Shadows of the Empire.
phonemiller22 wrote:is there any addon for this mod that makes all the new weapon classes behave just like the vanilla guns as far as damage, spread, shot timing??.. I love the effects and feel of this mod... but I know alot of people would agree it would be a nice option to have. "Vanilla weapon stats" toggle or something. Thanks for any help guys. Maybe there is a easy way to edit the weapon files in SLADE if nothing else. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :o :o :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
That's impossible, the guns are fundamentally different from the vanilla guns. There is a menu option to set the Doom 2 weapons to vanilla stats, but that's all.
HorrorMovieRei
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

This is, and has been for a while, my favorite weapons mod. Although I feel like I should mention(and I seriously apologize if it has been mentioned before, as a quick skim through the last 10 pages showed me that no one seems to have pointed this out yet), but as someone who doesn't use the Doom 2 weapons set all that often, and has just decided to use it again today, I noticed that it doesn't fix the infamous stray pixel on the super shotgun, which causes me a great deal of mental anguish.

I know it's an almost non-issue, but... ;-;
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

HorrorMovieGuy wrote:I know it's an almost non-issue, but... ;-;
I have now immediately DESTROYED the crime pixel, the next update of both Final Doomer and LegenDoom will no longer have its foul presence.
VGA

Post by VGA »

Nooo, without the pixel it's an imposter SSG. Please make an option so we can enable or disable it. Let's say an "Emulate vanilla SSG's stray brown pixel" toggle?

/s
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Haaah i truly love the Justice you have bestowed upon that Nefariously Drastic Pixel!
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

#JusticeForBrownPixel
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Wait, is that a mistake? I thought that was just Doomguy's thumb or something.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

VGA wrote:Nooo, without the pixel it's an imposter SSG. Please make an option so we can enable or disable it. Let's say an "Emulate vanilla SSG's stray brown pixel" toggle?

/s
:lol: Without the /s it could almost be an example of Poe's law. :lol:
VGA

Post by VGA »

TheMightyHeracross wrote:Wait, is that a mistake? I thought that was just Doomguy's thumb or something.
It is a stray brown pixel which creeped in by mistake in the original art. It is corrected in sprite fixing projects, smooth animation projects etc...

But if you see a thumb in it then more power to ya!
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Huh, didn't think there was anything more to add to justify an update to this.
VGA

Post by VGA »

Gideon020 wrote:Huh, didn't think there was anything more to add to justify an update to this.
What a weird post to come here and make.
OrdinaryDemon

Post by OrdinaryDemon »

Final Doomer has easily become my favorite gameplay-mod for Doom, I really love its relative simplicity compared to other mods.
I had some trouble using BTSX-guy and others, but after playing them some more I understood them better and do now enjoy all of them.
My only complains right now are are the slow projectile speed of JCP neutron shotgun, which enemies just sidestep too often.
The other thing is how often BTSX Nanocore can be used. I have seen in previous replies that you are adamant about changing the only once per level use so that you have to carefully think when to use it, but I would argue that a charge meter that is carried over into other levels would be better.
As it currently is the Nanocore makes BTSX-guy overpowered in mapsets in lots of short, small levels, where you don't really have have to be concerned if you immediatly use it. In long, giant maps BTSX-guy is certainly still strong, but it's a shame when you can only use his most interesting gimmick for a relative short time there, for no other reason than the map being a huge structure instead of many smaller ones.
Removing the "once per level" and replacing it with a meter of some sort, would force the player to think more critically about when to use it, which is closer to your intention, I feel.
Anyway I really love this project, and I'm looking foward to future releases!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”