Bastion (Hexen)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Rip and Tear

Bastion (Hexen)

Post by Rip and Tear »

Bastion is a single-level WAD for Hexen. The map takes place in an abandoned, crumbling old castle. The design is inspired by the castle in the first Infinity Blade game. In classic Hexen style, you’ll be partaking in key and puzzle item hunting to progress. It should take about 10–15 minutes to play through. This is my first serious attempt at making a Hexen level, and I hope you enjoy it.

This map uses the vanilla Hexen format and ACS, so it should be compatible with any source port. There will be some visual issues if you try to play this in vanilla and a few odd issues with scripting, but it will still be fully playable.

Download

Spoiler: More Screenshots
Last edited by Rip and Tear on Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Bastion (Hexen)

Post by Rachael »

Those are some great screenshots, and the level looks to be brimming with quality. I'll be trying this out later. :)
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Played through this - short and sweet!

As the fighter I must have missed the axe, however - I got all the other weapons though... weird!
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

ShadesMaster wrote:Played through this - short and sweet!

As the fighter I must have missed the axe, however - I got all the other weapons though... weird!
Just started playing it myself, the axe is actually right at the very beginning, situated next to the lone tree :D
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Played this earlier myself - first as the cleric then as the fighter. It's a nice little (but not too little) map and refreshing to see something for Hexen.
Spoiler:
Rip and Tear

Post by Rip and Tear »

I've released an updated version of this map. The download link in the original post has been updated.
Spoiler: Revision 1 Changes
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

Fun map. I made a video :)

Return to “Levels”