Zandronum hackjob FOV patch

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SeriousWeasle
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Zandronum hackjob FOV patch

Post by SeriousWeasle »

First of all let me start this post of by saying that I know that this is a zandronum patch submitted to the zdoom forums, so if that is against the rules I will move this post over to a forum for zandronum.

About the mod
So I googled for a fix for the FOV reset thing in zandronum, but the only fixes I could find were just entering the command each time you enter a level or double bind w with the fov command and +forward.
This mod automatically executes the FOV command at the start of the level so you don't have to double bind keys or type the command in every time. I know this is not the most elegant solution but it works and is more convenient to me than double binding or entering the command every time.

Usage
For load order, simply load this mod last.
To change the fov, simply type

Code: Select all

ws_fov n
where n is the desired fov into the console and it should set it to that number each time you load into a map. The default value of the mod is 110 and the default value for zandronum is 90.

If you change ws_fov while in a map, it does not instantly update. To fix this, either reload the map or type

Code: Select all

fov n
where n is the number for fov you want, to fix this.

Download
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SuaRm ... gkLqgNy-Jk
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Zandronum hackjob FOV patch

Post by Rachael »

SeriousWeasle wrote:First of all let me start this post of by saying that I know that this is a zandronum patch submitted to the zdoom forums, so if that is against the rules I will move this post over to a forum for zandronum.
For reference, we have no issue with you hosting Zandronum stuff here. All is good.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”