The WIP Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Tormentor667

Re: The WIP Thread

Post by Tormentor667 »

dpJudas wrote:
Tormentor667 wrote:How does this work in General? Where does the lightmap get its light sources from?
UDMF properties on lines, sectors and things create light sources and then the zdray tool generates the lightmap. The data is added to the wad as a new lump, next to the bsp nodes also generated by zdray.
Thanks for the explanation, is there already a documentation about the new udmf properties somewhere?
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

The link I gave to zdray describes the properties. Essentially you specify a light distance + color on a line, sector or thing and then the tool will emit light from it. Lines and sectors become area lights, while the things become either a point or spot light.

Note that if you want to play with this, you need a build of GZDoom from the lightmaps branch. The nightly builds will not render them currently.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Gez

Post by Gez »

dpJudas wrote:The link I gave to zdray describes the properties. Essentially you specify a light distance + color on a line, sector or thing and then the tool will emit light from it. Lines and sectors become area lights, while the things become either a point or spot light.
What exactly are lightinnerangle and lightouterangle, and does their sum need to be360°?
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

They are the inner and outer spotlight angles. Inner is the angle where lights begin to fade out and outer angle is when it is fully faded. Both default to 180, which means nothing is faded (they are point lights).
Gez

Post by Gez »

Okay, so if we want a 60° cone of stark light, we need to set the angles to 30, right?
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

That's correct.
Darsycho
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by Darsycho »

Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Marisa the Magician »

That's a lotta shells
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

We are the SHOTGURG. Resistance is Surely Shelltile.
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Screenshots from the upcoming action adventure mod Abysm: Dawn of Innocence for Doom 2.

Gez

Post by Gez »

Please drop the greengrocer's apostrophe. Unless you have an item called "Of Ortheon" that belongs to someone named Dungeon.
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Gez wrote:Please drop the greengrocer's apostrophe. Unless you have an item called "Of Ortheon" that belongs to someone named Dungeon.
Nice catch. :P thank you for pointing that out.
Its been corrected now
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I shouldn't be showing this up so soon, but i am also taking a dive on a mix between guns and magic:

It's very simple, really. You have some guns and some amulets that grant you magic powers. I think it needs some more polishment before an actual release.
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

GAA1992 wrote:I shouldn't be showing this up so soon, but i am also taking a dive on a mix between guns and magic:

It's very simple, really. You have some guns and some amulets that grant you magic powers. I think it needs some more polishment before an actual release.
will there be a rocket launcher weapon or just only 3 weapons?

Return to “Off-Topic”