[Resources/Monsters] IMX's Wacky World of I Dunno [18-Nov08]

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
IMX

Re: [Resources/Monsters] IMX's Wacky World of I Dunno [07/18

Post by IMX »

I'm ashamed to even bump this thread without actually making a new contribution, but I believe I need to address this.

Any and all files that I may have posted (not just in this thread but this forum in general) linking to Dropbox are now gone. If you need a file, feel free to ask for it via PM, but for now all links will remain broken; I do plan on fixing this issue but it won't happen until next Sunday.

For more info., check my recent posts. Apologies for the inconvenience, have a good day.

Edit: It should all be fixed now!
RSSwizard

Re: [Resources/Monsters] IMX's Wacky World of I Dunno [Sep07

Post by RSSwizard »

I downloaded the Black Panther, IMX Ghoul and IMX Fiend recently - and while the files download successfully they were all corrupted (nothing would read them, slade wouldnt open them). Had to request the panther in resources to get one that worked.

You may need to check your Mediafire.
Attachments
corruptedFile.png
corruptedFile.png (46.56 KiB) Viewed 787 times
wolfman

Re: [Resources/Monsters] IMX's Wacky World of I Dunno [Sep07

Post by wolfman »

I just downloaded all the files from the first post and they all open in SLADE (3.1.0.2-647-ga9e30e4) with no errors.
Spoiler: File info
IMX

Re: [Resources/Monsters] IMX's Wacky World of I Dunno [18-No

Post by IMX »

Hi! Long time no see! Here's something for all of ya, a game rip!

Metal Slug Defense (Japanese Name :メタルスラッグディフェンス) is a tower defense mobile game created by SNK Playmore in 2014 for iOS and Android mobile devices. It was also ported to Steam in 2015 causing a mixed reception between Metal Slug fans.

A sequel to this game, titled Metal Slug Attack, was released by SNK Playmore on February 2016. The latest version of Metal Slug Defense is 1.46.0 and has not been updated since April 24, 2016.

The game reuses graphics and sounds from most, if not all Metal Slug games released to date, even going as far as to include characters from other franchises such as The King Of Fighters; in Metal Slug Attack they even created brand new characters and updated the design of a few.

I used to play these games a lot. Thankfully I never, ever spent a single dime on them, but I still spent a lot of time playing them. Probably more than I should have. I quit playing the series a long time ago, but not before doing a small rip of a few sprites that I've always wanted to get my hands on.

If you happen to be looking for MSD/A rips and you don't find the ones that you want in this thread, perhaps you should take a look at The Spriters Resource; fortunately there's a group of dedicated people who have ripped most of the original content from the games.

So with that being said, and before I forget about it, here's a link to a small mobile rip of HUD sprites and menu graphics:

MSD_rips.zip

Keep in mind that this isn't a full rip. It isn't even a proper rip, because I had to compile the .OBM viewer first and as you're about to notice, it didn't have an option to Export the graphics with transparency. It simply contains a few graphics from the mobile game that I wanted to rip. I can only assume there's a better option to rip graphics from the mobile game that I have yet to try, but for the time being, I think this will do.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [Resources/Monsters] IMX's Wacky World of I Dunno [18-No

Post by Captain J »

Ahh, IMX! It's been a long time there. How have you been? Also Metal Slug Defense is kinda fun to play and such, but i wish they continued to work on the sequel or spin-off to Actual Metal Slug Series... But hey, at least they actually put some effort into this app game and that's a relief.

Return to “Resources”