Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
JohnnyBGetgoode

Re: Lithium 1.6 (Oct. 16 2018)

Post by JohnnyBGetgoode »

Just wanted to hop in and say that I decided to give this mod a whirl after staring at the screenshots salivating, and I have to say, this is a top-tier mod. Good work. I especially like that you can gimp yourself to gain additional resources. Really unique concept!

I'm looking forward to mucking about with the Cybermage some more!
Uber Tiga

Post by Uber Tiga »

I just got to say, the mod is absolutely stunning and i've been playing the earlier version for quite awhile but i ran into some problem in the current 1.6 build unfortunately.

I have no idea what happens but when i load up the mod, i can't navigate through the upgrade menu and the character/weapon sprite seems to be missing.
The previous version of Lithium didn't have this problem, only the current 1.6.
Is there a specific rendering option that i have to switch on in this newest version ? im already using the latest GZDoom.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Try grabbing the latest Github commit, Uber?
Uber Tiga

Post by Uber Tiga »

It doesn't help unfortunately, I still got the same issue.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Uber Tiga wrote:It doesn't help unfortunately, I still got the same issue.
Does the problem go away if you move/rename your GZDoom INI?
Uber Tiga

Post by Uber Tiga »

wildweasel wrote:
Uber Tiga wrote:It doesn't help unfortunately, I still got the same issue.
Does the problem go away if you move/rename your GZDoom INI?
Yes. Thank You, its working properly now.
zimxpentagram

Post by zimxpentagram »

I actually enjoy this gameplay mod a lot, it has an amazing cyber feel and the mechanics for the inventory, store, and CBI are smooth and amazing. It would be cool if the hud was able to change colors along with the CBI but aside from that, everything is perfect. I hope you update this more to make this even better.
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

zimxpentagram wrote:I actually enjoy this gameplay mod a lot, it has an amazing cyber feel and the mechanics for the inventory, store, and CBI are smooth and amazing. It would be cool if the hud was able to change colors along with the CBI but aside from that, everything is perfect. I hope you update this more to make this even better.
The current HUDs are colored specifically for their characters so they won't be customizable, but I will eventually be adding a "universal" HUD that all of the classes can use which will be customizable. It'll probably be based off of the old 1.0 HUD, which I quite liked. Thanks for the feedback!
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

This probably seems completely out of the blue since I haven't posted anything since November but rest assured I am working on the next version still. I've created a page on itch.io for the mod and am going to note that the Git version is where active development is at.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

What's coming up in the next version update? I forgot. ^_^;
RiboNucleic Asshat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by RiboNucleic Asshat »

I've known about this mod for years, but for whatever reason I never bothered trying it. So, I decided to give it a shot recently.

This is... absolutely incredible. The sheer amount of effort put into pretty much every system is breathtaking; not only is it packed with wonderfully humorous descriptions and flavor text, it has everything in TWO LANGUAGES, one of which isn't even supported by base GZDoom so you actually went and wrote your own renderer for it, you absolute mad cat! The RPG system is shockingly deep for a Doom mod, yet still manages to be completely enjoyable and none of it feels overly complex (though, that's just my taste speaking, some people may wish for simpler systems).

As if all the content weren't enough, the fact that you've gone above and beyond with compatibility really sweetens the deal. Since monster mods and levelsets are so eternally popular, I've essentially got an endless stream of games to play within this framework.

I could gush for hours and write an incredibly in-depth analysis of every single thing I love about this mod, but I'm sure there's no need. The quality of this work is evident simply by playing it. Plus, I'm sure you've had a million people praising this straight to hell over the years.

I would just like to say, however, that I believe this may in fact be the best Doom mod ever created. It's an absolute shame that mainstream coverage of this seems to be particularly lacking, especially in relation to certain... other, less well-developed mods. If it weren't for the fact that this relies on Doom to run, you'd have trouble convincing me that this was not an obscure AAA game from days past.

Somehow, you've managed to create a game that appeals to my every sensibility, and in my infinite wisdom, I've ignored it for the majority of its existence... I'm not sure what else to say, besides... I think I love you now???? Can I marry this pk3?
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

PermaNoob wrote:many words
* Marrub melts into a puddle on the floor
Thanks! It means a lot to me. I very rarely actually get feedback on the mod, though a lot of that is my fault for not working on it consistently just about ever. This definitely gives me quite a bit of motivation to keep working.
Gideon020 wrote:What's coming up in the next version update? I forgot. ^_^;
1.6.1 will be mostly bug fixes and polish. And a lot of optimization. 1.7 will have a new character. Probably. If I don't put it off again. <_>
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Marrub wrote:
Gideon020 wrote:What's coming up in the next version update? I forgot. ^_^;
1.6.1 will be mostly bug fixes and polish. And a lot of optimization. 1.7 will have a new character. Probably. If I don't put it off again. <_>
Ooh neat, a new character!
Marrub

Re: Lithium 1.6.1 (Jan. 24, 2019)

Post by Marrub »

Version 1.6.1 (Hyper-Trilithium) has been released! Check the OP for change log and download.

For the most part, this update makes things feel a lot better and fixes many game breaking issues. Internally, just about everything was rewritten, so there are probably bugs I fixed that didn't even make it onto the change log. Hopefully there are none left. I also went through and did extremely rigorous optimizations to everything I could think of. New effects by itsmedoggo and myself make things quite a bit more... exciting.

The next class is under way and most of the weapons are semi-implemented, but most of them lack sprites and sounds right now, so the release version does not include the class in the menu selection. I've sort of run a bit low on steam so I honestly don't know when they'll be completed. Anyway, look at this fucking awesome art Skelegant made:

Informant, one of the planned classes: A combat robot whose AI is perhaps a bit unstable.
Thoth,the last planned class, and Cyber-Mage.
namsan
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Lithium 1.6.1 (Jan. 24, 2019)

Post by namsan »

Nice, I'm going to try it soon!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”