Not a bug? Cannot load a soundfont from another folder

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!
Kroc
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Not a bug? Cannot load a soundfont from another folder

Post by Kroc »

I'm trying to get GZDoom 3.6 to load a soundfont from another folder; specifically because I'm trying DOOM 64 RTR: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/9 ... tribution/ which includes DOOMSND.SF2 (DOOM 64's sound font).

Yes; the simple answer is "place the "DOOMSND.SF2 file in the soundfonts directory", but I need to specifically script it because this is for PortaDOOM which contains multiple versions of GZDoom and not even including older versions still has to have the x86, x64 & legacy versions.

The command line I'm using would look something like this:
(simplified to remove relative paths all over the place)

Code: Select all

gzdoom.exe -iwad DOOM2.WAD -file "D64RTR_BRIGHTMAPS.PK3" "D64RTR[v1.5].WAD" +set fluid_patchset "C:/[...]/DOOMSND.SF2" +snd_reset
But it simply won't take. In-game the menu shows the given path, the console shows the `fluid_patchset` value set to what it should be, but still I'm not getting the DOOM 64 sound font. No difference if `+snd_reset` included or not. I've also tried moving the commands into a file and loading that with `-exec ...`.

Is sound font loading from relative/absolute paths broken?
Kroc

Re: Not a bug? Cannot load a soundfont from another folder

Post by Kroc »

Tested working in GZDoom v3.2 -- does not work on any version thereafter; i.e. when the soundfonts folder was introduced.
Korell

Post by Korell »

Isn't there a section within the ini file that lists the folders that can contain the soundfonts, just like there's one that lists the folders where the IWADs are kept?
[SoundfontSearch.Directories]
Kroc

Post by Kroc »

There should be, but I shouldn't have to resort to that; the command-line will work with the mix-n-match nature of engines and versions. Also, PortaDOOM comes as a set of different packages such as Cacowards 2015/16/17 & PSXDOOM; so the DOOM64 sound font is not required in all of these.

Basically, yes, I could hack a solution together with the config files, but getting the command line working (like it did) makes my life *much* easier.

Return to “Bugs [GZDoom]”