Dimension of the Boomed

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
AL-97

Re: Dimension of the Boomed

Post by AL-97 »

First played this awesome episode back in 2017, when it was still an incomplete test version. The final release of DOTB is probably my favourite mapset of this year. Can't help but be excited about the sequel with all the awesome ZDoom'isms, even though my guess is it's probably gonna be a while before we see anything playable. Awesomeness like this takes time.

I have one question though. When you are saying that it "will be built for ZDoom", do you mean ZDoom specifically or do you plan to use any of the GZDoom features?
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Urthur wrote:I've noticed if you're playing with a mod that changes the Doom monsters quite a lot, then the Quake ones can feel a bit flat in comparison.
I played without mods (my BD v20c version) this time and i really liked it, i didn't expect them to be compatible. I don't think you would get the quake monsters then, same for the minigun.
You could do another ZDoom version with swimmable water and more decorate stuff and then recycle that stuff in the next project, just an idea.
Urthur

Post by Urthur »

AL-97 wrote:When you are saying that it "will be built for ZDoom", do you mean ZDoom specifically or do you plan to use any of the GZDoom features?
The short answer is I haven't decided yet. I'm leaning towards ZDoom 2.8.1 as the default format. Otherwise Zandronum and 'QZDoom' compatibility is the upper bound for any advanced features I would consider.

I thought your play-through on you tube was pretty cool by the way, would mind if I linked it on the ModDB site?
drfrag wrote:You could do another ZDoom version with swimmable water and more decorate stuff and then recycle that stuff in the next project, just an idea.
I've lived with these maps for 2 years now, which feels more than enough. So I'd rather build new stuff.
AL-97

Post by AL-97 »

Urthur wrote:I thought your play-through on you tube was pretty cool by the way, would mind if I linked it on the ModDB site?
Of course I would not mind! I would honestly consider that as an honour.
Yhe100

Post by Yhe100 »

Is this made with jumping in mind, or is jumping not allowed?
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Yhe100 wrote:Is this made with jumping in mind, or is jumping not allowed?
It is possible to open the pwad with Slate3 and check the settings in (Z)MAPINFO to verify if jumping is allowed. In this case it is not.

[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/WcLf7DG[/imgur]

However, if you prefer jumping then simply delete the restriction. Resave the map with a different name, just in case.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Kappes Buur wrote:However, if you prefer jumping then simply delete the restriction. Resave the map with a different name, just in case.
Better to just use "sv_allowjump true" than to edit the file.

However to anyone who does this - keep in mind that you might break a map if you jump in such a map because when the restriction is there it usually means the map author did not bother putting any sort of flow control to account for it. So don't bother reporting bugs when you do that.

Return to “Levels”